Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2021 11:50:54 PM EDT
I have an opportunity to buy a Ruger P95 for $400. It would be a private transfer. The pistol is like new in box. It was made in 2012. I don't particularly care about the gun, but I am always looking for a good deal. Thoughts? Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 11:59:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I had one. P95DC. Decock only model.

I hated it. Clunky, heavy, poor trigger.

Only thing I liked about it was no safety and ambidextrous mag release so I could look cool dropping mags with my middle finger.

Unloaded it for $400 and bought a used Glock gen 3 for $350.

This was 15 years ago.

I like Rugers in general just not a fan of the P series autos.

I'd look at a newer generation of Ruger autos if you want a Ruger.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 12:13:06 AM EDT
[#2]
The first firearm I owned was a P85(Same gun, just metal frame) when I was 21.  It was an old beater when I bought it.  It was ugly, heavy, but stupid reliable.  I traded it off a while later when I found our true savior, Glock, but I always wanted to replace it.  I replaced it with a P95 last year because I got a smoking deal on it.  Great gun.

$400 was on a the high side a year ago but I see Hi-points selling for $300 used right now so it's probably an OK price in todays market.  

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/17/2021 12:16:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I have an old p94. Big, blocky and ugly but has never once failed to go boom. Think I paid 400 for it used in Cali.

Boogie
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 8:59:00 AM EDT
[#4]
No not really unless you want to collect it.  Nothing
special it shoots that's about.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 12:05:13 PM EDT
[#5]
They are robust guns and great shooters,in my opinion. They are overbuilt but there is nothing wrong with that for what they are. Price wise, if you like it get it but other than that, there is nothing really special about them, at least for collecting. Prices are everywhere now with guns and there is no rhyme or reason.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 12:52:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I have one and like the others noted it's a tank. But it fits my hand really good and it's as reliable as a stone axe. I will admit I never CCW it, I don't compete with it, and I don't shoot it all that often. But I do keep it in my office.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 9:01:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Not for $400.  But I would buy one at $300.  Actually, saw two on them locally for sale at $500 for both, or $300 each.  
Thought about it, but it's at the bottom of the list.  I actually had one and sold it years ago.  Nothing special.  

I like my SR9 better, some who shot it , felt it was easy to handle and surprisingly accurate.  I would take this over P95 anytime really.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 10:03:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, in the current market you won't find a P95 in that condition w/box for $300.00. Sure, it's somewhat bulky compared to current day offerings but they're accurate enough and dead reliable. If it's as good as you say it is I wouldn't hesitate to buy it for four "bills." I have the .45 version of it (P97DC) and it just runs and runs.

Good luck....
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 1:21:14 PM EDT
[#9]
As everyone else said, they are big, bulky, heavy and ugly but all that aside they are built tough and will likely outlast you.  The days of a $300 P series are over in my opinion and $400 is an acceptable price for one in very good condition.  

Link Posted: 4/3/2021 5:17:21 PM EDT
[#10]
The P series Rugers are tanks, ugly, cumbersome, and will fire any 9mm you can find.  When I was a poor Marine, we used to sneak out to the pistol ranges and look for rounds, we almost always found at least 50 rounds.  Ugly, tarnished, but the Ruger never had an issue firing them.

The Rugers are a solid pistol, grab one if you see one for sale, they just work.

Link Posted: 4/17/2021 8:25:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Ask and you will be given.  Local shop has one P95 SS in excellent condition and one mag for $250 (yes two hundred fifty) posted on line in used section today.  Gonna stop by on Monday, to see if its still there...  but already sent e-mail to owner that I will take it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 9:05:06 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd grab one if it was a good deal, say, $250 or so.  And then I would look for a PC9 to match with it, because that's just how I do things .

As stated, big, overbuilt, old school, but they work.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 11:49:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Keep a blued one by the bedside----still have a NIB stainless one in the safe, bought right as they were discontinued. No need to break it out just yet.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 6:43:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not for $400.  But I would buy one at $300.  Actually, saw two on them locally for sale at $500 for both, or $300 each.  
Thought about it, but it's at the bottom of the list.  I actually had one and sold it years ago.  Nothing special.  

I like my SR9 better, some who shot it , felt it was easy to handle and surprisingly accurate.  I would take this over P95 anytime really.
View Quote

This.  $300 for a P95.  I never liked the P series polymer framed guns. I have a P94 with 9mm and 40 slides, a P93 and P89.  The metal frames bring closer to $400
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 7:35:58 AM EDT
[#15]
>>I have a P94 with 9mm and 40 slides, a P93 and P89<<

And the P93 is the one to have!
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 11:26:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
>>I have a P94 with 9mm and 40 slides, a P93 and P89<<

And the P93 is the one to have!
View Quote

Yes the P93 is one of the harder to find models. The other hard one to find is the P89x.  It is a P89 with a 30 luger conversion barrel  with it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top