Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/8/2024 5:39:12 PM EDT
I'm a sucker for Turkish clones and quality low cost pistols.
Some of my favorites:
BRG9 Elite
BUL Cherokee Compact
IWI Masada Slim
Stoeger STR 9C
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 5:50:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Taurus G2/G2C/G3/G3C.

Simply fantastic pistols at their price.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 5:59:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Many of the Glock Gen3 clone pistols and even pistols like the Ruger SR9, Security 9 or other Ruger options.  The Ruger pistols may not have the fancy finishes and all the aftermarket parts but they do work plus Ruger in my experience stands behind their product.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 6:56:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Sar has some nice CZ clones.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 7:15:10 PM EDT
[#4]
ATI FXS-9 is great

Taurus GX4 is better than a standard P365
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 7:26:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By EdgecrusherXES:
Many of the Glock Gen3 clone pistols and even pistols like the Ruger SR9, Security 9 or other Ruger options.  The Ruger pistols may not have the fancy finishes and all the aftermarket parts but they do work plus Ruger in my experience stands behind their product.
View Quote
Oh yeah, the SR9, particularly the C model. All I could think of was the gun with the shark fin round indicator.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 7:36:01 PM EDT
[#6]
IWI Masada full-size / compact and Masada Slim. Beretta APX A1 full-size and compact.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 7:59:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Stoeger Cougar
Bersa Thunder 9/40/45 and their weird single stack which is actually pretty good
Kahr
Ruger American
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 8:03:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Tisas 1911's.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 8:04:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MallNinja531] [#9]
Not sure it counts as overlooked these days, but myself and a handful of friends have had very good experiences with PSA Daggers.

I also know a few guys with Ruger LC9's and while the triggers absolutely suck (even the LC9S that claims to have a striker fire trigger but has the break of a pile of mashed potatoes) they have proven very reliable. I had one with they first came out and it ran flawlessly but I couldn't get comfortable with the heavy mile long DA trigger pull.

Originally Posted By DuneShoot:
Tisas 1911's.
View Quote

That's a good one as well. Punch way above their price point.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 10:16:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm liking the Arex Delta.  Glock 19 size but just a bit thinner like the Glock 48.  David
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 10:24:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Marksman14] [#11]
Tisas 1911's.
View Quote

Yup. The JSOC I just got for 625 delivered is absurd.

Link Posted: 1/8/2024 10:40:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 11:04:49 PM EDT
[#13]
I don’t know how “overlooked” they are, but I shot a cz p-10c a few weeks ago and was thoroughly impressed. Best pistol for the money IMHO.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 11:06:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By dwhitehorne:
I'm liking the Arex Delta.  Glock 19 size but just a bit thinner like the Glock 48.  David
View Quote
@dwhitehorne

My Delta M Gen 2 is one of my favorites. Took 500 rounds to get it fully broken in and smoothed out though.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 11:08:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SquatchAv8] [#15]
Originally Posted By tawaggs:
I don't know how "overlooked" they are, but I shot a cz p-10c a few weeks ago and was thoroughly impressed. Best pistol for the money IMHO.
View Quote
I really wanted to like the P-10C but it's the only pistol I've bought that I couldn't "sync" with. As a lefty, it tore up my thumbs and I didnt shoot it accurately at all. Sold it a week after I bought it.
I know folks love them.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 2:15:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Taurus 856, 605, 66 are a few that I've had great luck with.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 2:46:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Meh, I got tired of the trigger on my old SR9c jamming up every 300 rounds or so.   Trigger bar rubbed the frame, so 300 or so rounds, there was enough powder residue in the action to lock the trigger up.     And I don't mean if I didn't clean it and let it sit, I mean it would lock up mid range session.   To be fair, I was burning a lot of.powwr pistol back then, but my Glocks will run many thousands of rounds with the same ammo.

PSA Dagger I guess isn't overlooked, but damn, my favorite less than $300 pistols, by a fair margin.

I played with a Combat Armory Glock lower with a Dagger upper for a while, and it ran like a champ (was around $225 into the gun).   I liked the grip on the Daggers better, so I sold the CA, but that was the only reason.

