Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2018 4:29:26 AM EDT
Which would you choose and where do they have them cheapest?
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 4:35:51 PM EDT
[#1]
For a super fast front sight at short range the HD.  Once I slow down a smidge and push out to 7-25 yards then I prefer the Spartan.

That said, I have the Spartan on the PX4 Compact and HD on my PX4.  My 92’s carry Wilson fiber with Les Pep rear.

Try eBay, Beretta and LTT.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 5:27:37 PM EDT
[#2]
They're similar, but I think it really comes down to which gun you have?

I think the Trijicon HDs aren't available for Vertec/M9A3 slides but Ameriglo Spartans are.

I haven't looked in a while but I think the 90-two might be the only slide you can get HDs in.

The sad thing about the Beretta's that ARE dovetailed is that none of them re the same.

The following models are all dovetailed, but each has unique sight heights:

90-two
92/96A1
Brigadier/Elite/92G-SD WC BT, basically anything with the Brigadier slide
Vertec/M9A3

The Ameriglos are only offered for the last one on my list.  Neither are available for the 3rd one on my list.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 5:51:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I am really wanting the trij HDs on my 92A1, but looking for options on where to send the slide off to, other than Wilson. Tis a pity that cost and turnaround are prohibitive, since Wilson is just down the road from where I live....
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 6:55:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I just looked it up.  HDs are available for the 90-two and the 92/96A1.

So in no case can you choose.  The gun determines what you get.

M9A3/Vertec Ameriglo Spartans
90-two HDs
92A1/96A1 HDs
Brigadier slides nothing similar available, just regular 3-dot

Maybe the Ameriglos are available for other slides; I remember that not being the case though
 Strangely on their site right now I can't confirm it as they aren't currently listed under their Beretta sights for some reason.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 8:23:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I have been doing 92 sight installs lately.

A few things I noticed for brigadier slides.

Night sight options for brigadier slide:
- Tijicon front & rear brigadier set (shot high for me)
- Wilson combat front (works with novak rear)
- Novak carry rear (works with wilson front)
- M9a3 rear only (not sure yet if the height will work)

On the brigadier, the front sight dovetail is different/wider than the vertec/m9a3. Vertec/M9a3 front sight will not fit a brigadier.

The brigadier rear dovetail is the same as vertec/m9a3.

Trijcon makes a front rear set for brigadier. These shot high for me, seemed like a 6o’clock hold.

Wilson combat makes a nice front night sight for brigadier. It matches nicely with a Novak rear night sight.

I just paired up a wilson front night sight with a m9a3 rear night sight, hopefully it will hit point of impact, but I have yet to test fire it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 2:37:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have been doing 92 sight installs lately.

A few things I noticed for brigadier slides.

Night sight options for brigadier slide:
- Tijicon front & rear brigadier set (shot high for me)
- Wilson combat front (works with novak rear)
- Novak carry rear (works with wilson front)
- M9a3 rear only (not sure yet if the height will work)

On the brigadier, the front sight dovetail is different/wider than the vertec/m9a3. Vertec/M9a3 front sight will not fit a brigadier.

The brigadier rear dovetail is the same as vertec/m9a3.

Trijcon makes a front rear set for brigadier. These shot high for me, seemed like a 6o’clock hold.

Wilson combat makes a nice front night sight for brigadier. It matches nicely with a Novak rear night sight.

I just paired up a wilson front night sight with a m9a3 rear night sight, hopefully it will hit point of impact, but I have yet to test fire it.
View Quote
Thanks for the info, I ended up picking up the Spartan Sights for M9A3.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top