Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2021 10:17:36 AM EDT
Just wanted to share, I have searched for this everywhere, and no one seemed to have a definite answer. The stock rear sight sucks on the PPQ 22, so through a bit of trial and error I think I finally found a solution, it may not work for all but it's a viable option. I like the sight picture way more than stock, still have to shoot it though to confirm POI. The sight is a replacement fiber optic one for Smith & Wesson M&P 9, with side ears trimmed off, it's around $35 on Amazon here.

Link Posted: 11/9/2021 9:37:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll be interested to see how it works at the range. Did you have to "massage" it to fit the PPQ or was it more or less a direct fit? I have the PPQ 22 in 5", so I already have a FO front sight, and this may be a viable alternative for the rear. Please keep us posted.
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 11:48:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Had to hit the bottom with sand paper a little, but not much at all, then it went in nice and snug with a sight pusher.
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 11:52:19 AM EDT
[#3]
And the bare metal exposed after trimming the sides I hit with several applications of Birchwood Casey blueing pen. It doesn't match the original finish on the sight but it does blacken it some.
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 4:45:39 PM EDT
[#4]
>>bare metal exposed after trimming the sides<<

Ok, pls. tell me about trimming the sides etc.
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 6:00:47 PM EDT
[#5]
If you look at the original sight that I linked to on Amazon, you'll see it has little "ears" on both sides, I guess the M&P 9's slide is wider. Those need to be shaved off, otherwise they'll stick out on the PPQ 22.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 9:25:21 AM EDT
[#6]
thanks for doing this and educating us! I dont own my ppq 22 yet, but soon! :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top