Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/28/2023 3:05:54 PM EDT
Do any of you like the Glock clone frames? I am really enjoying the way this TimberWolf frames feels and shoots.

Link Posted: 12/28/2023 3:50:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I like the P80 and Dagger over OEM but they need a couple small tweaks . I just ordered two SCT from AIM since they were so cheap but looks like I’ll need to smooth the corners off the trigger guards.

Those LW freak me out. The straight grip has an illusion of actually tapering smaller to the bottom since every other grip expands a little. Since I like the fit of the others I don’t think I’d shoot them well or even enjoy the feel of their grip.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 4:41:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a g21 slide on a lw frame. I think the big frame lw feels better in my hands. I think it's slightly smaller.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 8:19:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VASCAR2] [#3]
I have three of the Combat Armory frames.  One wears a Dagger with 3 MOA Venom Red Dot Sight.   I am using the other two Combat Armory frames with Advantage Arms 22 LR conversions.   My CA frames have been gtg.

Here is a picture of a Combat Armory frame, Dagger slide, Combat Armory 9 MM barrel and Vortex Venom 3 MOA red dot sight.

Link Posted: 12/28/2023 8:30:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PvtJoeBauers:
I like the P80 and Dagger over OEM but they need a couple small tweaks . I just ordered two SCT from AIM since they were so cheap but looks like I’ll need to smooth the corners off the trigger guards.

View Quote

I’ve got the SCT frame, a Combat Armory frame and I’ve had 3 dagger frames. 2 of the dagger frames have given me issues. I really like the Combat Armory frame and the SCT frame. But you’re right, the SCT frame needs some minor work around the trigger guard.

Here’s mine: SCT frame w mods
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 3:04:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I definitely prefer the Timberwolf/Freedom Wolf and Strike 80/SCT frames over the OEM Glock frames.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 3:13:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I have 2x G19Ls built on the lonewolf frames.

They are okay, I like the P80 frames better.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 5:25:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Those LW freak me out. The straight grip has an illusion of actually tapering smaller to the bottom since every other grip expands a little. Since I like the fit of the others I don’t think I’d shoot them well or even enjoy the feel of their grip.
View Quote

You helped me come to terms with the reason I don’t like them visually.  
Always looked weird to me but never invested the brain activity to figure out why.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 5:31:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 8:04:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By d16man:
The PSA dagger has the best ergonomics of any clone.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/337946/IMG_20211022_231938_535-2147300.jpg
View Quote

Completely subjective.   I like the SCT and PF940C better
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 9:03:14 PM EDT
[#10]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/337946/IMG_20211022_231938_535-2147300.jpg
View Quote

I preferred mine after removing the finger groove and chopping the grip to G26 length.  

The FG on the S frame isn't as noticable.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 11:50:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By cb69:
I have a g21 slide on a lw frame. I think the big frame lw feels better in my hands. I think it's slightly smaller.
View Quote

Same here.  The 21 in the smallest factory set up was still a bit too large for my hands.  I tried the LW frame and the 21 now feels and handles like a 17 for me.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 9:25:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Definitely prefer the P-80 frames vs. OEM Glock, Currently also trialing the Dagger full size and compact frames to see if I like them better than the P-80's.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 10:39:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Nope...............Don't like 'em

TXPO
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 10:47:48 AM EDT
[#14]
I like the P80 better than OEM Glock, and I am solidly team Glock.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 1:17:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Shadow systems bottom pistol and Nomad gen5 9F

Second pic is a G 19 gen 5 Nomad
frame

Both Manufacturers frames fit me much better and point naturally.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 7:56:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: polishkebasa] [#16]
I have put a lot of mileage through a pf940c and liked it quite a bit in fact it was my first centerfire handgun, but I have stripped all the oem parts out of it and put together a gun on a combat armory frame to carry (holster compatability/serialized) which I have have used pretty hard including some torture tests and have been quite happy with.

I am still on the fence about carrying it , idk maybe something about how much I trust my own work but I do think about just getting a gen 5 glock.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 9:46:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnRippert] [#17]
I put together a Grey Ghost Precision GGP17 and a SCT19 from a SCT frame. Both were purchased from AIM surplus. I like them both, much better than the standard Glock frames.

