User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 5:51:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like at least the frame is now anodized FDE vs cerakote. I can’t tell fully from the pics what the slide is.
View Quote

The frame was always anodized. FDE M9a3s had anodizing on aluminum parts and cerakote on steel parts.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 9:37:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, I just got off the phone and ordered (backordered) a new M9A4 with EuroOptic for $999 plus tax and shipping. Now, the wait starts.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 11:14:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Well, I just got off the phone and ordered (backordered) a new M9A4 with EuroOptic for $999 plus tax and shipping. Now, the wait starts.
View Quote

Did they say possible ship date at all? @jrs93accord
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 7:23:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Did they say possible ship date at all? @jrs93accord
View Quote

He said it could be between 90-120 days, but that depended on how fast Beretta can get these out. I am hoping that it will not take quite that long. Bear in mind, Beretta just released the information on 9/14 and it appears that no one has gotten their hands on one yet, not even for review.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 6:42:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

He said it could be between 90-120 days, but that depended on how fast Beretta can get these out. I am hoping that it will not take quite that long. Bear in mind, Beretta just released the information on 9/14 and it appears that no one has gotten their hands on one yet, not even for review.
View Quote

I probably should have waited a little but oh well, I have dots on all my guns except my A3, sold it today and only have to spend a tiny about if you said you preordered for $1k. I always shot low with my A3, I know Langdon can mill it but I just got lazy and shot my other guns.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 10:26:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

They need to get ODG models to market pronto.
View Quote

Agreed. OD green is what I’ll wait for. Even if I have to rattle can a black one.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 8:38:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I probably should have waited a little but oh well, I have dots on all my guns except my A3, sold it today and only have to spend a tiny about if you said you preordered for $1k. I always shot low with my A3, I know Langdon can mill it but I just got lazy and shot my other guns.
View Quote

Here is the link.

I talked to Keefer. If you order one, tell him James Rea sent you.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 6:59:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone seen any discussions of the Beretta mounting system?  I'd like to compare it to Langdon's work.  I understand LTT actually mills the slide.  Beretta's appears to use a simple plate/screw/dovetail system?
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 9:35:42 PM EDT
[#9]
It looks like it sits really high.   Almost like a rear dovetail mount.  
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 1:48:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I still think I’d rather go with Langdon if I wanted to get an optic mounted M9. That shit sits ridiculously high.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 1:53:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I still think I’d rather go with Langdon if I wanted to get an optic mounted M9. That shit sits ridiculously high.
View Quote

Looks can be deceiving.  The shape of the Beretta slide makes the optic look like it sits extremely high but in reality it isn’t that bad.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:23:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
< snip >  and switch back to the M9A1 style frame since I'm not a fan of the Vertec frame < snip >
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
< snip >  and switch back to the M9A1 style frame since I'm not a fan of the Vertec frame < snip >

Don't go wishing that bad energy for any new 92 variants...  

The Vertec frame is basically perfection, and those of you with big gorilla hands can use the rubber wrap-around conversion grip.

Quoted:
Looks can be deceiving.  The shape of the Beretta slide makes the optic look like it sits extremely high but in reality it isn’t that bad.

LTT

M9A4

I think its pretty significant...  Look at the height of the base of the optic on the LTT (top) compared to the M9A4 (bottom)

Link Posted: 9/21/2021 8:31:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The Vertec frame is basically perfection, and those of you with big gorilla hands can use the rubber wrap-around conversion grip.
View Quote

Speaking as a gorilla (I have a Mark 23 as my nightstand gun), I'm not a huge fan of the wrap-around conversion grip. It's got the same problem as the original M9 grips: unnecessarily fat. The palm swell of the original frame but with the width of the Vertec frame is absolute perfection to me, and the M9a1 frame with thin grips accomplishes that.

My ideal would be an M9a1 frame with probably an M9a4 slide. Hopefully there's an option soon to buy just the slides. I won't make the mistake I did with the M9a3 and wait around forever for a black slide that never comes; if I can get an FDE slide I'll just buy it and pay Beretta to refinish it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 1:06:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
LTT
https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-gwq330i093/images/stencil/1280x1280/products/281/1516/92-ltt-rdo-slide__43778.1597159023.jpg?c=2

M9A4
https://www.beretta.com/assets/0/15/DimLarge/92x_rdo_full_zoom003.jpg

I think its pretty significant...  Look at the height of the base of the optic on the LTT (top) compared to the M9A4 (bottom)

