Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2020 4:49:40 PM EDT
I've never owned any Beretta pistols (or rifles for that matter) and saw this deal on Classic Firearms for a brand new Beretta M9A3 9mm with light rail, night sights, threaded barrel, and three 17rd magazines for $800. I did some searches and the average price for this pistol was $1,000. Anyway, I was wondering if this pistol accepted the same accessories - magazines and holsters as the regular 92F or older model M9 pistols?
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 5:09:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Magazines, yes. Holsters, most that fit the railed 92/M9 versions should fit.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 5:12:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Check gunprime or even gunbroker for lower prices.

Normal Beretta 92 mags, holsters are a little sketchy between the M9A1's and the M9A3. Some might fit, some might not.

Its just a railed Vertec frame with a 92 slide and replaceable front sight. Nothing earth-shatteringly different from their current offerings,  so the list of unique parts is few and far between.

I really want to pick one up myself.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 5:19:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WIZZO_ARAKM14:
Check gunprime or even gunbroker for lower prices. 

Normal Beretta 92 mags, holsters are a little sketchy between the M9A1's and the M9A3. Some might fit, some might not. 

Its just a railed Vertec frame with a 92 slide and replaceable front sight. Nothing earth-shatteringly different from their current offerings,  so the list of unique parts is few and far between. 

I really want to pick one up myself.
View Quote

And threaded barrel
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 5:33:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

And threaded barrel
View Quote
This is going to be what screws up your holster selection.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 11:02:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By fla556guy:
This is going to be what screws up your holster selection.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fla556guy:
Originally Posted By luckydog1776:

And threaded barrel
This is going to be what screws up your holster selection.

I purchased a Galco Jackass Rig shoulder holster made for the Beretta M9 and it was super tight, but, I was able to get the snap to finally reach together and close. I let it set/stretch for an hour and viola! It now fits. No problem with the extended threaded barrel either. I also ordered an Alien Gear Shape Shift OWB Slide holster which appears to have an open bottom that the extended barrel can fit through. So, as far as holsters I'm going to be covered. If I really want a covered end holster, I can always buy a regular spare barrel.

I ordered and got in 3 30rd magazines and they fit perfectly. I've placed an order for 4 more as well as 4 more regular 17 rd sand resistant magazines. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet and I'm starting to like this gun. Now, if I can only find some smooth, polished Cocobolo grips with the gold Beretta medallions. I found the medallions for sale on the Beretta website, but, out of stock. I can't find any smooth Cocobolo wood grips for this pistol, but, I did find a custom wood grip maker that can make them with prices up around $700-$800. When I shoot it, if I still like it I might consider it. Everyone else that sells the much cheaper pre-made grips that fit this gun don't make smooth wood grips for this model. Neither does Altamont Grips.

I just tried my Silencerco Osprey suppressor and it fits, but, the back end of it is too close to the recoil spring guide rod which comes out of the hole and hits the back of the Osprey and won't allow the slide to travel far enough back to chamber a round or just pull the slide back far enough to lock it open. It works fine on my CZ 75 with extended threaded barrel. I may have to see if I can find a longer threaded barrel for the M9A3.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 10:37:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Gunbroker has M9A3 pistols for only $700 or so but most are black and not fde.

I was looking at getting a M9A3 recently but I didn't see myself getting a can in the future, although it would be cool, so I decided on the 92X. The 92X offers a lot of the same options as the M9A3 and now they are only $598.00.  The only thing besides the threaded barrel it doesn't have are night sights. It is nice they are having options with Beretta pistols and prices are getting better.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 1:19:32 PM EDT
[#7]
M9A3 made in Italy is well worth it.  How's the QC from TN made 92X?  There was a post about a M92A1 with a terrible finished barrel recently from TN.  Inspect before you buy.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 1:42:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By INV136:

I purchased a Galco Jackass Rig shoulder holster made for the Beretta M9 and it was super tight, but, I was able to get the snap to finally reach together and close. I let it set/stretch for an hour and viola! It now fits. No problem with the extended threaded barrel either. I also ordered an Alien Gear Shape Shift OWB Slide holster which appears to have an open bottom that the extended barrel can fit through. So, as far as holsters I'm going to be covered. If I really want a covered end holster, I can always buy a regular spare barrel.

