Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2024 5:51:27 PM EDT
It's basically this but a different gun of course.

https://www.gunvaluesboard.com/sig-220-marked-us-govt-property-563137.html
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 6:00:05 PM EDT
[#1]
P220 is still issued to NPS rangers as far as I know

Maybe valuable if this was a trade in from the agency and you are into collecting NPS stuff.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 6:32:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 18B30] [#2]
Without supporting documentation:

Buy the gun, not the story.

The engraving is not factory SIG. Looks applied by the purchasing agency.  

Fed agencies generally do not permit the sale of their duty weapons to dealers or retiring agents.

18Z50

This is why I love ARFCom…..what a neat find and it explains how Fed guns got into the wilderness legally.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 7:58:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I know the true story on that actual gun and still have one myself

there were 3 of them(that I had when I was a LE dealer), they were traded in from a WA State Tribal Agency(Naselle) around 2010. 2 of them went to a friend of mine, who passed away a year latter, the family took all his gun to Oregon....I assume the one being asked about was 1 of his.

the same agency also traded in two factory green HK Fabarms FP6 riot guns, never seen another green FP6 and they were not repainted. my friend also got one, I kept one

they government gave the SIGs to the agency, which is why they are marked that way

they also had 2 M14's they wanted to trade...but still had the happy switch was still in place but supposedly were only semi....they kept those

kinda been waiting for one of these to pop up

so thats the real story on the 220's
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 8:05:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Landpimp:
I know the true story on that actual gun and still have one myself

there were 3 of them(that I had when I was a LE dealer), they were traded in from a WA State Tribal Agency(Naselle) around 2010. 2 of them went to a friend of mine, who passed away a year latter, the family took all his gun to Oregon....I assume the one being asked about was 1 of his.

the same agency also traded in two factory green HK Fabarms FP6 riot guns, never seen another green FP6 and they were not repainted. my friend also got one, I kept one

they government gave the SIGs to the agency, which is why they are marked that way

they also had 2 M14's they wanted to trade...but still had the happy switch was still in place but supposedly were only semi....they kept those

kinda been waiting for one of these to pop up

so thats the real story on the 220's
View Quote

Interesting…thanks for the info.

I grabbed this one from my Dad as he was going to sell a bunch of guns and wondered if my brother or O wanted any of them.

I grabbed this P220 and a W. Germany P226 from him because I just think the W. Germany guns are cool. The P220 definitely feels nice after cleaning it up and lubricating it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:21:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Landpimp] [#5]
serial # on my 220 is G143653  1986 vintage, looks like it it had Trijicon night sight installed in the stock sights

am sure there were more than the 3 I had but this is the 1st time I have seen another one(I had come across the link you posted last year)

had a thing for agency guns, which wasn't helped by being a LE dealer....

kinda forgot till now, also have 1977 or 78 Browning BDA 45acp
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:57:20 PM EDT
[#6]
This one is G143497 with a JG stamp.

It’s definitely been used but it’s in excellent mechanical condition.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:45:52 PM EDT
[#7]
That is a pretty neat find and story how it ended up for sale.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 11:07:35 AM EDT
[#8]
ours are just 156 guns apart from each other, cool

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Firestarter123:
This one is G143497 with a JG stamp.

It’s definitely been used but it’s in excellent mechanical condition.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/22/2024 9:15:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kc-coyote] [#9]
Delete
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 12:51:16 PM EDT
[#10]
The US Forest Service Law Enforcement personnel were also issued the Sig P220 .45. We had them in 2001. I went thru qualification with them. We had the 220, a sig P230 backup , Remington 870 and an AR carbine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top