Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2022 10:53:20 AM EDT
Got a reasonable condition P220 45acp  ('92 production, W. Germany marked, US mag release).

Came with Pachmayr grips that are OK.

I think I want to change the grips to something else (Pachmayrs are OK, a bit fat on this gun, but I like a slightly slimmer grip).   Find an original grip set?   G10?   Wood?

Any thoughts/pics?

Thanks!

Link Posted: 8/9/2022 11:13:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got a W German P220 that's sporting Hogue grips from the factory.  Do not recommend, basically the fattest 8 round pistol you could make.

I like the idea of wood grips.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 11:22:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've got a W German P220 that's sporting Hogue grips from the factory.  Do not recommend, basically the fattest 8 round pistol you could make.

I like the idea of wood grips.
View Quote

I have a couple P226s, at least one has the G10 grips which feel pretty good.

Link Posted: 8/9/2022 12:09:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I too have a vintage , 92 production, p220. It came with the original grips which are great for that classic look, but you can’t beat hogue g10’s with the piranha style/pattern for shooting comfort and controllability.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 1:35:33 PM EDT
[#4]
If I were in your place, I'd start searching for original P220 grips.  I have a 1989 Herndon Va W. German P220, I switched all my other sigs to E2 grips, except the W. German P220 those grips are reasonably thin, very comfortable and look good.

Link Posted: 8/9/2022 1:44:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Hogue G-10.  Almost looks like the older OEM grips, but much better.

When I needed to replace shitty rubber grips, OEM grips were unobtanium.

Link Posted: 8/9/2022 1:51:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine is a 1991.  I went with non-finger groove Hogues, which I normally don't like.  The 220 can be a handful with the original hard plastic grips.  The Hogues are much softer shooting.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 9:27:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Hogue wood grips is what i went with, I think they were goncalo, checkered. Really nice. But can’t go wrong with Sig/Hogue blackwood grips or G10 piranhas.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 11:56:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, I had Hogue flat panel rubber grips. Then I put Hogue wood. I went back to original, as I like them. Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 7:42:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Factory Slim

I put these on mine and love them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top