Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2018 1:23:46 PM EDT
Love my vp9sk for ergos and size.  It's my favorite ccw gun.  Love my hk45 v3 da/sa trigger.  Looking at a p30 sk for ccw, provides my favorite combo of size, ergos and trigger.  Plus my vp9 sk holster will work for the p30 sk.

I really like a v3 da/sa trigger with decocker.  Is the LEM that much better or safer for ccw? Does it come down to personal preference or am i missing something?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 1:27:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the P30 V3 DA/SA. I prefer it just to be able to carry hammer back on safe or hammer down with safety off. I was looking into the LEM trigger but decited to stick to what I have already been training on over the years.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 4:17:04 PM EDT
[#2]
That's exactly what i had in mind as well.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 5:03:03 PM EDT
[#3]
The LEM, IMO, may be the perfect carry trigger. I'm planning to convert my HK45C over to it.

If you haven't gotten your hands on it yet, be sure and do that first. Rack the slide, because while it does offer re-strike capabilities, it's a seriously heavy DA pull when you go for that. If you run it as it's meant to, and 99% of the time would be ran, then it's quite a joy to use. But it's one of a very few things that truly is kind of hard to describe, and ought to just be felt and handled to understand it.

Until you can get your hands on one though, this is one of the best videos I've found to explain it:

Kraut Space Magic, HK's LEM Trigger [Review & Operation]
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 11:23:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The LEM, IMO, may be the perfect carry trigger. I'm planning to convert my HK45C over to it.

If you haven't gotten your hands on it yet, be sure and do that first. Rack the slide, because while it does offer re-strike capabilities, it's a seriously heavy DA pull when you go for that. If you run it as it's meant to, and 99% of the time would be ran, then it's quite a joy to use. But it's one of a very few things that truly is kind of hard to describe, and ought to just be felt and handled to understand it.

Until you can get your hands on one though, this is one of the best videos I've found to explain it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GyuC8j9UWk
View Quote
thanks!  I'll go to my local gun shop and see if they will let me dry fire one.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 11:32:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a V1 and V3 P2000. The V1 LEM is my carry gun.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 1:41:09 AM EDT
[#6]
The LEM May be a bit polarizing for some but I love it.
I agree many others that it may be the perfect carry trigger.  I have the V1 setups on my p30l and my edc P30sk

Sadly to many judge a trigger by YouTube dry fire and how loud the reset is vs real world type training.  I have 4 other HK’s I’ll convert over eventually
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 5:42:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The LEM May be a bit polarizing for some but I love it.

Sadly to many judge a trigger by YouTube dry fire and how loud the reset is vs real world type training.  I have 4 other HK’s I’ll convert over eventually
View Quote
I would expand that beyond just the LEM trigger. There is way too much BS on the YouTubes about triggers, resets and noise makers. Can these people not move their finger a 1/4" without throwing off their yang?

The LEM trigger was explained to me, (by a gun shop genius)  as being similar to the Sig DAK trigger... That is completely wrong. Although I don't find the DAK trigger to be bad, it is not like the LEM.

I would describe the LEM as a long 2lb pull to a wall, then a 4.5lb to break. That's on my USP and HK 45C, I don't now how it is on the P30.

I like the DA/SA trigger of Sig, but the LEM is very good... On a carry gun.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 11:48:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I like the LEM for carry in the P2000 and P30 line.

The V1 is very smooth. If you want a little more weight in the trigger then go with the V2. It’s about 7.5 lbs. if I recall but still very smooth. It reminds me sort of the Kahr Mk9 but with a better reset.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 12:52:46 AM EDT
[#9]
I have the LEM on both my P30’s one being the sk. For some reason I still haven’t figured out I’ve moved away from striker fired pistols. If I am not carrying a 1911 it’s the P30. The LEM would be as close to a striker fired but not if that makes sense. It is really close when you stack the trigger. To me the P30 is the best feeling plastic pistol made and the LEM is the cherry on top.
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 6:32:52 PM EDT
[#10]
It does come down to personal preference. I have the P30 and the P30sk both in light LEM. It’s like a striker fired but it’s not. Without a doubt the best feeling plastic gun I’ve ever had.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 11:21:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Seems the majority like the LEM for the P30.
So now I want one (P30sk LEM) and can't find one.
Heard that H&K will start production again in the future.
Anyone have a guess when these guns will be available again?
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 3:36:14 PM EDT
[#12]
I would highly recommend joining HK Pro and ask one of the sponsors for assistance in the handgun talk forum.  You will be very pleasantly surprised what they come up with.  I never warmed up to the LEM (P2000), however I never have had the pleasure of shooting the light version.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top