I like LCPs (Max preferably), but not as high volume guns, just enough volume to stay proficient with them.

Browning Buck Mark, head and shoulders better pistol than a factory stock Ruger MK whatever (yes, I know you can spend a few hundred more on upgrades to make the Ruger nicer than a Buckmark - but by then you are no longer in 'budget' territory).  

About all I can think of that I have personal experience with.

Link Posted: 1/9/2024 3:52:50 AM EDT
[#18]
SW40E

There, I said it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 7:48:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Cooper1:
SW40E

There, I said it.
View Quote
Reliable pistol with a terrible OEM trigger. If it took M&P mags, it would be the perfect sleeper.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 10:00:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Canik TP9, PPQ clone, seem to do well. As a Walther owner, it drives me nuts when someone with a TP9 outshoots me at a match.

The Masada Slim has been mentioned. I probably would have bought one if it had better holster & magazine support. It's only about $30 less than a G43. I am not sure I would call it a budget pistol in comparison.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 10:19:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Millennial:
Taurus G2/G2C/G3/G3C.

View Quote

This ^
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 10:27:17 AM EDT
[#22]
The Sig SP2022 is one that is very overlooked.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 10:28:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MemeWarfare] [#23]
Arex Delta 2. (ETA: looks like I’m the 3rd to mention it)

During the great famine when there wasn’t a single Glock, S&P, or other big-name pistol anywhere to be found, I did some research and pointed these out to a friend looking for his first carry pistol.

I was very impressed with it. It’s like a Gen5 Glock that’s been to a custom shop. It has all the features we typically *add* to other pistols, and has fantastic ergonomics.

Info: https://arex.us/arex-delta-gen-2/

ETA2:  PSA Dagger and Polymer80. Both are fantastic, especially with quality internals.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 12:26:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Arex delta M gen 2.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 1:08:51 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

Once Ruger drops a model from their current line they tend to stop supplying parts and will no longer support repairs . I guess I sort of see that from a business standpoint but it sure sucks for us firearm owners.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 1:20:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Jericho 941 Trade Ins when they were $350 were fantastic. Internals are broken in/smooth and they have a great trigger pull.

Yeah they need a detail strip/cleaning+New Springs. But they are solid as hell and are great shooters. Also uses CZ75 mags.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 1:21:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By nhsport:

Once Ruger drops a model from their current line they tend to stop supplying parts and will no longer support repairs . I guess I sort of see that from a business standpoint but it sure sucks for us firearm owners.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Usually if it's discontinued they will offer a newer model. However that really sucks if you are attached to say a P95 or SR9
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 1:24:11 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

I get that kind of like FN ... I am wondering how much longer they will make the 509 before they drop it and replace it something different.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 3:12:11 PM EDT
[#29]
The Citadel commander sized 1911 (top) clone is very reliable and and while not fancy in terms of finish is very well suited to concealed carry, for budget money.

The Star BM (bottom) was available several years ago for around $200-$250 and is another best bang for the buck 9mm sort of 1911.  In this case the bobbed heel and slightly slimmer over all profile makes it ideal for concealed carry.

The lack of spare parts is often out forward as a downside but they were cheap enough you could buy spare pistols, not spare parts, and quite frankly in 38 years of handgun shooting including a decade or so of competitive practical pistol competition, I am still waiting to break a hand gun.

Link Posted: 1/9/2024 5:06:16 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm sort of wanting a Masada of some sort.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 5:29:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AFSOC_COP] [#31]
Well, Tisas 1911s (I got 3 of them and they’re excellent)  have already been mentioned so I’m going to mention another great Turkish import and that’s the Girsan MC P35 Hi-Power clones.  I missed out on a black model when CDNN was selling them for $398 but I did get a 2-tone and one of their PI models. Great deals on these pistols.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 6:37:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Tisas 1911's.
View Quote

The Tisas is far from overlooked.

Tony
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 6:45:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Despite @Aimless ' experience from a decade ago, I sell the hell out of the little 2" snub .38 Rock Islands.  Smooth double action, crisp single action, Filipino child labor working for you.

Bersa .380 sells pretty well.

