Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2021 11:08:38 AM EDT
I'm getting a few handguns milled for red dots.  For the iron sites, I'm going Ameriglo 1/3 lower cowitness and blacked out rear. But I can't decide on the front. It's between the the GL-411 (white) vs the GL-511 (orange front). Anyone have any experience when running a red dot? Thanks
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 11:18:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I run all black front sights on all of my RMR guns.  Much prefer that to something that draws my attention away from the dot.

They're backups, and your RMR is arguably the tougher sighting system.  I'd go with sights that are as low as possible, and all black.  

Not sure what depth the cut you're getting will be but Ameriglo 429's are usually a good starting point.  On one of my milled setups, I have an even lower set of ameriglo sights.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 11:32:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I run all black front sights on all of my RMR guns.  Much prefer that to something that draws my attention away from the dot.

They're backups, and your RMR is arguably the tougher sighting system.  I'd go with sights that are as low as possible, and all black.  

Not sure what depth the cut you're getting will be but Ameriglo 429's are usually a good starting point.  On one of my milled setups, I have an even lower set of ameriglo sights.
View Quote

Gotcha. Yeah I debated the 429's as well. I'm optic cutting Glock slides @ Battlewerx with lower 1/3 Ameriglos.. I wasn't sure a colored front site would clutter up much of anything due to the lower 1/3. But like you state, not sure I need color in the front site at all then. I wouldn't think so hard about it, but i'm sending multiple slides, thus want to get it right the first time.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 12:12:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Trijicon green tritium with black outlines front and rear iron sight forward.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top