Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2020 10:15:03 PM EDT
I went to the lgs to pick up another gun. The store had a new blue camo VP9 at the front counter. It seriously was the most comfortable handgun I have ever handled. I haven't paid much attention to H&K since the old P7 my partner carried back in the 1980s. I may have to order one in black. Those who own them are the worth it? I'm generally a .45 guy and there will be no VP45 I assume.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 12:04:13 AM EDT
[#1]
We still hope for a vp45, but I have the vp40 and love it. Love it enough that I am contemplating buying a vp9.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 12:23:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I am obviously a little biased, but I truly feel like the VP9 is the best shooting, most comfortable polymer framed handgun on the market.  It does not have the same aftermarket support that something like a GLOCK has, however.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 1:00:09 AM EDT
[#3]
It's my favorite striker fired pistol. I got the tactical version and just sent it out for a RMR cut.

I like the trigger and find it to be a great fit for my hand.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 9:22:18 AM EDT
[#4]
The VP9 works for both my wife and myself. Her hands are so small a Glock 19 doesn't work for her. Mine are so large a Desert Eagle fits.

I'd wait for the 2020 optics ready--or watch for someone who is selling a non-optics to fund one.

Only thing to watch is for finger irritation from either trigger slap or the trough in the trigger guard. Seems to come from different sources for different people/guns. I've read of people have guns serviced under warranty for trigger slap and of people dremeling out the trough--which solved their individual issues.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 2:53:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I am a Glock guy but vp9 is a great pistol. I shoot mine slightly better than my g17. If you want a 45 might look at usp.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 12:54:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Just picked up a VP9 Tactical and hit the range this morning.
I really like the feel in my hand.  Shot well for first time out with it.  I have not tried changing the back strap or side panels - I like that you have the option to change both.

Tactical came with threaded barrel, three mags, and night sites.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 3:19:54 AM EDT
[#7]
I carry a VP9-B as my duty weapon with a TLR-1HL.  I love the gun.  I switched from a G19.  I get a lot of questions and comments.  But it’s accurate, reliable and comfortable to hold.  I’d bet my life on it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 8:53:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I carry a VP9-B as my duty weapon with a TLR-1HL.  I love the gun.  I switched from a G19.  I get a lot of questions and comments.  But it’s accurate, reliable and comfortable to hold.  I’d bet my life on it.
View Quote
I've been retired as a LEO for the last eight years. I'm thinking about reactivating my license and suiting up again. I never thought I would do ithat. I was thinking about duty guns and this may be it. I am at heart a .45 guy and carried a G21 from 91 to 2012. I think a may have to leave that one in the past.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 10:25:09 AM EDT
[#9]
I was an early VP9 adopter.

I love mine.  Mine is my EDC.  I just bought another slide to send off to get milled for an RDS.

That being said, the newest VP9's are getting the new 17 round magazines.

I LOVE the paddle magazine release.  I have the LE Model as I liked the sights better and wanted the extra magazine.

I will say this I have fired a LOT of rounds through mine and have had a few FTF's with one particular brand of ammo. The Winchester 124 grain 'NATO Spec" ball ammo.  Every now and then I get a round that simply will not go into battery.  In fact, I have 3 of them out of roughly 1000 of that particular round. I believe it has something to do with a stepped chamber that is designed to promote accuracy.  Other than THOSE 3...I have had zero issues, and I have run this gun clean, dirty, dry, lubed, all of it.

The VP9 is a great pistol.

A VP10 and VP45 would be in my house if they made both of them.

ARE YOU LISTENING HK????
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 10:34:55 AM EDT
[#10]
I absolutely love my VP9. I like it better than any of my Glocks, which I also love.

Just picked up a few HK factory 20 round mags for it last week.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 4:23:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I went to the lgs to pick up another gun. The store had a new blue camo VP9 at the front counter. It seriously was the most comfortable handgun I have ever handled. I haven't paid much attention to H&K since the old P7 my partner carried back in the 1980s. I may have to order one in black. Those who own them are the worth it? I'm generally a .45 guy and there will be no VP45 I assume.
View Quote
If you like the way it felt in hand, go for it! I've got one, but I don't carry it. I've put about 700 rounds though it and never had a malfunction. Still carry a Glock.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 8:47:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If you like the way it felt in hand, go for it! I've got one, but I don't carry it. I've put about 700 rounds though it and never had a malfunction. Still carry a Glock.
View Quote
I was there yesterday, they had a VP9 with a straight trigger and some other custom features, forgot the model. I handled the G44 while I was there, It was comfortable. It kinda seemed like a toy, and the 10 shot mag was weird. I'm sure a higher cap will follow
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 10:17:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
We still hope for a vp45, but I have the vp40 and love it. Love it enough that I am contemplating buying a vp9.
View Quote
Not striker fired, but I'm not sure why that would be a huge limiting factor.

Link Posted: 1/25/2020 12:14:45 AM EDT
[#14]
It’s more competitive now with 17rd mags, I always thought it was dumb to have 15rd mags in a full-size pistol
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 11:38:12 AM EDT
[#15]
I put the LEM trigger in my HK45 and it is similar in how it operates to my VP9. It makes me think what the VP45 would shoot and feel like.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top