Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2020 9:11:45 AM EDT
Hi,

I recently bought a Tier-1 concealed holster for my G-19 to carry equipped with a TLR-7.  It’s a great holster but doesn’t offer retention like my other kydex  holsters where the gun almost clicks into place and is held very firmly.  Perhaps this is just the reality when molding for a light.  

Are there any light bearing holsters that offer the same level with an audible click and firm hold?

Thanks,
YP
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 9:19:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Heat it up and tighten it yourself.

But yeah kind of the nature of molding for a light particularly with that shape. If kydex covers the ejection port you can make it form more to the forward edge if the port but that's not really ideal imo.

Or get a Safariland ALS holster.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 9:23:53 AM EDT
[#2]
You could try Red River Tactical. I just got a duty holster from them for my G19 with TLR-7a on Saturday after a 10 week wait. So I can't say for sure how their CC holsters work or if they offer what you're looking for but it has a nice little audible click when the gun seats. I'm very happy with it

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/16/2020 9:34:38 AM EDT
[#3]
T1C makes very nice holsters.  Every IWB and AIWB holster I've seen is a friction retention, no 'click'.  Many people like Safariland's ALS system, but it would almost be dangerous in a IWB configuration depending on the size of your muffin top.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 11:13:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Safariland  ALS holster.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 11:18:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I agree that safariland als is probably the best. With that said it is a little big for summer EDC, I found on Amazon a holster from Outlaw Holsters for my VP9 w/Tlr-7a. I just got it yesterday so I haven't had a chance to really mess with it but retention was very tigh when I first tried it, I grabbed a hair dryer, made an adjustment and it's much better. I will continue to work with it. Also it was $52.00 shipped with prime two day.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 5:27:25 PM EDT
[#6]
OWB or IWB?  In either case, an injection molded holster clicks because they can engineer in little tabs on the inside to click and retain a firearm.

I have the same setup: G19 Gen 5 with a TLR-7A. For OWB, the Raven Perun clicks and is a nice solid OWB CCW holster. Love it.

For IWB, I just got a Blackhawk Stache. It's injection molded and has the retention tabs on the inside, so it clicks, but my gun is super wobbly in there even with the retention screws tightened all the way. I prefer the T.Rex Arms Sidecar even though it doesn't click. Here's a video I shot of the issue:
Youtube
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 9:36:57 AM EDT
[#7]
The way I see it, serious, solid retention is only really necessary for OWB holsters. If you're carrying IWB you're probably not planning on finding yourself in a "dynamic environment." I get that things can go from 0-100 rapidly, but I figure that the vast majority of situations that I can realistically expect to find myself in off duty (outside of a threeper fantasy) don't involve me doing stuff that would make me wish for an active retention holster.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top