Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2023 11:43:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: doktarZues]
The only place I can find the OEM recoil spring is hkparts. I've been competing with a VP9 for the past year and averaging 5k every 6 months. I bought one in Feb for $45 and the one before that for $40. The old one that causes the gun to be unreliable (my first hand experience with 1st gen VP9) is $45, but the proper RSA is $80.

Anyone have a secret squirrel link or coupon code for a new OEM spring? It's shit like this that makes me want to say screw HK and throw this VP9 out the window. Add shipping and it's costing almost $100 for a (I don't care how german meticulously engineered the thing is) SPRING. what kind of clownish BS is going on here.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 12:00:58 PM EDT
[#1]
HKParts is notoriously overpriced.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 12:20:57 PM EDT
[#2]
That is crazy they have gone up that much. I seem to be reading that the VP9 and VP40 both share the same recoil spring now and is supposedly 20 lbs is the standard and not the original 17lbs or 18 lbs.

I have seen a few none factory springs/replacement from Galloway for only $38 in either 20 or 22 lbs but I have never used one.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 2:43:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By patw:
That is crazy they have gone up that much. I seem to be reading that the VP9 and VP40 both share the same recoil spring now and is supposedly 20 lbs is the standard and not the original 17lbs or 18 lbs.

I have seen a few none factory springs/replacement from Galloway for only $38 in either 20 or 22 lbs but I have never used one.
View Quote

Yep I'm going to an aftermarket this go around. I proactively replace them so I can squeeze some more out of my current or old ones in case it's a turd.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 2:42:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Midwest gun works and numerich gun parts are better usually for prices

Hk parts is only good for Uber rare items, even then you pay out the nose

Did you try hkwebshop or calling hk? A lot of times they have the best prices on things
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 10:16:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BU2SCW] [#5]

Error
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top