Link Posted: 1/12/2024 11:10:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By polishkebasa:
I have put a lot of mileage through a pf940c and liked it quite a bit in fact it was my first centerfire handgun, but I have stripped all the oem parts out of it and put together a gun on a combat armory frame to carry (holster compatability/serialized) which I have have used pretty hard including some torture tests and have been quite happy with.

I am still on the fence about carrying it , idk maybe something about how much I trust my own work but I do think about just getting a gen 5 glock.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/454522/Screenshot_20240111_213344_jpg-3091736.JPG
View Quote

I'm in the same boat.  I'd feel better if someone knowledgeable could double check my homework

Combat Armory frame

Remsport slide

All OEM Glock internals (except barrel and possibly P80 flat trigger, or just the face).  

Link Posted: 1/13/2024 12:54:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By DavidY:

I'm in the same boat.  I'd feel better if someone knowledgeable could double check my homework

Combat Armory frame

Remsport slide

All OEM Glock internals (except barrel and possibly P80 flat trigger, or just the face).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By polishkebasa:  I have put a lot of mileage through a pf940c and liked it quite a bit in fact it was my first centerfire handgun, but I have stripped all the oem parts out of it and put together a gun on a combat armory frame to carry (holster compatability/serialized) which I have have used pretty hard including some torture tests and have been quite happy with.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/454522/Screenshot_20240111_213344_jpg-3091736.JPG

Combat Armory frame

Remsport slide

Who's the better assembler?  You who is confirmed with your own safety and that of your family, and doublechecks your work with 10 boxes of ammo, or John Doe, Glock assembler on his 1st day on the job, hungover from partying last night & slaps that sucker in the box & sends it?  
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 3:00:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By backbencher:

Who's the better assembler?  You who is confirmed with your own safety and that of your family, and doublechecks your work with 10 boxes of ammo, or John Doe, Glock assembler on his 1st day on the job, hungover from partying last night & slaps that sucker in the box & sends it?  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By polishkebasa:  I have put a lot of mileage through a pf940c and liked it quite a bit in fact it was my first centerfire handgun, but I have stripped all the oem parts out of it and put together a gun on a combat armory frame to carry (holster compatability/serialized) which I have have used pretty hard including some torture tests and have been quite happy with.

Combat Armory frame

Remsport slide

I didn't say I'd let Shadow Systems employees check my work
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 12:07:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cjjohn] [#21]
Originally Posted By Texaspo:
Nope...............Don't like 'em

https://i.imgur.com/uj49XCJl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/7eYbIV5l.jpg

TXPO
View Quote

I really like the Shadow Systems. I have a MR920 Elite. It was perfect, until it wasn't. I shot a match with it and I had 10-12 malfunctions on one stage. I got so mad I walked off the stage. Some of this I take the blame for as I didn't detail strip / clean when I got it. There was machining debris in the striker channel and in the trigger group. I haven't shot it since I took care of all this. I am assuming it is good to go now. I certainly won't carry it again without a few hundred rounds through it though. This makes me sad as it's the best Glock "clone" I've shot. And in this commie state there are not a lot of options.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 1:27:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Texaspo] [#22]
Originally Posted By cjjohn:

I really like the Shadow Systems. I have a MR920 Elite. It was perfect, until it wasn't. I shot a match with it and I had 10-12 malfunctions on one stage. I got so mad I walked off the stage. Some of this I take the blame for as I didn't detail strip / clean when I got it. There was machining debris in the striker channel and in the trigger group. I haven't shot it since I took care of all this. I am assuming it is good to go now. I certainly won't carry it again without a few hundred rounds through it though. This makes me sad as it's the best Glock "clone" I've shot. And in this commie state there are not a lot of options.
View Quote

I certainly can understand your frustration.  I always take new firearms aparts to check for exactly what you talked about.  I do not clean them, but I do check for leftovers from manufacturing.  I put them back together, without cleaning or lubrication, and run a qualification course with them.  FWIW, every shadow system pistol I have done this with has passed, without a single issue.  I have only had one pistol fail this and it was a 3rd Gen G23, and the cause was bad magazine springs from the factory.  

I do this test with every weapon I plan on using in a defensive situation. It tests the weapons initial setup, and it's confidence with me in using it as a defensive weapon.  I figure if it can function straight out of the box, then with normal care and maintenance, it should be good to go.  

