Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2024 4:45:48 PM EDT
I am looking for a leather owb holster for my PPKS. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 7:46:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm partial to the Bianchi model 19L for carrying my Walther PP. High ride, thumb snap retention and there many of them in circulation.
Gary
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 12:53:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I would look on ebay for used.  There are a lot of people getting away from da/sa older traditional carry guns and are getting rid of their holsters cheap.
The Desantis mini is nice, very minimum in size.  If you've got money to spend, Mitch Rosen's 5jr is good too.
If looking for a thumb break, the Desantis thumb break scabbard is nice, as is the Galco Fletch.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 3:49:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Many thanks for the recommendations
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 3:02:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Lazyshooter:
I would look on ebay for used.  There are a lot of people getting away from da/sa older traditional carry guns and are getting rid of their holsters cheap.
The Desantis mini is nice, very minimum in size.  If you've got money to spend, Mitch Rosen's 5jr is good too.
If looking for a thumb break, the Desantis thumb break scabbard is nice, as is the Galco Fletch.
View Quote

I've got a Don Hume OWB for my PPK/S that I picked up off ebay years ago- it was new without packaging and I think like $15.  I've got one of the their IWB versions off ebay as well; it was under $20 too, IIRC.  Done Hume are not my preferred leather holsters but they work fine, especially for the price and since I almost never carried the gun on my waist.  I actually have a Bianchi Scorpio I found on ebay really cheap that I ended up using occasionally- I was actually looking for a shoulder holster to carry a 642 while wearing waders* and stumbled across the Walther holster.  I late found just a 642 holster without the harness cheap and they're easy to swap back and forth.  You can find some good deals there; you used to be able to find the old Hunter 1100 series holsters, the old ones that were heavy, thick leather with quality brass snaps and came in the cardboard boxes, for like $10.  They make great field holsters.  

*I wanted to be able to carry a lightweight gun with snake shot for water moccasins while working in the swamps- despite what the snake fans will say, they get really pissed when you hit them with an electrofishing unit , so do alligators.  I carried one snake shot and four 158 +P SWCHP.  Normally the electricity would stun the snake, all of their muscles contract and you could just scooped them up and throw them up on the bank out of the water but sometimes it didn't stun them enough or they'd come back pissed off.  Luckily I never had to shoot any alligators, I'd have hated to do the paperwork on that but nobody cared about shooting rattleheadedcoppermoccasins.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 3:21:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Makarov holster look very cool with the ppks. Just not very cc friendly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top