Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2018 6:12:27 PM EDT
Just ordered one of the threaded blue models from tombstone tactical.

I also just ordered a rugged oculus from silencer shop so that will be here in a while.  What other upgrades are out there?  I saw the VQ trigger kit on brownells for $140.  I saw someone mention Stoner grips in another thread.  What texture is best?

Any other thoughts?
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 6:43:19 PM EDT
[#1]
a red dot
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 7:14:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Forgot to mention I have a spare Bushnell or primary arms red dot I'll throw on for now.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 7:25:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey, I just ordered the exact one from sportsmans! Smoking deal.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 7:29:07 PM EDT
[#4]
FYI. $399 if it's not too late to cancel your order.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/213317
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 7:35:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys, that's the same price I paid.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 7:52:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Head over to Tandemkross and pick up a VQ accurizing kit (which includes a magazine-disconnect removal bushing) and a victory flat trigger.  Then pick up a red dot and depending on the red dot and how high you want it above the bore, an outerimpact mount instead of the top rail.

You'll have so much fun shooting that thing you'll never stop taking it to the range.  And when you're not shooting it, everyone in your family will be in a waiting line for their turn to shoot it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 7:59:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Get the VQ trigger.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 9:09:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I just got mine about a month and a half ago. Never thought I'd want a Ruger rimfire pistol, but liking it a lot so far.

My current mod priorities for it are pretty basic. I need a different front sight and I want a different safety.

The front sight that came on mine is plain black, no serrations. I'm all about plain black, but the tone of the finish combined with no serrations makes it incredibly hard to see against anything but a white background. I came across a Lite at a LGS a few weeks ago and it had a serrated front sight that looked great, so I guess I just got unlucky with my purchase. Looked at Ruger's site and they don't show it. I might have them a call.

ETA2: If anyone replaced their serrated front sight with a fiber optic front sight, I'd be interested in buying your serrated sight.

And for the safety, I'm accustomed to shooting with my thumb resting on top of the safety like a 1911. Prior to this, I've mostly been shooting my CZ 75 SAO with Kadet for rimfire shooting, and I love the feel of that safety. So far I find the safety on the Lite to be a little uncomfortable to shoot the same way. Tandemkross makes an aftermarket safety I want to try.

ETA obligatory pic. That's an Energetic Armament Nyx Mod1 on it in the pic. Uber light can on a very light gun. The whole package feels like nothing.

Link Posted: 12/29/2018 9:09:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I have been pondering the same thing, OP. I already have a can. Red dots have been on my mind. Maybe that tiny Leupold Delta Point? I got mine at a local shop for $330.00. I could not believe the price when I saw it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 4:07:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Tandemkross has good parts. I prefer their stuff to Volquartsen. I added:

Loaded chamber indicator delete
Mag safety delete bushing
Volq trigger before they offered their own
extended magazine base plates
Kane-Wolf bolt hold open mod

I also like the duragrips wasp nest pattern:

http://www.duragrips.com/ruger-mkiii-2245-tactical-grips---wasp-nest-
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 11:49:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Picked up the same one at the Ft Worth show yesterday for $421 OTD.  
Threw my Buckwheat on it and rang steel with the neighbor this afternoon

I've been wanting one for a while, glad to finally find one at a price I was happy with.

Red dot and mods coming soon.
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 2:18:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Gotta recommended the Volquartsen trigger kit. It's probably my favorite trigger in my safe.
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 3:12:55 AM EDT
[#13]
OP,  the can is going to make the gun "giggle fun" to shoot. The only other necessity, in my opinion, is a hammer bushing that deletes the magazine safety. The bushing will also clean up trigger pre-travel. Everything else can wait.
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 3:13:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gotta recommended the Volquartsen trigger kit. It's probably my favorite trigger in my safe.
View Quote
Do this ASAP

I'm going to go ahead and add the VQ firing pin and extractor to mine since my VQ'd ruger only had a standard bolt.

Striplin Custom makes a cool frame mounted thumb rest for your support hand too.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 8:39:15 PM EDT
[#15]
I'll be watching this thread but so far, some great suggestions. This one just came up at my LGS and I couldn't pass it up. Tried on a suppressor while I was there and it was not easy to leave without starting the paperwork. Now that I've slept on it, it looks like I'll be going back next month.

Does it make sense to get a .223 suppressor to use on this and the ARs or should I go dedicated .22?

Link Posted: 1/1/2019 8:44:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'll be watching this thread but so far, some great suggestions. This one just came up at my LGS and I couldn't pass it up. Tried on a suppressor while I was there and it was not easy to leave without starting the paperwork. Now that I've slept on it, it looks like I'll be going back next month.