I know it's not scientific by any means, but it's the test protocol I use and it hasn't sent me in the wrong direction in all my years of doing it. YYMV

TXPO
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 2:09:17 AM EDT
[#23]
I would like to get one of the SCT19 frames, OD green
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 7:42:09 AM EDT
[#24]
A new contender has entered the ring.

https://shop.gritgrips.com/frames/

Sold by the designer of the PSA Dagger frame. Also the seller of the GG magwell for the PSA Dagger.

Gen 3 compatible, Gen 4 magazine release.  

Fully assembled has SCT parts. Also available stripped without locking block.

I really didn't need to see this
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 9:44:44 AM EDT
[#25]

Sold by the designer of the PSA Dagger frame. Also the seller of the GG magwell for the PSA Dagger.

View Quote

That looks awesome. Really hope they make a G17 sized frame, will put one on my 17L
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 10:29:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:

That looks awesome. Really hope they make a G17 sized frame, will put one on my 17L
View All Quotes

Yeah I saw that the other day, looks about perfect.

On the shadow systems guns, I want one and I get tempted everytime deals pop up but the general buzz from some their issues kinda dampers the mood. I know plenty of people are very happy with theirs but there seems to be a decent amount of issues out there as well. I know there is a good bit of feedback on pistol fourms about accuracy on their g17 gun
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 10:32:06 AM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

You gotta post pics when you get one. You know you will.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 12:32:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Over the past 5 or so years, I have tried, and still have three clone frames, a P80 17, and two serial numbered 17 frames.

When it comes to proper function (I will say no more on that subject), and after firing multiple parts cannons at all three frames, I have come to the conclusion that it is simply impossible to beat genuine Gen 3 Glock frames, when equipped with genuine Glock internals.

Slides are a different subject: The two I built up on Brownell's RMR slides have been flawless on genuine Glock Gen 3 frames.

I really wanted the clone frames to work, but one can not always get what they want.

Jay

Link Posted: 1/28/2024 4:47:26 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Damn, a gen 3 Glock frame with the gen 4 mag release. Wish PSA did this with the dagger.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 12:31:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Wandering_minstrel:

Damn, a gen 3 Glock frame with the gen 4 mag release. Wish PSA did this with the dagger.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Wandering_minstrel:

Agreed 110%
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 9:30:16 AM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

I like everything about it, except it still has the stupid hump on the rear.  I would have thought by now, aftermarket companies would have figured out most folks don't like the humps.  Funny thing is just about everything else on it looks like a protoype of the next generation of........I can't say.  

TXPO
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 9:30:24 PM EDT
[#32]
I have a kk e wolf Glock large frame and to me it is a game changer. I have had in the past a grip modified G20 then used a 21SF frame and this one is better hands down. For the 20/21 size guns it makes them feel like a 17 in the hand.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 2:46:07 AM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

Thanks, just ordered a FDE.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 3:50:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Autodog:
Do any of you like the Glock clone frames? I am really enjoying the way this TimberWolf frames feels and shoots.

https://i.imgur.com/xZruAhc.jpg
View Quote

I'm still considering a "Compact/Full" frame (their terminology for a G45 Gen3/Gen4).  It still looks odd
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 7:53:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By markusej69:
I have a kk e wolf Glock large frame and to me it is a game changer. I have had in the past a grip modified G20 then used a 21SF frame and this one is better hands down. For the 20/21 size guns it makes them feel like a 17 in the hand.
View Quote

Agree. Just took all the factory internals for my gen4 20 over to the Lone Wolf frame. Would not go back. Similar feel to SS and Nomad. All have interchangeable back straps
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 10:34:13 PM EDT
[#36]
I ordered a 19 size Lone Wolf frame and had to many failures to cycle using my factory 19 slide so I sold it (the frame).

I could not live without that grip angle so I just got a 19X size frame from Lone Wolf and had a 50% failure to eject rate on my first trip out.

I figured since my OEM frame is so reliable I would just swap internals. So I hope that works and will report back as soon as I get some rounds through it again in a few days.

I cant stand the 19 frame so this really needs to work before I jump the Glock ship for someone else.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:49:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By BruceLeroy:
I ordered a 19 size Lone Wolf frame and had to many failures to cycle using my factory 19 slide so I sold it (the frame).

I could not live without that grip angle so I just got a 19X size frame from Lone Wolf and had a 50% failure to eject rate on my first trip out.

I figured since my OEM frame is so reliable I would just swap internals. So I hope that works and will report back as soon as I get some rounds through it again in a few days.

