Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/22/2023 9:38:56 AM EDT
Greetings everyone,

I live in a gun-friendly country, but not necessarily tax friendly one - every gun you know and love, basically costs double the money here (in comparison to the US). The only guns that cost the same are the CZs and HKs.
I do own a P320 x-compact for my CCW (paid $1300 for it). I'm pretty happy with it, but if I'd want a range toy like a P320 AXG, instead of $1500 I'll pay $3000.

So generally my question is simple:

Which guns do you think are worth it anyway if the price doubles? A specific focus on pistols would be nice, but you can mention any other gun as well
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 10:05:56 AM EDT
[#1]
The gun from Heat.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 10:27:03 AM EDT
[#2]
PSA Dagger. Cost w/night sights is $329 and the grip is way better than the factory Glock grip: PSA Dagger Compact
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 10:45:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 10:53:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd just buy CZ and HK
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 10:55:32 AM EDT
[#5]
For me, Tisas 1911 A1 45 ACP black at $399 or less in the US currently.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 11:07:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Welcome fellow firearms enthusiast.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 11:34:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like you live where my grandma came from Czech Republic now.  1911 Colt or clone but I sounds like you will be paying a high price no matter what.  Welcome brother. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 11:58:51 AM EDT
[#8]
I paid more than I should have for my 2019 Staccato P, although I paid market value, and I love this gun. If I want something, I don't typically sweat the price too much.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/22/2023 1:16:03 PM EDT
[#9]
You're "limited" to some of the best guns out there at normal prices. I would just stick with CZ and HK. My favorite polymer gun to shoot is the CZ P10C and P10F anyway.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 1:32:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Any gun that has the shoulder thing that goes up.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 1:44:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
PSA Dagger. Cost w/night sights is $329 and the grip is way better than the factory Glock grip: PSA Dagger Compact
View Quote

This.   I have a lot of Daggers.   Most cost me around $225 to $275, all in, thanks to various PSA sales (lower with AR lower for $100, so like $50 each, plus complete upper on sale for $159, also free shipping).    All of them have been 100% reliable over several thousand rounds each.   I have only one Glock anymore (a G26), which may go also if the Micro Dagger turns out to be100% reliable.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 2:05:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I agree, the reputation is unquestionable.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 2:10:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Sounds like you live where my grandma came from Czech Republic now.  1911 Colt or clone but I sounds like you will be paying a high price no matter what.  Welcome brother. /media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/ba2-879.gif
View Quote

That's correct, I'm from the Czech Republic. Colt 1911 is definitely on my list, and since the acquisition of Colt by CZ prices in the Czech Republic have surprisingly gone down a bit, which is nice to see.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 2:15:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I paid more than I should have for my 2019 Staccato P, although I paid market value, and I love this gun. If I want something, I don't typically sweat the price too much.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2261/IMG_3755_JPG-2791859.JPG
View Quote

That Staccato looks phenomenal, but I personally see the beauty of staccato in making it custom according to your needs. That is not something that is available here, and pre-made builds cost about $6000. Maybe someday I will put up with the hassle of importing it on my own from the US...
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 2:16:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Frankly, if I didn't have one, I'd pay 2x the price for a Glock 19.
View Quote

I agree, the reputation is unquestionable.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 2:31:20 PM EDT
[#16]
How does Dan Wesson play in Czechland?  DW is owned by CZ and offer 1911s and the DWX.  Plus CZ does offer the Shadow and TS line of pistols if you are looking for something a little more exotic.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 2:43:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'd just buy CZ and HK
View Quote

This. All day.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 3:04:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
How does Dan Wesson play in Czechland?  DW is owned by CZ and offer 1911s and the DWX.  Plus CZ does offer the Shadow and TS line of pistols if you are looking for something a little more exotic.
View Quote

Dan Wesson guns are hard to get, since as far as I know CZ-USA division is looking over their operation, and they are not very popular here - the demand is low. From time to time some pieces appear all over the country, but that doesn't happen very often.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 3:10:33 PM EDT
[#19]
I'd just buy HK.

VP9 Match
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 3:16:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Dan Wesson guns are hard to get, since as far as I know CZ-USA division is looking over their operation, and they are not very popular here - the demand is low. From time to time some pieces appear all over the country, but that doesn't happen very often.
View Quote

What pistols do you really like though besides the P320?  I could tell you a long list of handguns that tickle my fancy but being willing to pay double is hard to swallow.  But I realize things are much different for me and you.  So I will ask my questions this way…

What do you want to do with your next pistol you will pay double for?  Range toy, something exotic, competitive, what cartridge do you want 9mm 40sw, 10mm, 45ACP, or ___?  What stuff do you not like?  Hammer fired SA/DA, SAO, DAO, striker, or ___.  Are you looking to get into a specific genre of pistol like competitive or duty?

