Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2021 1:31:15 PM EDT
Sold my Combat Commander months ago. On the lookout for another one. I’ve been to several shops the last week and almost all the shops I’ve been to have been sold out of any sort of 1911.

Found a TRP in 10MM yesterday but they wanted $1600 for it. I’d prefer a Commander size, non lightweight model.

I’m surprised that out of all the handguns that are low in inventory, it would be the 1911s.

Any leads on a Colt Combat Commander?
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 1:43:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Has PSA introduced their 1911 yet?
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 3:30:12 PM EDT
[#2]
All guns have been a hot thing for awhile now. The demand has just now gotten to the less wanted pistols, IMO.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 3:35:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 3:52:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Please help me, Obi-one fxntime. You're my only hope. I cannot find what I'm looking for anywhere. I have a feeling i'll be waiting awhile for a Colt Combat Commander. I would settle for a quality Springfield as long as it has a steel frame.

I did find a Springfield RO Elite I believe in 9mm. But it had an aluminum alloy frame. I prefer steel frames. Just not sure I want fill size.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 4:15:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Don’t sell gun
Buy gun
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 4:51:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Please help me, Obi-one fxntime. You're my only hope. I cannot find what I'm looking for anywhere. I have a feeling i'll be waiting awhile for a Colt Combat Commander. I would settle for a quality Springfield as long as it has a steel frame.

I did find a Springfield RO Elite I believe in 9mm. But it had an aluminum alloy frame. I prefer steel frames. Just not sure I want fill size.
View Quote

Well, I have a ''few'' 1911's hence the CC's tend to be hit and miss and the best way for a new one is on line right now at one of the bigger distributors. Colt is really goofy and has been a long time because of how they push models out the door.

I like the CC models but if they are slower sellers then the Commander model then Colt will probably run a whole lot more of those first. Of course Colt is in the same situation as so many other makes right now as they are selling pretty much everything they can push out the door.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 5:11:23 PM EDT
[#7]
That's weird. In my AO 1911s are the one thing that seems to not be selling. There are a few guns nobody wants. 1911s (no 45 ammo) springfield XDs and a few other odd ball things. No Glocks, no sigs, all mainstream guns are gone! Plenty of revolvers and hi-points also.

I asked a guy at the gun counter and they said the 1911s aren't selling because there's no 45 ammo. Also I noticed that most of them were kimber and taurus, so maybe that's why they weren't selling.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 5:16:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I've been hunting for a commander 1911 and the only thing I  can find is kimbers full size guns. Guy at LGS said springfield has been the best at keeping up with orders. There bigger shop with 4 locations
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 5:16:58 PM EDT
[#9]
When 45 is the same price (or less!!!) to shoot the 1911 looks even better. By me ACP is 45 cents a round and 9mm is 65+ cents. I take my 1911s to the range every trip.

I was gonna do that anyway, but still
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 9:19:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Virtually everything firearm related is hard to get right now, save magazines for some reason. I expect that won't be the case for much longer. If you really want one bad, you'll probably be stuck with auction sites like Gunbroker, unless you're lucky enough to find one locally.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 9:34:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Has PSA introduced their 1911 yet?
View Quote

They released it years ago, but haven't made any in a couple years. My dad bought a two-tone but we haven't shot it yet.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 8:34:36 PM EDT
[#12]
I was saving up to buy my grandnephew a Springfield TRP for a graduation present.  Now that I have the money I can’t find one.  Still have a few months but don’t like cutting it so close.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top