Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2020 10:53:36 AM EDT
There used to be a thread here on it but I think it went to archives.  I think there is a new trigger bar with a tit welded on it that gives you a firm reset sensation.  Anyone know the part number for Brownells?
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 11:40:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't know the part numbers, but the H trigger bar and the slide stop with the welded on bumps were the newest parts and made a lot of difference.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 1:21:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't know the part numbers, but the H trigger bar and the slide stop with the welded on bumps were the newest parts and made a lot of difference.
View Quote

My recollection also
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 9:08:32 PM EDT
[#3]
So 2 parts needed then?
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 9:24:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 4:06:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So 2 parts needed then?
View Quote

Technically you just need the new slide stop to get the reset click.  The H-bar may improve trigger feel slightly but YMMV in which feel you prefer more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP4e1ZvI4GY&ab&ab_channel=Rickfrom406
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 9:29:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I ordered both the H bar and gen 3 SS from Brownells for under $40 shipped.  I could've just welded a tit on the OEM SS but figured I should just try stock parts instead.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 11:22:56 PM EDT
[#7]
The sear was changed as well when they went to the H trigger bar so you may need that.
I believe you have to purchase the whole sear housing block as a complete unit.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 2:36:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The sear was changed as well when they went to the H trigger bar so you may need that.
View Quote

Not true, you can put all of the newer revision parts in the old housing block with the hole in it.
I have one early CORE with new internals in it and it functions perfectly fine.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 11:46:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Not true, you can put all of the newer revision parts in the old housing block with the hole in it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You sure about that because if I'm not mistaken they changes the sear return spring from 1/16" to 1/8" as well to fix a dead trigger issue they were having.
Not sure how you will put a 1/8" spring and plunger into a 1/16" hole.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 3:11:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You sure about that because if I'm not mistaken they changes the sear return spring from 1/16" to 1/8" as well to fix a dead trigger issue they were having.
Not sure how you will put a 1/8" spring and plunger into a 1/16" hole.
View Quote

You are right.  IIRC the earliest model sear housings had a 1/16th hole, thanks for reminding me.

However there are early model housings with a 1/8th hole as well, the only way to be sure is to pull the sear and measure the hole.
I just checked the large hole sear block I referenced in my earlier post and verified that it is indeed 1/8th, but I have a spare laying around that is 1/16 and the blocks are indistinguishable other than that one hole diameter.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 7:40:38 PM EDT
[#11]
I have the 1/8th inch block
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 1:25:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Here's the results
How To: Improve the trigger reset on an M&P 1.0 with one simple OEM part!!!
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 8:07:50 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a VERY early M&P, and my understanding is the frame was changed and I cannot retrofit one of the newer sear housings into it?
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 7:34:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have a VERY early M&P, and my understanding is the frame was changed and I cannot retrofit one of the newer sear housings into it?
View Quote

Yes the old sear housings have a big hole in the side and a different frame rail cutout shape.
However you can upgrade all the internals to the new revision ones except maybe the sear spring/plunger since some of the old blocks have 1/16 holes.  Alternatively you can look for a mid production old style block with a 1/8th hole or just drill the hole out yourself to 1/8.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top