Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2018 5:18:25 PM EDT
Late last year I bought a 19 gen5 and bought a set of the oem night sights to go on it. Turns out the old 6.5mm rear sight doesn't work with my gun, so I bought a 6.1mm rear but haven't been able to shoot with it yet.

The other day I was in the arms room at work and got to play with the new gen5 17's that we will be issued soon. They have the glock oem 3 dot night sights on them but they are different in that the rear notch is much wider and the front post slightly thinner and taller. I tried looking for them online and can find plenty of pictures of them online but no retailers are selling them, not even on Glocks own store. Anyone seen these new sights anywhere? I like to have my personal and duty guns maintain consistency and would like a set for my 19.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 6:59:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe the new ones coming from Glock on blue label guns are Meprolight, but I thought they had the colored insert around the tritium like a Trijicon HD   Link

Link  the Trijicon sights are a propriatary height

I bought this front only but found that it is not same height as my old factory glock brand night sights

My inquiry to Trijicon:
TRIGL601C600838  ( Bang Head Here) I really should have read this more closely.   I thought these would be the same height as the standard glock sights from the factory however they are taller and that was enough to change point of impact by over a foot low at 25 yds.  I do not see the matching height rear sight only, is it available.
response from Trijicon:
Thank you for your inquiry. We provide the front sight separate and as a set. The sight measurements are proprietary and cannot be used with the factory sights. We do offer the front sight alone as a replacement or, if you already have our HD rear sight and wanted to switch the HD XR, you can purchase just the front sight and they will work together. The correct rear sight would be part GL101R (600539), and it retails for $87.00. Have a grat weekend and please let me know if you have any other questions and/or concerns.

Sincerely,
Saera
Trijicon Technical Support

Might be these from Ameriglo
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 8:27:30 PM EDT
[#2]
They are not the Ameriglo bold or agent sights. These are updated versions of glock's classic 3 dot night sights.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 9:57:59 PM EDT
[#3]
There's some on the EE right now.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 8:41:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I have some if you're still looking.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 10:44:16 PM EDT
[#5]
The Glock USA store online has them.  Set or individual.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 9:30:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Glock USA store online has them.  Set or individual.
View Quote
They sure dont.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 9:30:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have some if you're still looking.
View Quote
I'll have to wait till after Christmas but I may take you up on them.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 10:30:48 AM EDT
[#8]
I am in the same boat. I have a set on my NIB GEN5 G19 I got for Christmas and they have the 6.1 rear night sight with the wider notch. I also have a NIB GEN5 G17 that has a set of 6.1 night sights but the notch on the rear sight is narrower. I called Glock about it and they acted like they have no idea of what I was talking about when I kept explaining to them that the set of sights on my G17 must be marked wrong as I measured it and put each sight next to each other and compared them.

I finally got pissed after trying to explain to four different people what the problem was and they kept asking me if I was a Glock armorer and if one installed the sights. I told them no that I don't need to pay someone to do something I can do my self with my tools. I asked them if they sold just the rear sight and they told me no and they didn't even ask me to send the slide into them or anything. Anyways I am in the same boat and I am looking the newer 6.1 rear night sight for the GEN5 Glock 17/19. I don't need a whole set and I don't want to pay for a whole set that Glock has.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:58:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'll have to wait till after Christmas but I may take you up on them.
View Quote
Just let me know when you want them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top