I'm still looking for a budget .22 LR pistol to hawk.  The short bull barrel Browning Buckmark sells pretty well, but hardly budget, nor the mags.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 7:29:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jodan1776] [#34]
SCCY
US-made, quite inexpensive, never had a single issue with mine.

Taylor 1911

and not so overlooked, but you can't talk budget great pistols without mentioning Tisas 45 and Daggers
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 7:30:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Seven-Shooter:

Bersa Thunder 9/40/45 and their weird single stack which is actually pretty good
View Quote

This. Wife's first pistol was a Bersa .380, she still has it 16 years later, dang thing is smooth as silk now and feeds even hollowpoints perfectly.

Mine is my vintage Tanfoglio TA-90, love that pistol.

I also have a little .380, a Diamondback, choked a little on some types of HP's when I first got it, a little polishing of the feedramp and throat plus a few boxes of ammo downrange and it works perfectly now. Super thin and small, easy to conceal even under a t-shirt. Found a guy on fleabay that makes replacement magazine base that extends the grip and has a nice curved hook at the bottom so it works a ton better with my XL hands.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 7:31:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By backbencher:

I'm still looking for a budget .22 LR pistol to hawk.  The short bull barrel Browning Buckmark sells pretty well, but hardly budget, nor the mags.
View Quote

Keltec P17 or the Walther PPQ22 NOT the P22
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 8:13:26 PM EDT
[#37]
I'll second a few already mentioned.
Sig 2022.
S&W SD9VE. Gen 2 is out now with improved trigger.
Bersa Thunder.
Star BM9.
Taurus G series.

And add.

Tanfoglio Poly witness.
Ruger P85-9*.

Link Posted: 1/9/2024 8:52:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Jodan1776:
SCCY

Taylor 1911

and not so overlooked, but you can't talk budget great pistols without mentioning Tisas 45 and Daggers
View Quote
SCCY makes some nice looking pistols but I have to admit, I've not heard good things about them. I don't have any experience with them myself.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 9:01:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By TheLASwamp:
SCCY makes some nice looking pistols but I have to admit, I've not heard good things about them. I don't have any experience with them myself.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jodan1776:
SCCY

Taylor 1911

My sister bought one because it was cheap and purple. Came with a cheap red dot as well, can't remember which.
I shot that thing twice and it was thoroughly unpleasant. Extremely long and heavy trigger pull and very snappy.
I guess they are reliable at least.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 9:10:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By SquatchAv8:

My sister bought one because it was cheap and purple. Came with a cheap red dot as well, can't remember which.
I shot that thing twice and it was thoroughly unpleasant. Extremely long and heavy trigger pull and very snappy.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SquatchAv8:
Originally Posted By Jodan1776:  SCCY

Taylor 1911

IIRC, SCCY was started by former Kel-Tec employees who cloned the P11, albeit w/ a proprietary magazine, but preserving the worst of the KelTec trigger pull.  For a few dollars more, you can get a Taurus G2C or G3C that uses SIG P226 magazines.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 9:30:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Kel-tec PF9.

It’s been a solid backup gun for years.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 9:38:01 PM EDT
[#42]
The sd9 my cousin had wasn't that bad. The only thing it really needed was a trigger upgrade. Shot pretty well.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 9:48:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Stoeger SRT-9
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 1:22:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Millennial:
Taurus G2/G2C/G3/G3C.

View Quote

This Gen 3 Glock Clones.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 1:34:20 AM EDT
[#45]
We are living in the golden age of firearms. Even the lower tier guns aren't truly terrible. We've just gotten so used to high tech design and high quality production.

What a time to be a firearms enthusiast.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 9:20:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Smith and Wesson m10s

They can still be found under $400
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 9:26:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Rock Island Armory
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:07:01 AM EDT
[#48]
PSA Dagger (Glock gen3 clone) Surprisingly good for the money
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:12:50 AM EDT
[#49]
any of the cz p10 series have been going for $300 ish. They're a steal at that price. My Tisas 1911a1 was $299. That was also a steal.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:16:32 AM EDT
[#50]
CZP10 series is an absolute steal right now.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top