Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2024 11:34:08 AM EDT
I’ve had a gen 3 19 for a little while and it’s well just so so. Bought it to have as a reliable gun to have on hand. Recently bought an orange label 45. It has me wanting another one or two or three. Sooo do I just upgrade the 19 to make it as good as 45 or get rid of it and start the 45 collection. How close can I get the 19 to how this 45 is. The trigger is obviously the best part of the 45. Mag release is a pain on the 19.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:47:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:08:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Love me some mullet guns. 43x and 45 are jam.

I'd sell that 19 to get what you really want.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:36:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:18:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Gen 5 is probably why you prefer it.  The 19 gen 5 is arguably the best do all Glock. Lots of folks like the 45.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:33:32 PM EDT
[#5]
My course of action would be determined by what I like better about the G45 and the intended purpose of these guns.

Sounds like you like the larger mag release and the better trigger.  

Those can be remedied by installing a dot connector and extended mag release on the gen 3.  

I also like the idea of having a beater G19 around for a rainy day.  The kind that gets stored in the rafters of the garage or inside a wall under the stairwell.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:45:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Will say an overwatch precision trigger get the 19 close to the 45? My daughter is going to try everything we have to see what she wants to take her LTC class with. So I’m keeping it for now to have options. Her choices are going to be 43x, 45, 19, CZ P01, and 75 compact.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:08:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Just got done with her trying them all. She did not like the 43X. Likes how the CZs shoot but she cannot work the slides. 19 was okay but she likes the 45.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:28:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By txstinkbug:
Just got done with her trying them all. She did not like the 43X. Likes how the CZs shoot but she cannot work the slides. 19 was okay but she likes the 45.
View Quote

Does she like the size of the G19?  Or did she prefer the G45 size grip?  

Either way, I see a Gen5 in your future .  The magazine release is way ahead of the Gen3 (stock vs stock).
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:09:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DavidY:

Does she like the size of the G19?  Or did she prefer the G45 size grip?  

Either way, I see a Gen5 in your future .  The magazine release is way ahead of the Gen3 (stock vs stock).
View Quote

Grip size did give her more control and mag release was another plus. 1 mag in each and added some more to the 45 for her to try again. She can shoot really really well. When she was either middle school or early high school she could shoot the Ruger SR40C I had and not blink an eye. Put my can on the 19 for her first suppressed experience. The look in her eyes was hilarious.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top