I cant stand the 19 frame so this really needs to work before I jump the Glock ship for someone else.
View Quote

What is it you don't like about the Glock frame?  

Keeping holster compatibility with the Glock, there's the Combat Armory G19 frame (frame is fine, don't use their parts) or the new frame from Grit Grips https://shop.gritgrips.com/frames/. It's available stripped or assembled with SCT or OEM Glock parts.  

PSA Dagger feels better than the Glock grip, but you lose some holster compatibility.

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 12:08:18 AM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

Affirmative
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 12:49:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BruceLeroy] [#39]

What is it you don't like about the Glock frame

View Quote

The damn hump. I should have bought a 19x or similar as it fits a bit better with the hump lower.
The thinner grips of the Timberwolf are much nicer for my hands. I broke most of the bones in my strong hand over the years and fitting guns to it is strange.
That said, my 19 has been with me to combat so I will likely never sell it. I just dont love it, at least the frame. Some of the other aftermarket frames are so close to OEM that I see no point.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:52:01 AM EDT
[#40]

The damn hump. I should have bought a 19x or similar as it fits a bit better with the hump lower.
The thinner grips of the Timberwolf are much nicer for my hands. I broke most of the bones in my strong hand over the years and fitting guns to it is strange.
That said, my 19 has been with me to combat so I will likely never sell it. I just dont love it, at least the frame. Some of the other aftermarket frames are so close to OEM that I see no point.
View All Quotes

What is it you don't like about the Glock frame

I believe the SCT19 frames is humpless, and the Shadow Systems has different backstraps that I believe completely change the hump angle.  

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 5:02:52 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DavidY:  What is it you don't like about the Glock frame

Did your contracting company allow you to buy your weapon off em when you got home?  That's pretty neat.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 5:56:09 PM EDT
[#42]

Did your contracting company allow you to buy your weapon off em when you got home?  That's pretty neat.
View Quote

Sure did. I jumped at it for under $400. It is the same brown as all the cool guy brown extended mags some post about. Pretty unique and I have yet to see another like it.

Update on the Lone Wolf...
Called them today and described how bad it was. They are sending a parts kit to replace almost everything on my frame. According to CS they recently update the angle of the ejector and that is likely the problem.
I have read on some of these comments in other threads that they said to shoot some +P to correct it. I asked and was told not to do that. I appreciate that they new people were spreading this around.
I will update once I get the parts installed.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:30:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By naes:

Always looked weird to me but never invested the brain activity to figure out why.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By naes:

They do, in fact, taper going down.
Matches the shortening fingers of the hand.
Grip feels great and points perfectly for me.
I really want to feel a Dusk 19 frame.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:44:00 PM EDT
[#44]

Update on the Lone Wolf...
Called them today and described how bad it was. They are sending a parts kit to replace almost everything on my frame. According to CS they recently update the angle of the ejector and that is likely the problem.
I have read on some of these comments in other threads that they said to shoot some +P to correct it. I asked and was told not to do that. I appreciate that they new people were spreading this around.
I will update once I get the parts installed.
View Quote

Good to hear.  Keep us updated!  
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:45:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By badkarmaiii:

View Quote

I was thinking of the Dusk 19 to get Gen4 magazine release, then Grit Grips showed up.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:58:26 PM EDT
[#46]

I was thinking of the Dusk 19 to get Gen4 magazine release, then Grit Grips showed up.
View All Quotes

The Lone Wolf is Gen 3 or 4 compatible and the grip dimensions look far smaller.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:01:17 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

I sent them an e-mail, Friday night about the when the 17 frame might be coming out, Dusty replied Friday around 10:30PM and said it's on the plan but currently no work on it yet. Pretty awesome he's responding to e-mails on Friday night at 10:30PM.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:04:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Rugby3:

I sent them an e-mail, Friday night about the when the 17 frame might be coming out, Dusty replied Friday around 10:30PM and said it's on the plan but currently no work on it yet. Pretty awesome he's responding to e-mails on Friday night at 10:30PM.
View Quote

He's on the face group all the time.  https://facebook.com/groups/1493715161402454/
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:06:19 PM EDT
[#49]

The Lone Wolf is Gen 3 or 4 compatible and the grip dimensions look far smaller.
View All Quotes

That would be good if you have a Gen4 slide to use, since there are far less options for those (and you can probably get them cheaply).  

Grip thickness is a wash for me, but would matter to some.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 3:53:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Any good options for G40?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top