Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2024 11:31:43 PM EDT
I recently found this Bavaria Police marked Victory model.

Pretty excited! Off the bat missing the lanyard loop and the grips have been messed with

Any other fun info? I’ll probably do a letter

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/5/2024 8:14:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks to be in great shape. Interesting they got 5 inch barrels.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 9:19:20 AM EDT
[#2]
You got a M1 carbine to match it?

Nice pickup BTW.

Link Posted: 2/5/2024 9:23:02 AM EDT
[#3]
German Police were provided arms by US & British in occupied areas after the Germans surrendered.   Most of the handguns I’ve seen imported back into the US have been lend lease Victory revolvers that went first to the Brits before being issued to the German Police.  The Brits used 38/200 aka 38 S&W and US Victory revolvers were 38 Special.   The 5” barrel Victory model in 38 S&W are very common.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 9:51:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice find. You can buy grips and the lanyard ring to return it to original condition. Should be able to find it on ebay, or if you are a member on the smith-wesson.com forum a WTB ad will probably net you the parts you need.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 10:17:32 AM EDT
[#5]
I've seen several examples of those, by all means find the proper grips which would be plain walnut, no medallion or shiny crap LOL. The lanyard ring from Numrich. Probably. There are also M1 Carbines similarly marked.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 10:31:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kobolowsky_Tires:
I've seen several examples of those, by all means find the proper grips which would be plain walnut, no medallion or shiny crap LOL. The lanyard ring from Numrich. Probably. There are also M1 Carbines similarly marked.
View Quote

I think from reading on the smith forum, the early ones still had a medallion? Based on the serial number it’s a late gun most likely in 1944 I think.

When I get home from work I’ll take off the grips to see if there are any markings. Obviously someone refinished them but I have a few leads on non medallion proper grips
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 10:49:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Kind of funny, someone glued leather over the grip screw

No grip panel marking

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 11:18:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Grips look like heavily modified factory grips. Victory models had plain smooth walnut service grips.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 11:58:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By hkcavalier:
Grips look like heavily modified factory grips. Victory models had plain smooth walnut service grips.
View Quote

Found a few on eBay
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 5:37:55 PM EDT
[#10]
New NOS grips came in! Cool tag on them too

Glad I was able to find a used landyard loop and didn’t have to get a repop as well.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top