Can you get frames for your P320 or are they regulated in Czechland?

Side note have you thought about a target 22lr pistol?  Do you have access to 22lr ammo?
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 3:50:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'd just buy CZ and HK
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/22/2023 4:23:46 PM EDT
[#22]
At this point I would choose Canik or Dagger over Glock for striker fired.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 4:24:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'd just buy CZ and HK
View Quote

This.

Both/either are miles above a Sig 320. Or a Glock, or a Smith, or just about anything else out there.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 4:36:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Don't bother with the other junk when you have two fine brands available at reasonable prices.
I would just look for a P7 used and pay what is asked, if you don't already have one.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 4:52:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Not 2X the MSRP.  But nothing competes with it in terms of build quality and machining for less than 2K.

Link Posted: 4/23/2023 7:06:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

What pistols do you really like though besides the P320?  I could tell you a long list of handguns that tickle my fancy but being willing to pay double is hard to swallow.  But I realize things are much different for me and you.  So I will ask my questions this way…

What do you want to do with your next pistol you will pay double for?  Range toy, something exotic, competitive, what cartridge do you want 9mm 40sw, 10mm, 45ACP, or ___?  What stuff do you not like?  Hammer fired SA/DA, SAO, DAO, striker, or ___.  Are you looking to get into a specific genre of pistol like competitive or duty?

Can you get frames for your P320 or are they regulated in Czechland?

Side note have you thought about a target 22lr pistol?  Do you have access to 22lr ammo?
View Quote

Personally, I am currently looking for a range toy/home defense combo. I am accustomed to DA/SA action or Striker, but I do not mind any firing setup. In terms of P320s - the grip frame is not regulated, the slide and barrel are. But that involves only making a stop at the police department beforehand and asking for a $10 stamp. However, the regular availability of those parts is another question altogether.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 7:18:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

This.

Both/either are miles above a Sig 320. Or a Glock, or a Smith, or just about anything else out there.
View Quote

Believe me, there are many people in the Czech Republic who say that "CZ is not what it used to be anymore" and praise SIG instead - as ridiculous as this can sound to the American customer. HK's are great, but their overall portfolio is more suited for duty use in my opinion (with few exceptions of course). Thought about picking up the USP compact, or P30sk before the Xcompact, but the small magazine size and overall bulkiness dissuaded me. If they'd update the USP compact to fit more in 2023, then I would say that its almost worth a double of a double in terms of pricing.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 7:21:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 7:22:38 AM EDT
[#29]
If you dont have a 1911. Get a Colt 1911 with the upgraded beavertail and undercut. I really love my Combat Commander, but a series 70 has a nicer trigger.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 7:23:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Not 2X the MSRP.  But nothing competes with it in terms of build quality and machining for less than 2K.

https://i.imgur.com/47hA5GO.jpg
View Quote

Q4 is actually quite popular here since it costs around $2000. Bear in mind that that's the average wage per month here.
But it's a good tip! I'll look more into Walthers...
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 9:42:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd just buy CZ and HK

Link Posted: 4/23/2023 12:11:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Personally, I am currently looking for a range toy/home defense combo. I am accustomed to DA/SA action or Striker, but I do not mind any firing setup. In terms of P320s - the grip frame is not regulated, the slide and barrel are. But that involves only making a stop at the police department beforehand and asking for a $10 stamp. However, the regular availability of those parts is another question altogether.
View Quote

You mentioned you liked the AXG frame Sig and was going to say you can get that frame.  We really do not know your entire circumstance in Czechland.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 12:56:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

You mentioned you liked the AXG frame Sig and was going to say you can get that frame.  We really do not know your entire circumstance in Czechland.
View Quote

Yes, as I mentioned - grips in Sig Sauer p320 are not serialized. The FCU is, as in the US.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 2:25:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'd just buy CZ and HK
View Quote
This.

Covers the bases.

Does Colt fall under CZ for you?
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 3:26:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

This.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd just buy CZ and HK

This.

This.

I’d pay 2X for a VP9..
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 4:06:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

This.

