Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2023 1:00:18 AM EDT
So I'm out shoot my P22 and it stopped functioning properly. I looked it over and to my sorrow, the slide was broken across where the ejection port is. It's in two pieces. I live about 40-50 miles from Walther in Ft. Smith Arkansas and will take it to see if they'll replace it. I'd post pictures, but I can't find an image app that works.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 1:15:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Were you using the long barrel with attached compensator?
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 1:28:50 AM EDT
[#2]
It should be warranty
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 3:56:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Using the barrel that came with it. That's why I don't understand this happening. I'm glad it didn't happen to one of my students.
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 4:02:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Saw a number of them happen over the years but thought they fixed the issues.

Link Posted: 11/21/2023 4:06:22 PM EDT
[#5]
No, the issue has not been fixed, just cracked my replacement slide last month. Walther has great customer service, sent a replacement the next day.  I think they are using the wrong metal for the slide, appears to be zinc or some other soft metal.
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 10:37:34 AM EDT
[#6]
The P22 is an Umarex designed and built pistol, along the lines of their airsoft line.  The slide is indeed zamak. Cracked slides on the P22 have been an ongoing issue since it's release.
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 11:32:50 PM EDT
[#7]
No offense to anyone who owns one, for the life of me I can't understand why anyone would want one of these with SO many quality .22 rimfires out there.

I get the price attraction, I really do. But one gets what one pays for, as we all know.

My .o2
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 9:57:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Mine did the thing in the same spot. Walther replaced it quickly without any hassle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top