Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2020 3:29:02 PM EDT
During the winter carrying any mid to full size gun is doable if you live in a cold climate, even guns with a RMR and a Surefire X300 are very doable.  Now, depending on where you live, it is getting warmer so clothing will obviously change.  With that change Im sure that many people are putting away full size or compact size guns and replacing them with sub compacts or micros.   I am also sure many people have the same year round carry and to those people I wish you god speed.  Every adult must make their own choices on what they are willing or unwilling to carry around with them to preserve their personal safety.  For those people out there that have gone from a winter carry to a summer carry what gun and mounted light are you carrying?  I like my X300 but I am definitely not willing to carry a G19 or P10C with a X300 mounted during the summer.  I'm sure plenty of people carrying a 365, or 43, or shields (Just naming a few, not picking any favorites) have lights mounted to their pistols?  Has anyone bought a light to mount and had issues with it for any reason and than changed to a different option they prefer more?  I'm asking because there are a lot of light brands and models available, I trust the X300 but I have plenty of streamlights that have held up for years without any issues.  I'm not against mounting a streamlight, I'm just ignorant because i haven't tried.  I've never owned a O light, and ive read varying reviews but I don't have any personal experience or opinion.  With more and more holster companies offering holsters that support mounted lights it seems foolish not to have one on a warm weather carry option......I just have no idea which one.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 3:33:33 PM EDT
[#1]
The Shield with Crimson Trace light is a pretty slick setup for carry.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 3:37:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Is the crimson trace a light and laser or just one?  I've owned crimson trace laser grips but I didn't know they made a light.  Is it sturdy and bright enough even being able to fit on a shield?
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 3:44:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Been carrying a G19 for about a decade and for about the past 3 years, it’s had a Streamlight TLR-8 mounted on it.  Two of those years were when I lived in FL, so basically summertime year round.  A light shouldn’t have any effect on concealability, considering it mounts to the portion of the gun that is concealed below your belt line.  

Attachment Attached File

It sounds like this isn’t the direction you’re looking to go, but I’m not a huge guy and have never had a problem concealing a mid-size pistol in shorts and a t-shirt.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 6:50:33 PM EDT
[#4]
What are you wearing? Or using for a belt/holster?  Bodytype?

A good belt and holster can help you carry a full size gun.

Shorts and a t-shirt can conceal a full sized gun.

A bawidaman gotham anyways for wml use
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 7:14:08 PM EDT
[#5]
You can actually be fully prepared to take on daily life with just a pistol with no light mounted.  

Just have a decent compact hand held light on you and practice getting both it and the gun out.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 7:34:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Lumpy196:
You can actually be fully prepared to take on daily life with just a pistol with no light mounted.  

Just have a decent compact hand held light on you and practice getting both it and the gun out.
View Quote

Options are good.

Id actually prefer a fullsized gun and a handheld personally
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 8:54:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm tall and overweight.  3-4 o'clock carry is my chosen position.  Appendix doesnt work for me, maybe someday but not now.  I also carry a handheld light, and have trained indoor and outdoor in total darkness and lowlight.  Not saying to leave the handheld behind but there's a huge advantage to a weapon mounted light which is why I'm asking about lights on small guns.  I'm not arguing that one is best in all situations.   I'm saying that if u have a subcompact and can mount a light I'd be curious to hear about how it's worked out for individual people.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 10:00:46 PM EDT
[#8]
A 43/43x with the TLR-6 is going to be a good combo for holster availability and carryability
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 10:06:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WoodyWoodward:
I'm tall and overweight.  3-4 o'clock carry is my chosen position.  Appendix doesnt work for me, maybe someday but not now.  I also carry a handheld light, and have trained indoor and outdoor in total darkness and lowlight.  Not saying to leave the handheld behind but there's a huge advantage to a weapon mounted light which is why I'm asking about lights on small guns.  I'm not arguing that one is best in all situations.   I'm saying that if u have a subcompact and can mount a light I'd be curious to hear about how it's worked out for individual people.
View Quote

My most concealable handgun is a beretta pico with the lasermax flashlight grip module. It’s tiny, can be carried in anything but a speedo, and for that reason it’s always with me if I’m not carrying one of my larger CCWs. My larger go-to is a VP9 with a TLR-7 in a custom holster, I carry it it IWB at 4 o clock, works fine for me with a light jacket or untucked button down shirt.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 9:36:55 AM EDT
[#10]
G19 RMR w/ x300

Tier one axis elite AIWB

I’ll ride all day with this thing on

Attachment Attached File

But.........

If I need to go low pro I just throw a handheld in my pocket and I have a little Trex arms rig I toss my shield in

Attachment Attached File

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top