Does it make sense to get a .223 suppressor to use on this and the ARs or should I go dedicated .22?

https://i.imgur.com/F78AjGh.jpg?1
View Quote
Definitely get a suppressor designed for rimfire. You're going to want to be able to disassemble it for cleaning and you're not going to want the weight of a larger suppressor.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 9:07:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Definitely get a suppressor designed for rimfire. You're going to want to be able to disassemble it for cleaning and you're not going to want the weight of a larger suppressor.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got a rugged Oculus.  I know just about nothing about suppressors but it has good reviews and I liked that it could be configured in a smaller length.  I'll experiment and see whether the long or short version feels better on the pistol.  I have a feeling that the small configuration will go great with the super light gun.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 10:15:27 PM EDT
[#18]
I have two SilencerCo Sparrows (original aluminum and the new stainless) and more recently picked up an Energetic Armament Nyx Mod1.

All depends on your priorities. When I bought my Nyx, I wanted something titanium and very light. The Nyx fit that criteria. It was new, but seemed to get good reviews from those who had shot them. I'm loving mine so far. Feels like nearly nothing on the end of a gun, and coupled with the Ruger Lite, it's a heck of a light package.

I went with the Mod1, but they also make a Mod2 which is modular. You can shoot it in long or short configuration. Short configuration is really meant for a rifle though, where you don't need as much volume for good suppression. 99% of my rimfire shooting is with a pistol, so I figured if I had a Mod2, I'd almost always be shooting in long config. Long config is heavier and longer than the Mod1. Between that and the fact that the Mod1 is uber light anyway, I just went Mod1.

If you want something light, the AAC Element 2 is also pretty light and very popular here. It's being discontinued though, supposedly the last batch will be coming out soon.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 7:39:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Dedicated .22 can, I have a Sparrow and a Mask and love it!
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 12:05:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Once you start upgrading you would stop.  I love shooting mine.

Link Posted: 1/16/2019 5:51:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Once you start upgrading you would stop.  I love shooting mine.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/404018/DSC01345-163821.jpg
View Quote
Dang. That's nice! How's it shoot?
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 6:29:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Get an aluminum top rail vs plastic.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 7:28:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Thanks to all in this thread. I just decided to pull the trigger on a Mark IV 22/45 black/gold today and of course began looking for the top upgrades. Mine will be primarily suppressed, replacing my M&P22 in a sense.

ETA: Ordered 4 extra mags, red FO front sight, and now looking for a charging handle. I'll tackle the trigger once I play around with it a bit.

ETA2: Any decent charging handles that aren’t $30-50 for a small piece of aluminum? Having difficulty finding many at all but I think I’d prefer the type that have a small grab latch on one side.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 11:51:24 AM EDT
[#24]
I was given one of these this past weekend for 10 years on my job.

Definitely need to get a can ordered.
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 2:10:29 PM EDT
[#25]
I’m shopping hard for one of these right now. Local price is $490 and online $430. Hard to swallow $500 after tax and transfer for a 10 shot .22 pistol
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 3:40:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I’m shopping hard for one of these right now. Local price is $490 and online $430. Hard to swallow $500 after tax and transfer for a 10 shot .22 pistol
View Quote
Why?
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 5:50:22 PM EDT
[#27]
because I pay less than that for brand new glocks, and 10/22s are $200, so really its just a mindset thing to get over.
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 6:41:34 PM EDT
[#28]
I think all of my upgrades have been nailed above already:

LCI delete
slingshot mod for bolt hold open
mag disconnect delete bushing
TK flat trigger and sear
polished bolt lightly
upgraded extractor (KIDD maybe?)
TK mag base pads
Burris FF2
Gemtech GM22 can

oh...almost forgot I've got Williams Firesights fiberoptic sights, though I never use them any more.

Red dot makes it almost impossible to miss and the suppressor makes it ludicrously fun.

I don't have a pic with the trigger installed, but there's this...

rob
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 7:09:40 PM EDT
[#29]
There is a “easy Take down” kit, makes reassembly easy, I’ve tried to take mine apart like 5 ones, taking apart is easy putting back together RIGHT is hard.
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 12:07:51 AM EDT
[#30]
VQ trigger kit is a must.
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 9:41:03 PM EDT
[#31]
+1 for TK parts.  I put their trig in my Lite and for $50 it’s an amazing upgrade!!    You can adjust pre/over travel AFTER installation.    Not so with VQ.  Got to dismantle and pop out trig for each adj.   once it’s done ok but still....

H
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 3:04:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
+1 for TK parts.  I put their trig in my Lite and for $50 it’s an amazing upgrade!!    You can adjust pre/over travel AFTER installation.    Not so with VQ.  Got to dismantle and pop out trig for each adj.   once it’s done ok but still....

H
View Quote
So the difference besides curved vs flat is that the TK is easier to able to adjust after installation where as the VQ requires removal to tweak each time? Hmm... more to think about.

Anyone know if it’s possible to have these triggers coated gold to match the factory gold Ruger Lite triggers that come on their black/gold and gold models?
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 12:51:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
So the difference besides curved vs flat is that the TK is easier to able to adjust after installation where as the VQ requires removal to tweak each time? Hmm... more to think about.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

H
Not sure why he can't, but both of the screws in my Volquartsen trigger adjust fine inside the gun. Short end of the allen wrench through the trigger guard.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top