Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2021 10:47:31 AM EDT
For those of you that AIWB, do you use a wedge or not? If you do, what are you using?
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 1:12:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, mastermind tactics wedges on my Tenicor Malus Sol (Glock 19 or a 1911 Commander).

I'm quite lean and find that without a wedge+good claw, the grip of the pistol can't be rotated in tight enough to conceal as I'd like it. Those with a bit more...cushion may not need it.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 1:28:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, mastermind tactics wedges on my Tenicor Malus Sol (Glock 19 or a 1911 Commander).

I'm quite lean and find that without a wedge+good claw, the grip of the pistol can't be rotated in tight enough to conceal as I'd like it. Those with a bit more...cushion may not need it.
View Quote

Thanks, I was looking at those.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 7:26:54 AM EDT
[#3]
No wedge for me.  I'm pretty lean & I get almost no printing with a g19 in a phlster pro & zero printing with a g48 in a henry holsters flint.  I found that my big variable was making sure the claw was big enough & that I tightened my belt enough.  If I don't tighten my belt nothings going to help.  

The only holster I need to get a wedge for is my JM custom for my g19 w/tlr7a.  For some reason it seems that this one pushes out a little farther than my other holsters.  Only thing I can figure is that due to the width of the holster at the muzzle end is that its hitting my inner thigh & not rotating enough.

OP, at the end of the day you'll need to play around with whatever you're carrying to find what works for your.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 11:31:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I ended up buying a 3 pack of the different mastermind wedges. I'll give them a shot. I'll cut them or whatever. Never used one so we shall see. Bought one of their belts as well.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 7:19:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I use and love the Wedge.  It works great for those with kegs... instead of six packs.

Link Posted: 7/28/2021 8:38:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I was using JMCK wedges but,
switched to Mastermind pillows
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 9:22:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I’m using the tier one wedges. They really shine when carrying with a full size light.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 10:21:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I use the larger wedge with my tier 1 holster. A little awkward at first. Takes a little breaking in, but it will eventually compress a little and works like a charm.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 10:27:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I use a home made wedge on my tier 1 w/sidecar and claw
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 11:21:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Does the wedge help with discomfort from a threaded barrel?

I love my gun and my holster but I’m trying to alleviate some discomfort from the threaded barrel digging into my inner thigh then running my ANR AIWB holster
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top