Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2022 8:56:59 PM EDT
Never changed a trigger in any of my MK series pistols.

I recently added a Burris Fastfire to my MKIV.

It's surprisingly accurate and the trigger is a glaring issue I am finding out.

Couple questions. Is it a fairly simple swap? Watched a video and it seemed fairly straight forward. Just don't want to mess it up.

And is VQ the clear cut best option?

Seems to be everyone's go to.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 10:47:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag and a bump.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 7:35:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I used a Volquartsen accurizing kit and Tandemkross flat faced Victory trigger on my MKIV.  Night/day difference compared to stock.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 8:16:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I used a Volquartsen accurizing kit and Tandemkross flat faced Victory trigger on my MKIV.  Night/day difference compared to stock.  
https://i.ibb.co/59qgPvk/F6636055-D5-A8-4855-881-A-DC89-A21-DB08-F.jpg
View Quote

I have the same setup on my mkiv 22/45 lite.

Pretty painless install.  Much better trigger.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 8:34:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I did the VQ trigger, too. No Tandemkross, though. Big improvement. Ruger OEM trigger was not great.   Life is too short for crappy triggers.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 8:55:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I did the VQ trigger, too. No Tandemkross, though. Big improvement. Ruger OEM trigger was not great.   Life is too short for crappy triggers.
View Quote

How was the install?
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 6:58:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

How was the install?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How was the install?

Pretty easy swap.  

Tons of videos and written instructions on the internet.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 5:09:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I used Volq for the trigger before Tandem brought out their unit. Both work but, I like the looks of the Tk part more.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 11:02:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Volquarsten makes two kits for the Mark IV.  I started with the base kit, and had some extractor and light strikes.  So I added the upgraded firing pin and extractor.  Now the pistol is 100% flawless with every ammo, cheap or expensive.  It made the gun go from good, to comparable to a Smith 41.  Astonishingly good. (Mine is an Mark IV Competition).

They now sell a kit with the trigger and pin/extractor parts together, get that, https://volquartsen.com/products/1293-pistol-competition-kit-for-mk-iv

I’ve spent a good bit of time working on guns, and this upgrade was an hour job for me.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 11:12:57 AM EDT
[#9]
I run a gold VQ trigger in my MkIV Target, install wasn't terrible, a few times and extra hand may have come in handy but it's a damn good trigger, got the trigger and bolt upgrade pkg, but yeah it makes a big difference.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 2:33:41 PM EDT
[#10]
TK for their Ultimate Trigger Kit and Game Pro Compensator.

Maddmacs for a RDS mount.

VQ for mag baseplates.

ETA Blast from the past!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top