Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2018 3:51:49 PM EDT
I am looking for a kydex IWB holster for my M&P 2.0 Compact.

I wear at 3-5 O'Clock. Not interested in AIWB.

Don't want a hybrid (Leather/Kydex).

What do you recommend?
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 4:01:40 PM EDT
[#1]
ANR Design, SBF Custom Kydex, or Blackpoint Tactical. Which is a hybrid, but not like you're thinking.

SBF is a member here, and a supporter of Cola Warrior.

ANR Design makes quality products (love their J-frame holster I have)

But Blackpoint Tactical's customer service has blown me away. I'm still awaiting my 3 holsters from them (IWB, OWB, AIWB), but they're building a custom setup for me since I have an HK45C, which required a custom key to fit a TLR7 on it. I have a rather lengthy email chain with them, because honestly I'm not the easiest customer to deal with, and throughout their customer service has been nothing but exceptional.

Even though I haven't received the product yet, I've seen nothing but good reviews, and their customer service is more than enough for me to heartily recommend them.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 4:19:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Vedder LightTuck
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 4:29:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Vedder LightTuck
View Quote
A friend recommended this one as well.
I kinda wondered how the metal clip would work. Is it super secure?
I wouldn't need the claw for 4:00 carry would I?
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 4:32:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'd still recommend the claw. I had a Vedder, great holster, but they don't make anything light compatible. My J-Frame is my only exception to carrying without a light, because it's carried as either a backup or on days when I'm not out past dark. If you don't carry with a light, I'd have a few questions, but aside from that the Vedder is a great holster that disappears very well.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 4:33:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Or the one the has worked for decades: Blade-Tech.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 4:34:06 PM EDT
[#6]
JM Custom Kydex.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 5:01:22 PM EDT
[#7]
CompTac Infidel
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 7:34:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'd still recommend the claw. I had a Vedder, great holster, but they don't make anything light compatible. My J-Frame is my only exception to carrying without a light, because it's carried as either a backup or on days when I'm not out past dark. If you don't carry with a light, I'd have a few questions, but aside from that the Vedder is a great holster that disappears very well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't carry with a light today mainly because I don't spend much time out at night in dark places. Going to and from restaurants, movies, kids sports, etc. and mostly well lit areas. I have an EDC light but not on my pistol. I am sure at some point I will make the transition as it does makes sense. Just like I will eventually transition to an RMR.
If I am out at the ranch I carry a pistol with a light in an OWB holster.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 7:37:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I don't carry with a light today mainly because I don't spend much time out at night in dark places. Going to and from restaurants, movies, kids sports, etc. and mostly well lit areas. I have an EDC light but not on my pistol. I am sure at some point I will make the transition as it does makes sense. Just like I will eventually transition to an RMR.
If I am out at the ranch I carry a pistol with a light in an OWB holster.
View Quote
In that case, for price, comfort, and shipping speed I'd say Vedder is an exceptional option.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 9:07:58 PM EDT
[#10]
I ONLY like to conceal a pistol at 3 oclock, IWB. I just ordered an IWB 3 from JM Custom Kydex just 5 minutes ago. I chose one from the "Quick Ship" selection. Below are the "Quick Ship" IWB selections for your gun. Ships in 5 to 10 days. I called them because they didn't have the "add RDS" selection active and they accommodated me. Awesome service. Fantastic prices. I have never tried their holsters, yet.
M&P 9 Compact 2.0 IWB JM Custom Kydex

Their custom selections are 4 to 6 weeks, still good turn around time.

I almost ordered one from these guys below. I never tried them either but they seem alright. These are for your gun.
M&P TR Holsters

It appears that appendix carry is very much in fashion right now. It feels strange carrying there to me, for several reasons physical and mental. If you tilt forward(cant) an IWB holster at least 15 degrees or a little more, you can make the grip disappear at the 3 o'clock  position on your waste(right hand). It draws quick and reholsters very easy for me there. It also hides well under any untucked shirt.

Edit from the Department of Redundancy Department
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 9:45:01 PM EDT
[#11]
For longer periods, In leather, I use TT Gunleather Slim XC or Milt Sparks Nexus,
In Kydex, I use Stealth Gear Ventcore mini.
For easy on off, short term Vedder Light tuc, all @ 3:30-4:30
In the last couple of days, I'd received emails from both TT and Stealth Gear
Listing pretty good sale pricing.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 10:29:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I ONLY like to conceal a pistol at 3 oclock, IWB. I just ordered an IWB 3 from JM Custom Kydex just 5 minutes ago. I chose one from the "Quick Ship" selection. Below are the "Quick Ship" IWB selections for your gun. Ships in 5 to 10 days. I called them because they didn't have the "add RDS" selection active and they accommodated me. Awesome service. Fantastic prices. I have never tried their holsters, yet.
M&P 9 Compact 2.0 IWB JM Custom Kydex

Their custom selections are 4 to 6 weeks, still good turn around time.

