Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2020 2:02:13 PM EDT
I drove down to Green Valley, AZ to pick up a LNIB Glock 20 Gen 4 with three mags for $474. Dealer said the previous owner bought it and a Rock Island 10mm at the same time, shot then both once and decided to sell the G20 back. Sweet! But it came with the factory installed plastic dovetail protector so I need to buy a set of sights. I was leaning toward Trijicon HD, but also thinking TFO. This gun is mostly for hiking and camping. Definitely want tritium. What is the new hotness in handgun irons? Or maybe just the cheapest?

The rules demand a pic.

Link Posted: 1/13/2020 2:21:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd go with an Ameriglo Operator set.

Rears that extend to the back of the slide tear up shirts and your hand if you need to bump the slide into battery.
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 2:48:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I prefer but don't always get them, as sights get pricey for multiple guns, contrasting color sights or fiber optic front and black rear. There are many good brands out there, you just have to figure what you like best and how much you want to spend.
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 11:19:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I prefer but don't always get them, as sights get pricey for multiple guns, contrasting color sights or fiber optic front and black rear. There are many good brands out there, you just have to figure what you like best and how much you want to spend.
View Quote
I put Dawson red FO front and black rear on my G20. It's my "woods gun". Thinking of throwing an RMR on it though...
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 9:48:13 AM EDT
[#4]
My favorite are definitely the Trijicon HDs.

Ameriglo I-Dots are similar for less money, but the front sight dot on the HDs is larger than it is on the I-Dots.
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 10:30:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I primarily use a Wilson Vickers rear with a Warren white dot tritium front. I have a Dawson adjustable rear and fiber optic front on my 41 and I just purchased Ameriglo UC's for my 43X.
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 1:06:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got Truglo sights on my G19.  I can't recall which model they are but they have the tritium and fiber optic in them (Pros or something like that?); they show up well in the daylight and glow well in the dark so it's not only easy to see them, I can find the gun without cutting on a light.  They've got to be going on five years now and they're still bright and have held up well.
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 1:13:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I like trijicon HDs.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 5:33:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Trijicon HDs with the red front sight are what ride on my Glock 20.

It’s comforting to wake up at night in the tent and see those sights glowing in the dark.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 8:13:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I just put a set of the Trijicon HD XR sights with the orange front sight on my new G20. I like them but wish they had white around the rear tritium dots for daytime.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 8:21:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Truglo Tritium Pro

$72 Shipped on Ebay

They cost less than Trijicon/Ameriglo, are nitrided, highly visible, and glow plenty bright in the dark. The rear sight can be used as a ledge for emergencies/using the slide one handed.

Pics for comparison:
Ameriglo

Trijicon

For the value/features these cost I can't buy anything else.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 2:07:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Truglo Tritium Pro

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/prodimages/66829-DEFAULT-l.jpg

$72 Shipped on Ebay

They cost less than Trijicon/Ameriglo, are nitrided, highly visible, and glow plenty bright in the dark. The rear sight can be used as a ledge for emergencies/using the slide one handed.

Pics for comparison:
Ameriglo
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51QHjb49TYL._SX425_.jpg

Trijicon
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/S/aplus-media/vc/26b7c487-1c23-4388-804d-f1feca8f142c._SL300__.jpg

For the value/features these cost I can't buy anything else.
View Quote
I'm not sure how well this picture I took illustrates it, but the Trijican HDs have a larger front dot.

Ameriglo on the left, Trijicon on the right.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 1:02:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Dawson FO front and blacked out rears are the right answer for all pistols except MRDS equipped pistols, in the which case Dawson black front and rear is ideal.

Can't believe people still buy tritium.  Dinosaurs lol
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 1:09:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Dawson FO front and blacked out rears are the right answer for all pistols except MRDS equipped pistols, in the which case Dawson black front and rear is ideal.

View Quote
For my needs, white dot tritium is superior to FO.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 3:09:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a competition pistol with Dawson sights, but I actually like the Trijicon HDs better.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 11:12:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My favorite are definitely the Trijicon HDs.

Ameriglo I-Dots are similar for less money, but the front sight dot on the HDs is larger than it is on the I-Dots.
View Quote
The HD’s are on all my pistols.  Partial to the Yellow front sight.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 11:31:57 PM EDT
[#16]
I-Dot Pro green, I put them on all my pistols.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 10:50:13 PM EDT
[#17]
For tritium I like Ameriglo with a plain black rear and lime green ring around the capsule.

For fiber optic sights I like Dawson Precision
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 12:58:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I've got Truglo sights on my G19.  I can't recall which model they are but they have the tritium and fiber optic in them (Pros or something like that?); they show up well in the daylight and glow well in the dark so it's not only easy to see them, I can find the gun without cutting on a light.  They've got to be going on five years now and they're still bright and have held up well.
View Quote
Came to post this. I LOVE these sights!
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 4:01:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 4:45:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top