I ordered and got in 3 30rd magazines and they fit perfectly. I've placed an order for 4 more as well as 4 more regular 17 rd sand resistant magazines. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet and I'm starting to like this gun. Now, if I can only find some smooth, polished Cocobolo grips with the gold Beretta medallions. I found the medallions for sale on the Beretta website, but, out of stock. I can't find any smooth Cocobolo wood grips for this pistol, but, I did find a custom wood grip maker that can make them with prices up around $700-$800. When I shoot it, if I still like it I might consider it. Everyone else that sells the much cheaper pre-made grips that fit this gun don't make smooth wood grips for this model. Neither does Altamont Grips.

I just tried my Silencerco Osprey suppressor and it fits, but, the back end of it is too close to the recoil spring guide rod which comes out of the hole and hits the back of the Osprey and won't allow the slide to travel far enough back to chamber a round or just pull the slide back far enough to lock it open. It works fine on my CZ 75 with extended threaded barrel. I may have to see if I can find a longer threaded barrel for the M9A3.
View Quote

Silencerco makes a specific/extended 1/2x28 piston for the osprey/beretta. I run my osprey 45 on my M 9A3.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 8:21:42 PM EDT
[#9]
No issue with my 92X. Everything looks good and fits perfectly. I know the M9A3 Tn. versions had some issues but I think they fixed the issue with the 92X.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 8:31:21 PM EDT
[#10]
OP, you're really going to enjoy shooting it.  They're nice.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 3:38:13 AM EDT
[#11]
I got mine from lockedloaded.com for $783 shipped to IL. There was another deal going on gunprime at the time for $749 shipped.

Checkout what the price of Classic is after taxes and shipping? Could be more than $800. Anything under or near $800 I would say grab it if you want it now.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 2:08:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Gunbroker has M9A3 pistols for only $700 or so but most are black and not fde.

I was looking at getting a M9A3 recently but I didn't see myself getting a can in the future, although it would be cool, so I decided on the 92X. The 92X offers a lot of the same options as the M9A3 and now they are only $598.00.  The only thing besides the threaded barrel it doesn't have are night sights. It is nice they are having options with Beretta pistols and prices are getting better.
View Quote

I checked around and I don't think the $700 M9A3 pistols have night sights. All of the ones that I found with night sights were selling for $900/lowest price. I just checked Gunbroker and the prices were about $750 and they were all "starting bid" prices, not "Buy Now" prices.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 2:10:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Silencerco makes a specific/extended 1/2x28 piston for the osprey/beretta. I run my osprey 45 on my M 9A3.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Originally Posted By INV136:

I purchased a Galco Jackass Rig shoulder holster made for the Beretta M9 and it was super tight, but, I was able to get the snap to finally reach together and close. I let it set/stretch for an hour and viola! It now fits. No problem with the extended threaded barrel either. I also ordered an Alien Gear Shape Shift OWB Slide holster which appears to have an open bottom that the extended barrel can fit through. So, as far as holsters I'm going to be covered. If I really want a covered end holster, I can always buy a regular spare barrel.

I ordered and got in 3 30rd magazines and they fit perfectly. I've placed an order for 4 more as well as 4 more regular 17 rd sand resistant magazines. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet and I'm starting to like this gun. Now, if I can only find some smooth, polished Cocobolo grips with the gold Beretta medallions. I found the medallions for sale on the Beretta website, but, out of stock. I can't find any smooth Cocobolo wood grips for this pistol, but, I did find a custom wood grip maker that can make them with prices up around $700-$800. When I shoot it, if I still like it I might consider it. Everyone else that sells the much cheaper pre-made grips that fit this gun don't make smooth wood grips for this model. Neither does Altamont Grips.