View Quote

I've been shooting dovetail mounted RDS since 2012 and have found that there's very few, if any real, drawbacks to a quality dovetail  mount.      Obviously a milled option is going to sit lower than non milled. My point is that the A4 is likely not any higher than existing dovetail mounts for other guns. A 507 sitting on a DD mount on a G45 has the center of the optic at roughly .70 above the slide while the same optic/mount combo has the centerline at .72 on a Beretta.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 7:02:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I've been shooting dovetail mounted RDS since 2012 and have found that there's very few, if any real, drawbacks to a quality dovetail  mount.      Obviously a milled option is going to sit lower than non milled. My point is that the A4 is likely not any higher than existing dovetail mounts for other guns. A 507 sitting on a DD mount on a G45 has the center of the optic at roughly .70 above the slide while the same optic/mount combo has the centerline at .72 on a Beretta.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LTT
https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-gwq330i093/images/stencil/1280x1280/products/281/1516/92-ltt-rdo-slide__43778.1597159023.jpg?c=2

M9A4
https://www.beretta.com/assets/0/15/DimLarge/92x_rdo_full_zoom003.jpg

LTT also has downsides in that you have G as your only option, you can't use your safety as a safety (F) if you want to. There is also no real comprehensive testing on what effects if any the modifications to the top end have on reliability and durability, which might add some questions about usage of a weapon with that slide as a duty or combat weapon and not just a range/competition weapon.

M9a4 slide is affected by neither it appears, making no changes to the top end and just adding mounting holes, and retaining normal Vertec-based safety options where you can have either F or G configuration as well as go back and forth.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 11:52:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

LTT also has downsides in that you have G as your only option, you can't use your safety as a safety (F) if you want to. There is also no real comprehensive testing on what effects if any the modifications to the top end have on reliability and durability, which might add some questions about usage of a weapon with that slide as a duty or combat weapon and not just a range/competition weapon.

M9a4 slide is affected by neither it appears, making no changes to the top end and just adding mounting holes, and retaining normal Vertec-based safety options where you can have either F or G configuration as well as go back and forth.
View Quote

You're not technically wrong as far as I know, but that is a strong comment/implication about durability and reliability of the LTT RDO modifications.

As the owner of 3 LTT RDO, I take that assumption with a grain of salt, but take no offense.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 1:43:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

LTT also has downsides in that you have G as your only option, you can't use your safety as a safety (F) if you want to.
View Quote

Not poking fun, and not being sarcastic.
Who wants a safety on a DA/SA pistol?  The only reason I own a beretta is because they commonly come in G model now.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 6:51:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You're not technically wrong as far as I know, but that is a strong comment/implication about durability and reliability of the LTT RDO modifications.

As the owner of 3 LTT RDO, I take that assumption with a grain of salt, but take no offense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No really. I love Ernie Langdon but the fact remains the top end is a big part of the 92’s legendary reliability, and changes have been made and we don’t have anyone I’m aware of that’s run through a 20,000+ endurance test or two or done any extensive adverse conditions testing, which is something we’ve got ample data on for the M9 and it’s variants. Just for instance, the firing pin design is notable for even being able to be broken and frequently still continue firing semi-reliably until the slide can be taken apart. We don’t know if the modded top end still has that capability.

It’s not an insult, it’s just a note on lack of data at this time.
Link Posted: 9/24/2021 1:36:46 AM EDT
[#19]
The LTT RDO has been out long enough that if it sucked im sure someone would have mentioned something lol. I’m sure guys have close to 30-40k thru some of those guns by now
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 4:13:49 AM EDT
[#20]
A former work mate of mines from Crimson trace told me the other week that his feelings for CTC not  RE releasing laser grips for the vertec model is because of a corporate decision from S&W not from CTC itself.

Nearly all of the beretta line is now Vertec.. WTF can't trace make it again is beyond me.

Link Posted: 9/28/2021 9:52:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Looks like Beretta will be making plates that fit the following patterns:

ACRO
RMR
CMORE
Delta Point Pro
Universal (Burris/Vortex)
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 2:58:47 PM EDT
[#22]
A short while ago, I received shipping notification (tracking number along with serial number) of my M9A4 that is coming from EuroOptic. Hopefully, it arrives at my FFL tomorrow. It was only a two week wait.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 1:24:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I'm not too familiar with the APX series, but Beretta's website doesn't show an APX A1.

Fat fingering a 4 instead of a 3 on M9A3 I can understand, but not adding A1 to APX.

@butternut please move this thread to GD if it isn't appropriate for the tech forum.
View Quote

https://www.beretta.com/en-us/apx-a1-carry-models/?utm_source=Instagram&utm_medium=APX_A1_Carry&utm_campaign=APX_Launch&utm_term=Organic&utm_content=Video

Link Posted: 10/1/2021 5:54:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
A short while ago, I received shipping notification (tracking number along with serial number) of my M9A4 that is coming from EuroOptic. Hopefully, it arrives at my FFL tomorrow. It was only a two week wait.
View Quote

EO just sent out an email about the 92X RDOs shipping as well
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 7:23:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

EO just sent out an email about the 92X RDOs shipping as well
View Quote

I got that too. BTW, the M9A4 arrived at my FFL this morning. I am going to pick it up in the morning.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top