I almost ordered one from these guys below. I never tried them either but they seem alright. These are for your gun.
M&P TR Holsters

It appears that appendix carry is very much in fashion right now. It feels strange carrying there to me, for several reasons physical and mental. If you tilt forward(cant) an IWB holster at least 15 degrees or a little more, you can make the grip disappear at the 3 o'clock  position on your waste(right hand). It draws quick and reholsters very easy for me there. It also hides well under any untucked shirt.

Edit from the Department of Redundancy Department
View Quote
I have a TR Holsters OWB Duty rig, it's a well made piece of kit.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 10:31:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Well, based on feedback and looking at all of them, I've narrowed it down to :

Vedder Light Tuck
JM IWB #3

What about the Bravo Concealment torsion? Has a great sale price right now, but doesn't look like in can cant which is key to me for 4:00? https://www.bravoconcealment.com/products/iwb-torsion-holsters
Any others?
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 12:16:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Well, based on feedback and looking at all of them, I've narrowed it down to :

Vedder Light Tuck
JM IWB #3

What about the Bravo Concealment torsion? Has a great sale price right now, but doesn't look like in can cant which is key to me for 4:00? https://www.bravoconcealment.com/products/iwb-torsion-holsters
Any others?
View Quote
Out of those two, Vedder. The adjustability on it is simply amazing.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 1:37:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Vedder LightTuck
View Quote
This is the holster you seek
I like the claw....I am sure it helps keep the holster stable and in place.  I have Vedder LT for my Shield and Glock and have ordered one for my Sig P365.   Very happy with Vedder
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 3:26:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks Guys. I pulled the trigger on the Vedder (with claw). Now I wait. :-)
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 12:14:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Vedder LightTuck
View Quote
Can't go wrong with this. While I have others I like more, Vedder makes a consistently decent holster.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 5:44:28 PM EDT
[#18]
I thought I would share pics of how the Vedder LightTuck with claw fits.
It hugs nice and tight to the body and is very comfortable to wear. No printing with a shirt over it.
I am happy with my purchase. Thanks Guys.

First image is reversed due to mirror. I am right handed.

Link Posted: 11/21/2018 2:51:58 PM EDT
[#19]
At the 3 o'clock position, I have better concealment without the claw and more forward cant. The grip naturally pulls in when it's tilted up. Claw type attachments are most effective in appendix carry when the gun is vertical. When you move the holster around your side to 3-5 o'clock, and have at least 15 degrees of forward cant, the grip conceals naturally. The claw is not as effective for this position.

JMCK IWB3 with RMR cut. For a gun without an RMR, I would have spec'd a little more forward cant.

JMCK IWB3 Clip

JMCK IWB3 Back
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 11:55:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
At the 3 o'clock position, I have better concealment without the claw and more forward cant. The grip naturally pulls in when it's tilted up. Claw type attachments are most effective in appendix carry when the gun is vertical. When you move the holster around your side to 3-5 o'clock, and have at least 15 degrees of forward cant, the grip conceals naturally. The claw is not as effective for this position.

JMCK IWB3 with RMR cut. For a gun without an RMR, I would have spec'd a little more forward cant.
https://i.imgur.com/rne9Z1a.jpg

JMCK IWB3 Clip
https://i.imgur.com/5AA4XaI.jpg

JMCK IWB3 Back
https://i.imgur.com/4oXv2w7.jpg
View Quote
This is my experience as well. MILD cant (like 6* or so) and NO claw works best for 3-3:30 IWB.  The claw feels weird in that position, it makes your belt line look "odd", leaves a gap where the claw is (pants don't hug the holster), and I find it does nothing to help conceal (in THAT location).
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 12:25:41 AM EDT
[#21]
I've been carrying a Bladetech since 1999.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 12:34:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Comptac C-Tac for what feels like forever. Anything other than a tiny gun will get one probably till I die. Wish they had it in a light bearing.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 1:05:17 AM EDT
[#23]
I am going to try removing the claw and running a little more cant to see how it works. Although running it with the claw seems to push the grip closer to my body and there is not even a hint of printing. I wont consider wearing AWIB do to my personal safety concerns, but that is just me.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 1:40:47 AM EDT
[#24]
I do the iwb3 from jm custom kydex. I ask them to place the forward soft belt loop on the front sight channel to get more space between the loops. It allows extra adjustment around my belt loop. I do mostly straight drop for a glock 19 and just a tiny bit of cant for 17 or 34.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top