I just tried my Silencerco Osprey suppressor and it fits, but, the back end of it is too close to the recoil spring guide rod which comes out of the hole and hits the back of the Osprey and won't allow the slide to travel far enough back to chamber a round or just pull the slide back far enough to lock it open. It works fine on my CZ 75 with extended threaded barrel. I may have to see if I can find a longer threaded barrel for the M9A3.

Yeah, I did some research and found this. I have an order placed for a extended piston listed as 1/2 X 28 XL. The factory website did not have any of these, but, I found some on a retailer's website.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 2:11:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
No issue with my 92X. Everything looks good and fits perfectly. I know the M9A3 Tn. versions had some issues but I think they fixed the issue with the 92X.
View Quote

The dealer listed my M9A3 as made in Italy.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 2:15:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I got mine from lockedloaded.com for $783 shipped to IL. There was another deal going on gunprime at the time for $749 shipped.

Checkout what the price of Classic is after taxes and shipping? Could be more than $800. Anything under or near $800 I would say grab it if you want it now.
View Quote

I purchased the pistol for $799.99 + $99.30 for 3 30rd magazines + $24 shipping + $76.19 tax. Its' still cheaper than several other dealers that I searched online. Some others matched the $800 price, but, theirs lacked the night sights which are easily an extra $100.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 2:23:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was astonished that you bought yours that much cheaper than what I paid. I clicked on your link to Locked and Loaded and I found my M9A3 and their price isn't $783, it's $998.  

See for yourself model J93M9A3MO   UPC 082442894683
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 12:15:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I was astonished that you bought yours that much cheaper than what I paid. I clicked on your link to Locked and Loaded and I found my M9A3 and their price isn't $783, it's $998.  

See for yourself model J93M9A3MO   UPC 082442894683
View Quote

If you add it to your cart it’s actually cheaper than the MAP price.  This is the model I want.  It’s currently $819.  Just snapped this pic a minute ago.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/26/2020 11:29:38 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm satisfied with my $799.99 price. Both charge shipping and I imagine that this company probably also charges state sales tax like Classic charged. So, I still came out better at $19 less.

My Silencerco Osprey extended piston came in today. I couldn't get the collar onto this new piston because it was super tight. I had to use a rubber mallet and hammer down the collar to fit onto the new piston. I may not be able to get it off, but, my Osprey is .40 caliber (when I had a .40 caliber pistol) which I bought to use on my 9mm pistols as well, and I will just use it solely on my 9mm pistols.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 2:44:37 PM EDT
[#19]
I got mine over 4 years ago - when they very, very first came out. Mine is from the 1 batch they made at the MD plant before they moved to TN. Back then, they were $999. So, prices are much cheaper now.

Link Posted: 6/6/2020 4:09:36 PM EDT
[#20]
The batch that I bought from were made in Italy. I noticed that yours has the regular looking 92 grip style that is rounded and mine has the Vertec  style flat grip. I wonder why they made the grip change?  I checked the prices on these and the retail is about $1,100 with most dealers selling them for about $900. Mine was one of the very few that I found for $799.99.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 12:19:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The batch that I bought from were made in Italy. I noticed that yours has the regular looking 92 grip style that is rounded and mine has the Vertec  style flat grip. I wonder why they made the grip change?  I checked the prices on these and the retail is about $1,100 with most dealers selling them for about $900. Mine was one of the very few that I found for $799.99.
View Quote

If you have a M9A3, you should know that it comes with the conversion grip. I do not like the Vertec grip, personally.

The conversion grip makes it have the traditional Beretta grip.

And yea - they all are made in Italy now - the TN plant has been dealing with some growing pains after they moved. After some issues, they started making all the M9A3s currently  sold in Italy
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 1:39:29 AM EDT
[#22]
I thought I would shoot better with the Vertec style grip but ended up putting the bigger grips on.
Lots of other pistols I actually shoot better with smaller grips.

