Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2021 5:16:25 AM EDT
Like the title says, saw one going for $750.
I’m guessing no or few extra mags, and I’m unsure of round count or condition...
I wasn’t really interested in adding .45 to my ammo needs, but this seemed like a good deal, and it hasn’t left the back of my mind.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 6:37:53 AM EDT
[#1]
You better f.o really quick.  Sounds too good to be true
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 2:36:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats a good price pre-panic.  Now it's a buy it yesterday price.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 2:51:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been needing one of those for a few years.  Normally in the $1k range.  If not torn up, I'd fo.  

Hell, I have a cop return USP 45 with a lot of holster wear.  I could handle a USP-T with a bit of wear for that price.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 3:58:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I agree with the others. You see a deal like that, buy it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 9:22:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Is it the threaded bbl model? If not, it's not a terribly good price, IMO.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 11:11:52 AM EDT
[#6]
WHERE???

Link Posted: 2/14/2021 1:40:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is it the threaded bbl model? If not, it's not a terribly good price, IMO.
View Quote

Have you priced firearms recently?

To the OP, can you actually get any .45 ammo right now? I bought a .380 last spring and it took me months to find any .380 ammo...

AJ
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 8:37:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Just picked one up today for $1100. Needs to be cleaned up, and I think the price was sort of in-line, but it’s a handgun that I shoot extremely well, and wanted to get one ever since selling my previous one to a close friend.

$750 is an outstanding price for a USP Tactical. I’d say a little higher than normal if it was a regular FS, but gun prices are whack right now. I really miss seeing tons of used USPs going for $4-500 on GB. It’s really an outstanding handgun.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 8:49:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Like the title says, saw one going for $750.
I'm guessing no or few extra mags, and I'm unsure of round count or condition...
I wasn't really interested in adding .45 to my ammo needs, but this seemed like a good deal, and it hasn't left the back of my mind.
View Quote
Careful. I've noticed at least two other "too good to be true" deals on HKs recently that turned out to be scams.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 12:24:41 PM EDT
[#10]
i saw a similar HK, the 45c tactical that was like new for $750ish at a pawn shop last month. it didnt last long.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 1:43:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Careful. I've noticed at least two other "too good to be true" deals on HKs recently that turned out to be scams.
View Quote

Pre-plague I scored a used police USP in .40 for $400 shipped w/2 mags and dim night sights. It must have been carried by a dispatcher because the exterior wear was really light. Interior wear was what I expect from a cop gun, fired once a year to qual and ignored the other 364 days a year.

That said, I'm sure there are scammers out there. Make sure however you pay has recourse if the deal turns out to be bad. One of the reasons I use gun broker is that they have a good reputation service. In the multiple deals I've done there I've only had one bad experience. Seller was selling inventory they didn't actually have yet and it was described wrong.

AJ
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 7:00:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks guys.
I really didn’t want to add another caliber to my needs, but you convinced me.

My new-to-me sawed off MK23:
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Can someone give me a round count estimate?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 9:00:35 PM EDT
[#13]
From the limited pix, the magazine baseplate looks more worn than the gun.
Disassemble it, and check out the frame. The slide rails in particular.
It looks like its in great shape, especially considering what you paid.
Well done.

ETA Also, order a thread protector for it before you drop it and ugly it up.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 8:31:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Congrats on a great score.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 1:13:37 PM EDT
[#15]
From the wear to the high points of the frame, slide release, and safety it looks like it was carried a bunch. How does the other side of the pistol look wear wise? The safety is configured for a RH person which would make the right side more exposed to dents and dings.

How does the interior look? The barrel exterior where it locks up on the slide and the recoil guide rod where the barrel cams are points that show wear with a significant round count.

AJ
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 3:51:18 PM EDT
[#16]
My first HK, so I’m happy about that.
It definitely looks to have been carried, I think it was a probably a duty gun. The overtravel screw is set completely forward, and when I peeked inside the frame it looks like it hasn’t been cleaned in quite awhile, if ever.

I’ll snap some photos of the internal wear points to see if someone could give an estimate of how many rounds have been through it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 6:50:56 PM EDT
[#17]
HK USPs detail strip pretty easy. When I got my ex-cop gun it was easier to detail strip it and run it thru the ultrasonic tank with soapy water.

If you do detail strip it you shouldn't reuse the spring roll pins. McMaster-Carr has a lifetime supply of the correct metric roll pins for a decent price.

AJ
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 4:02:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Some more photos of wear, hopefully someone can give me an idea of how hard used this was...
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I was concerned about that exposed steel, but I’ve seen similar in photos of other USP pistols...
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 11:06:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Looking at those pics it seems that the barrel O ring is missing.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:31:27 AM EDT
[#20]
What is the date code? My ex-cop gun is AH and the slide stop hole is molded differently.

Your wear is between my new purchased USP that has about 500 rounds on it and my ex-cop gun that has I dunno how many. USPs run forever and the only thing that seems to ever break is the sear spring but even those go 10s of thousands of rounds.

AJ
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:41:26 PM EDT
[#21]

Round count doesn’t matter... it’s a USP! -I have over 35k through one of mine.  Yours has less wear than my backup Tac that has ~2k through it though.  Like another poster said, yours looks like it’s missing the o-ring, although they are black instead of green now.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 12:43:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Well done OP.

A .45 Tac pre-panic was my last score about a year ago.  Got it for $1200, but it came with 10 12-rounders and one of the old Insight lights for the USP rail.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 3:50:33 PM EDT
[#23]
1K rounds. + or _ .  
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top