Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2020 8:08:09 AM EDT
So this is a weird topic, but do you guys have any recommendations for undershirts. I carry all the time, I'm a mechanical Co tractor and I have a farmette.

I was just gonna pick up some (A shirts/wife beaters), but after talking to my brother and some other people, and finding out how saturated they get from sweat, etc I'm looking for something else.

I would like something thin, moisture wicking if possible that I can wear year round, preferably wife beater style but with wide shoulder straps to go underneath suspenders.

Any thoughts
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 8:54:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like you are describing what UnderArmor is supposed to provide, wicking and fairly quick to dry.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 9:21:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe, but I want inexpensive, because guaranteed I will destroy it the 1st time I wear it, and I despise compression shirts.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 9:37:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 9:41:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So this is a weird topic, but do you guys have any recommendations for undershirts. I carry all the time, I'm a mechanical Co tractor and I have a farmette.

I was just gonna pick up some (A shirts/wife beaters), but after talking to my brother and some other people, and finding out how saturated they get from sweat, etc I'm looking for something else.

I would like something thin, moisture wicking if possible that I can wear year round, preferably wife beater style but with wide shoulder straps to go underneath suspenders.

Any thoughts
View Quote

I normally just wear v neck cotton t shirts under my shirt for the day.  Most of the time it's a polo.   They work for me.  If I sweat I they get wet but that's unavoidable in KS during the summer.

Link Posted: 10/30/2020 10:14:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I generally wear a t-shirt untucked, none of this polo shirt BS.  Will wear an untucked button down shirt to church or family affairs, but I want a light weight undershirt.
So basically 2 layers in the summer, 3 layers in the winter.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 11:38:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I use a regular Fruit of the Loom A-shirt. I always have one tucked in as a base layer. Can’t stand wearing a shirt without one. Guns more comfortable against your body & no plumbers crack.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 12:21:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I just wear a regular white crewneck (more comfortable for me than a v-neck but either works). Yeah, if you sweat, it's going to get wet. So would your overshirt without an undershirt. If you sweat enough. both get wet. That's what happens when your body is producing sweat.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 3:44:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Duluth Trading Company undershirts. They are pricy, but cut long in the body to stay tucked in and short in the sleeves to stay hidden from poking out. I'll like the free range cotton ones, but the armachillo ones are under armour like material and good for hot weather.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 6:33:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I’ve been wearing Nike Pro Combat DriFit compression shirts for a decade. They work great and have an extra long tail that keep them from riding up.
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 7:47:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe, but I want inexpensive, because guaranteed I will destroy it the 1st time I wear it, and I despise compression shirts.
View Quote

Imitation underarmor for around $10 at Wal-Mart is what l wear.
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 11:32:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just use a generic a-shirt, then. Even when soaked with sweat, still way more comfortable than not.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 11:18:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Whatever is cheap at walmart.  I always wear one. I sweat like a hose runs. I need to wear one. They wear out quickly for me so the walmart ones are very cheap to buy.

Never had any problems carrying IWB.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 1:49:42 PM EDT
[#13]
I live in PA, too.
It can hit 100 degrees in the summer w/80% humidity, so I feel your pain.
And I don't like my holster to be directly against my skin, either.

My solution is similar to yours.
A standard cotton "Wife Beater" tank "T" under a Hawaiian.

If I'm heading to the firing range, I wear a regular "T" and take the Hawaiian off and leave it in the car once I'm on the firing line as open carry is legal.

I suspect that if you do some research, you might find a polypropylene sports tank top that would work a little bit better than the cotton type.  I know there are polypropylene crew neck "T"s for bicycling 'cuz I have a couple, but I have never tried them out as a dress option for carry in the summer.

Link Posted: 11/24/2020 1:47:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Under Armor has heat great t shirts that are not compression shirts. I have a pile of them I wear under my vest as a LEO. They can be found for about $20 a piece, better on sale days.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 2:29:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Under Armor. They flat out last for years.

ETA: Look for their fitted or loose shirts not compression. I prefer the fitted style shirts.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 8:44:07 AM EDT
[#16]
I don't normally wear an undershirt when I carry.  but if I'm in a button up I'll wear one.  I use the magpul drifit style shirts.   I'd say anything that is a lighter neutral color and has wicking/fast drying would be a good choice.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:56:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Switched to Under Armor compression shirts for base layer. They stay fitted to your body no matter what your body position is which means no snag points when drawing....love all my colors....I'm one of the lucky guys that don't sweat much....
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:33:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Imitation underarmor for around $10 at Wal-Mart is what l wear.
View Quote

Yep, I think it used to be “starter” brand. I’ve been out of the US for a couple years but still have a couple kicking around.

If it’s very hot, I preferred a Cotten a-shirt under a linen button-down or half-button.

A better option might be moleskin on your holster and... get used to the handle of your pistol rubbing against you ???????
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:34:31 AM EDT
[#19]
I use a dryfit wifebeater i got off amazon. Its great
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:47:15 AM EDT
[#20]
I wear a regular t-shirt of one kind or another.  None of the white, just t-shirts tucked in and a button up shirt on the outside not tucked in.

I sweat a lot.  I just clean the gun up when I come home if it's wet.

They do make holsters (IWB) that are supposed to seal the gun away from the sweat.  Special/synthetic padding against the skin, kydex on the "outside" to hold the pistol in place.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 7:18:39 PM EDT
[#22]
I just wear a shirts or thinner cotton T-shirt’s.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 8:10:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Under armor or substitute moisture wicking compression under shirts are the best.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 10:52:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Dryfit wife beater on amazon. Its like 10 bucks
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 11:02:53 PM EDT
[#25]
I like compression under shirts, they stay tight to the body and away from my carry piece so it will not snag on the draw. They are moisture wicking also
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 11:25:03 PM EDT
[#26]
I bought a bunch of the 32 Degree shirts at Costco and really like them. I'm amazed how well they've held up with how thin they are. They feel comparable to the real thin under armour stuff to me.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 11:43:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Get good ol' basic synthetic shirts. Polyester with no cotton. Gabes sells branded stuff from Nike, Reebok, and Joe Blow for $4 each.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 1:32:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Walmart has their version of underarmor shirts, they are about 7 bucks a piece and its what I wear every day. I work in agriculture and am out on farms a lot and they are very comfortable and wick moisture fairly well. Summer in TX they will still be soaked by the end of the day.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 1:23:37 AM EDT
[#29]
I wear a cotton tee shirt, no matter where I am (including my time in Asia) and under every top shirt.

Just get some polyester shirt that's long enough and try that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top