Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2020 10:21:43 AM EDT
I see Charles Daly used to make them so it seems that those factories could turn them out for RIA... Would think there is a market for them since the Turkish Clones are the only thing I see out there right now.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 10:43:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Charles Daly was made by FEG in Hungary, which is out of business.  I'm sure RIA could tool up to make a Hi Power but the question is why.  Honestly it's not that popular of an item.  It has a following but nothing like the 1911.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 2:24:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ameshawki:
Charles Daly was made by FEG in Hungary, which is out of business.  I'm sure RIA could tool up to make a Hi Power but the question is why.  Honestly it's not that popular of an item.  It has a following but nothing like the 1911.
View Quote

I agree; those who want a cheap shooter HP clone are well served with the Tisas Regent or the decades' worth of production of clones by FEG and FM.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 2:10:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I think RIA is right for mainly concentrating on 1911s and variations of them. The PI have a long-standing relationship with the 1911. I could be wrong, but I can't see them producing a bunch of very different handguns like the Turks do.

Even though they've been made in a lot of countries, I think the Hi Power is a niche weapon these days. I love them, but if I'm going to carry a doublestack 9mm it will be a lightweight, striker-fired something.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top