Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2018 9:25:46 PM EDT
Heard of this for the first time on a podcast recently and seems like a good concept.   Any real world experience from someone who has actually carried one of these?

For those who are unaware, the magazine is held in place by a magnet.  Supposed to be strong enough to hold on place yet allows the magazine to be easily pulled out of a pocket.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 10:44:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Somebody on here got one.  We had a mag carry thread months back.    He said it was pretty nice.

My thought is I carry every day, and the amount of lint and dirt on my carry gun after a couple weeks is enough to make me think I don’t want that much crap going in my mag.   So I’ll keep using a belt pouch.

If a guy didn’t mind emptying and cleaning his mag regularly, it looks viable.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 6:41:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I carried one for about a year. Just sold it on the EE. great product but in the end I just prefer pocket carry.whith it you can actually put other items in the pocket as the NeoMag holds the mag up kinda hanging there. My problem is I have bigger hands and with a G17 mag hanging I couldn’t get my hand into my pocket to get at another item so I lost use of the pocket anyway. I went back to pocket carry and I can at least put my hand in my pocket.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 7:01:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I am right now.Attachment Attached File

I like it for the G42 mag, never had lint issues but I mostly wear Dickies work pants that don't seem to have pocket lint.

I wouldn't want to pocket carry a double stack magazine period, my pants are not baggy enough.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 7:58:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Intriguing...

I've been looking for a minimalist mag pouch.  Basically, I want to pocket carry a mag with just a thin covering or sheath to keep debris out of it.  Everything I can find adds excessive bulk.

I find the mag loader that came with my Glock is the right size.  I want a sheath that size with no additional clips or bulk.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 8:26:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I use one regularly, 9mm for either a CZ Rami or Sig 239.........
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 11:10:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Intriguing...

I've been looking for a minimalist mag pouch.  Basically, I want to pocket carry a mag with just a thin covering or sheath to keep debris out of it.  Everything I can find adds excessive bulk.

I find the mag loader that came with my Glock is the right size.  I want a sheath that size with no additional clips or bulk.
View Quote
Maybe?
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 5:59:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Maybe?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Intriguing...

Maybe?
Wow!  That is exactly what I've been looking for!  Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 6:50:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 9:32:21 PM EDT
[#9]
That ammo armor sleeve.  Damn, why didn’t I think of that.
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 8:46:37 AM EDT
[#10]
I have one and use it daily. It works great for my needs and I've used it with single stack and double stack mags - SIG225A1 and M11-A1.
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 1:23:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the replies.   For $40.00 I think I’ll give it a try.  Lord knows I’ve spent more on gun related items that now sit in a box.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 12:29:59 AM EDT
[#12]
I have one that Im about ready to give up on. anybody can see the clip so they know you have something, and it makes it so you cant really put your hand in your pocket cause of sharp edges. I keep my light in the same pocket. jut doesn't work. sure its good access to the mag, but as a carry approach, meh.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 6:46:20 PM EDT
[#13]
I understand the clip concern.  So many people carry clip knives now I figured no one would give it a second thought.  Now reaching into the pocket is another issue.  I would likely use this primarily for carry while wearing shorts, which are larger in pocket than my jeans. That is good feedback.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 5:01:16 PM EDT
[#14]
I just started carrying one when I am wearing jeans or Khaki style shorts. It is not bad so far. For the price I was not too thrilled but I use it for my glock 43 or 19 mags or for my m&p .40 compact mags. The thing I don't like is you have to have a flush base plate on the mag for it to sit deep into your pocket. Most of my mags have a extender on them so that causes those mags to sit up out of the pocket some so I don't use those with the neo mag. I am not big on having a metal clip visible though so I will probably go to a pocket mag holder next and see if that works for me at work. Office type environment, so I don't like people thinking I have a knife or gun or such. I guess bottom line, it is ok for a certain type of use.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 11:33:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Use one regularly for my 43.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top