I’d pay 2X for a VP9..
View Quote

I am kind of partial to the P30 over the VP9 but a regular VP9 I am not sure I would double but a long slide OR ready is another story.  I am also cheap and try to find the guns I want used rather than new.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 4:37:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Just stopping by to greet fellow Czech.

For range toy - since you pay arm and leg any way, what would you say to Arma Zeka AZ-P1?
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 4:49:16 PM EDT
[#38]
I'd say a high quality 1911 is tough to beat. Love my Dan Wesson Valor 1911. It's half the price of a Wilson Combat or Ed Brown, and just as nice.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 4:56:47 PM EDT
[#39]
smith 500 x frame in 4"
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 5:40:01 PM EDT
[#40]
I think you're looking a gift horse in the mouth. If I only had access to two brands of handguns, CZ and HK would be the two that topped the list... for the money.

The Shadow II would be a great range gun.

The P30 or VP guns would be good for range or carry.

There ain't many guns on the market I would pay twice what they are worth.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 8:21:57 PM EDT
[#41]
If you can get HK and CZ that would be fine for me. I carry a p30sk. I have a vp9 that gathers dust. For me vp9 is a fancy Glock with a better grip. I hope you own a shadow.
  Not related to the post but CZ women are some of the most beautiful women in my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 3:26:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Just stopping by to greet fellow Czech.

For range toy - since you pay arm and leg any way, what would you say to Arma Zeka AZ-P1?
View Quote

Zdravim! (Greetings!)

And thanks for showing me a new Czech gun company, I had no knowledge about!
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 3:30:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
If you can get HK and CZ that would be fine for me. I carry a p30sk. I have a vp9 that gathers dust. For me vp9 is a fancy Glock with a better grip. I hope you own a shadow.
  Not related to the post but CZ women are some of the most beautiful women in my opinion.
View Quote

Love the answer
P30sk is rather a bit thick for CCW for my taste, but surely I don't mind that quality in some of our girls in this regard. Cheers!
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 3:41:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Greetings and Welcome!  I was in the CZ outlet store in Prague a few months ago, and found their prices indeed to be 2-3X(+) US prices.  Even on the CZ products, IMHO; compared to US.  

If I were in Czech, I'd be running a CZ family handgun.  I still quite like the CZ-75.   They also have more modernized plastic framed models, that I haven't run, but never heard a bad thing about.   As to HK, I personally consider their pistols oversized for the purpose, and aside fom the P7, am not really all that enamored with HK guns. I'd take a more svelt CZ over such, any day.  Also, your next door neighbors Stribog, and AUG, are excellent firearms; as is the CZ Bren 5.56.  Though that's not really your handgun question.  As to the CZ-75, the Czech lady I was hosting last week went to the range with me for the first time in her life, and loved her name-sake CZ-75 very much; so there's that!

What other guns would I pay 2X for?  Not many - the American Ruger .22 pistol I quite like, so maybe.  The Walther P99 is probaby the best modern general purpose 9mm out there, IMHO; though doesn't support a Red Dot, if that's your interest.  

I'd also keep an open eye for used P7's.

Also, last night enjoyed some Becherovka I brought back, mixed with US rye whisky - which is a combination I highly recommend!
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 3:43:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

I came to post this.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 9:21:37 PM EDT
[#46]
A 10mm DA/SA CZ pistol would rule over there. You’d be the only Cool Kid on your block.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 10:20:07 PM EDT
[#47]
HK P2000
So much so that I kept it & sold my USP Compact
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 10:21:39 PM EDT
[#48]
I'll toss in a likely underrated option with the Taurus TX22. Excellent 22 pistol. I love it & my wife loves it. Sold my P17 because of it. I imagine it will be even more fun once my can gets out of jail.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 6:30:34 AM EDT
[#49]
What do you have now?

Personally I think you already have some fantastic guns. The CZ striker guns get good marks but me personally a striker fired gun is another striker fired gun. The difference is how the fit you more than anything.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 7:05:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
What do you have now?

Personally, I think you already have some fantastic guns. The CZ striker guns get good marks but me personally a striker fired gun is another striker fired gun. The difference is how the fit you more than anything.
View Quote

I currently own a P320 X-compact, and I am looking for another one - so far I really like the P320 platform, but I am open-minded. I primarily want to know which guns people in the US would be willing to pay double for. That would say a lot. So far Colts 1911, Glock 19 and some HKs came into discussion... PSA Dagger is rarely available here.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top