Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2017 10:30:08 PM EDT
I've tried gold dot 124 gr. +P and the little PPS did not like that.
So what carry ammo are you using?
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 11:15:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
View Quote
9mm Federal HST 124 Grain JHP Hollow Point LE for carry, and 9mm Federal HST 124 Grain JHP Hollow Point LE. No problems so far with either - 50 of the former and 500 of the latter.
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 7:18:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

9mm Federal HST 124 Grain JHP Hollow Point LE for carry, and 9mm Federal HST 124 Grain JHP Hollow Point LE. No problems so far with either - 50 of the former and 500 of the latter.
View Quote
You said Federal HST 124 gr. JHP LE twice.  There is a joke there somewhere.
I'm planning on trying it next.  Actually HST is my regular go to ammo, I got this GD 124 gr. +P on sale.  I know why now.
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 3:16:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote
Maybe because it was +P?
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 10:50:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm a little late to this party but for what it's worth I run 115 gr Hornady Critical Defense in mine.  No issues, hope this helps.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 9:21:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I use the standard pressure 147 grain HST in my PPS M1 and my P99s.

Accurate and reliable out of all of them, and the 147gr. flavor seems to be fairly barrel length blind as to expansion and penetration.
It just works no matter what you use it in.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 12:23:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I use the standard pressure 147 grain HST in my PPS M1 and my P99s.

Accurate and reliable out of all of them, and the 147gr. flavor seems to be fairly barrel length blind as to expansion and penetration.
It just works no matter what you use it in.
View Quote
147 HST is pretty much all I use for defense ammo.

I plink with the 115 grn AE fmj variety, but I may decide to go up to 147 grn fmj with my practice ammo.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 12:50:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

147 HST is pretty much all I use for defense ammo.

I plink with the 115 grn AE fmj variety, but I may decide to go up to 147 grn fmj with my practice ammo.
View Quote
Interesting.  Mine will not lock back on the last shot fired using 147's.  This is with the 7 & 8 round mags.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 8:49:42 AM EDT
[#8]
124 grain HST for me in just about every defensive 9mm I own. Can be had pretty cheap if you buy the 50 round boxes.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 10:18:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm a little late to this party but for what it's worth I run 115 gr Hornady Critical Defense in mine.  No issues, hope this helps.
View Quote
My M1 has run this since i've been carrying it, or since the ammo came out...want to say 2008 or 09. I got a stupid deal on a case of it, so Im still cycling thru it. I only chamber a handgun round 5 times before it goes in the range bag. When i have enough for 2 mags, I do draw and fire drills.

Some of the primers on some of the rounds have small marks or depressions in them, but every single one has gone bang, several hundred in now. There is a youtube series (chopping block or something) that does 9mm performance from shorter barrels, like the PPS. It ranked pretty well in those tests. If had zero carry ammo today, I'd try various flavors of standard pressure HST. I like to keep training ammo close in recoil and bullet weight when i can, so 115 is easy, and i find the +P on critical defense is not much snappier than some of the hotter bulk 115, YMMV.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 10:20:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Interesting.  Mine will not lock back on the last shot fired using 147's.  This is with the 7 & 8 round mags.
View Quote
How new is it? my PPS M1 had about a 500 round teething period where it wouldnt lock back and sometimes wouldnt go into battery. Called S&W (at the time), sent it in, got it back and its run flawless. Called my guy Paul back at S&W and asked what they did.

"We shot the shit out of it".

Might just need to do that very thing.
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 6:36:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Federal HST 124 gr
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 10:34:44 AM EDT
[#12]
I run Hornady Critical Defense 115gr in my PPS M1.  Run perfect, and accurate too.

Like another poster above, my PPS also had a teething period of about 500 rounds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top