Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2017 4:38:09 PM EDT
Trying to find the wife a new 22 pistol, we have a few 22 cans and wanting something that is quality. MKIV tactical is no where to be found online and in local stores which is what she originally liked.  This is a surprise gift for her.

Thoughts on the PPQ 22 model #5100301 ? (threaded version)
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 6:17:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the non threaded version, and it's been flawless.

Excellent plinker for the money.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 6:28:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the threaded one. It seems to work fine.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 8:16:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I have over 5k through mine. Flawless. Get one!!!  (threaded)

It's the one gun I bring to the range and blow off a few mags even if I'm not taking a new shooter to introduce to the hobby.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 12:42:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys the wife chose the PMR30 so ordered one today.

Good to know these are GTG bc I would like to pick one up later on.

What is the general take on the GSG 1911s?

The price on those blew me away. I have read other places that they are GTG. Better than the umarex 1911s from what I read. I had no idea their was 2 different companies making these in Germany. Thought they were all the same.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 11:21:53 AM EDT
[#5]
All rimfire Walther's have threaded barrels you just need a adapter. It is the same as the M&P they build for S&W internally with a better trigger!
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 11:01:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought the threaded version and broke it in by putting @500 rounds through it last week. I really like the gun. I had about 15 rounds that didn't chamber but...stove-piped? What happened was when the slide closed the live round didn't go into the chamber but pointed straight up and got pinched in the slide. That happened about 15 times and I had a couple of FTE's. Other then that I didn't have much trouble. I shot several brands and Federal Automatch seemed to work the best. CCI had about six of the 15 rounds that got stuck straight up.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 1:45:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Ive had my PPQ M2 22 for well over a year now and im not even going to guess how many rounds (suppressed) ive had through it and its been flawless.  Friend of mind has had their walther p22 for ever and that thing has always sucked.  They shot my ppq and went and bought 1 a week later.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 1:30:59 PM EDT
[#8]
The PPQ 22 is one of my favorites.  I've had a ton of threaded 22s and never had good luck with any of them, but this works as advertised.  12 round mags, excellent egros and very quiet.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 4:44:10 PM EDT
[#9]
We have one, that is being sold this weekend. Was not impressed with the trigger and overall feel. But it worked well.

We were hoping for something more like the CZ Kadet that, despite the differences in slide function, feels more like the original (including the trigger).
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 7:50:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Yea, but the CZ Kadet adaptor alone costs more than a PPQ .22

Someone with a Kimber and a .22 conversion probably isn’t interested in a GSG-1911 either.

The GSG-1911 does get good reviews, for the money it seems to be a good buy for a rimfire lookalike for under $300.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 9:24:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yea, but the CZ Kadet adaptor alone costs more than a PPQ .22

Someone with a Kimber and a .22 conversion probably isn’t interested in a GSG-1911 either.

The GSG-1911 does get good reviews, for the money it seems to be a good buy for a rimfire lookalike for under $300.
View Quote
My GSG shot bad groups the last time I took it out. I just gave it a bore brush cleaning to see if that helps and lubed it. Installed a taller front sight a few years ago to lower the groups. Bought mine in 2010.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 9:01:22 PM EDT
[#12]
PPQ 22 is my favorite 22 - Uber reliable, 12 round easy to load mags and is accurate.  Love it and I own 8 22 pistols.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 2:43:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Have mine for about 3 years. Doesn't skip a beat. I did replace the stock front sight with a fiber optic to match my PPQ45. Just my personal preference. Would buy one again.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 11:45:39 PM EDT
[#14]
The Walther was my favorite .22 until I got the Beretta M9-22.  The only reason I prefer the Beretta is personal- I like the full size for comfort (Have big hands).  Plus it takes down like the original.  Both  are great pistols.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 8:52:03 PM EDT
[#15]
I finally picked up a PPQ22 this fall and after some range trips I can say this is a fun gun. Great ergonomics, accurate, good trigger, and I like the fact it has an aluminum slide. So far mine is still marginal with std. velocity but run high velocity just fine. I mainly shoot copper wash 40 gr. round nose CCI and that runs 100% but overall seems to run Federal lead nose, CCI hollow points, and Remington Thunderbolts and Yellow Jackets 95% of the time.

The PMR30 was a good choice, mine is finicky with some brands but an awesome trigger and .22 mag is a fun caliber. I liked mine so much I got the carbine too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top