Did I already bitch about having to send my m9a3 back because the threads were not even close?

Would sure like a 92x comp or tactical whatever they call it.
Prolly too cheap to pay the price.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 8:32:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

If you have a M9A3, you should know that it comes with the conversion grip. I do not like the Vertec grip, personally.

And yea - they all are made in Italy now - the TN plant has been dealing with some growing pains after they moved. After some issues, they started making all the M9A3s currently  sold in Italy
View Quote

Is that a recent thing? Because you can certainly find both product codes in stock. J92M9A3GM is the Italian FDE M9A3, JS92M9A3GM is the TN gun. The S as the second letter in the product code denotes US made. Another thing, only FDE M9A3s are made in both countries. Any other colors will all be Italian made.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 10:00:08 AM EDT
[#24]
The M9A3 is phenomenal, you will love it.

My only complaint is that one of the tubes on my rear night sight has popped out and now I have to repair it. I've only shot maybe 500 rounds through it, and that shouldn't have happened.

Link Posted: 6/7/2020 9:22:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Is that a recent thing? Because you can certainly find both product codes in stock. J92M9A3GM is the Italian FDE M9A3, JS92M9A3GM is the TN gun. The S as the second letter in the product code denotes US made. Another thing, only FDE M9A3s are made in both countries. Any other colors will all be Italian made.
View Quote

It is my understanding that they moved the M9A3 to Italian production because of problems with the TN plant. There were some TN made ones, however. Maybe it is new old stock. Or, maybe they are cranking them out in TN still.

EVeryone of them I see now seems to be made it Italy. So, the TN made ones are probably new old stock.

I did previously have a 2nd one - it was a TN made one. I sold it later, but I've kept my very 1st one (the MD made one).

The Italian ones do not have the same night sights. I like that the one I have had silver rings around the tritium on the rear sight, and a white ring around the front tritium. That makes it MUCH easier to shoot at my dark, indoor range.

Now, the Italian ones come with silver rings around all 3 tritium dots. I don't like that. Harder to see the front dot in a dark range. Springfield 1911 night sights have the silver rings too - I've always hated that.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 2:36:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Initially, I didn't care for it either.  You've definitely been around the Beretta block, but I discovered it had more to do with the skinny rubber panels.  I put on some G10 grips from Stoner CNC and it made a huge difference in feel.  Still feels a little slimmer over the classic 92 grip, but not the awkward feel of the Vertec.

Matt Stoner is a good dude as well. https://www.stonercnc.com/beretta-pt92-g10grips

Accokeek M9A3 checking in!
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 3:36:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Initially, I didn't care for it either.  You've definitely been around the Beretta block, but I discovered it had more to do with the skinny rubber panels.  I put on some G10 grips from Stoner CNC and it made a huge difference in feel.  Still feels a little slimmer over the classic 92 grip, but not the awkward feel of the Vertec.

Matt Stoner is a good dude as well. https://www.stonercnc.com/beretta-pt92-g10grips

http://www.findsman.com/arfcom/m9a3.jpg

View Quote
Dang those grips look real nice
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 7:05:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great gun but still didnt like the vertec grip with the stoners. If i get another one ill get the g10 conversion grip because i didn't like the rubber ones.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 9:16:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, I have shot mine with and without the conversion grip. I just don't shoot it as well the Vertec grip. I even bought a Vertec when they came out - back in 04 or so... (whenever they first came out)
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 10:44:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I saw those rubber grips in the box and didn't know they were conversion grips . I thought they mistakenly put a pair of 92 rubber grips in the box by mistake. I tried them and like the fell better. But I just don't like rubber grips that much. Do regular 92 grips fit this Vertec grip of my M9A3? If so, I might buy a pair of 92 wood grips for it.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 6:37:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yeah, I saw those rubber grips in the box and didn't know they were conversion grips . I thought they mistakenly put a pair of 92 rubber grips in the box by mistake. I tried them and like the fell better. But I just don't like rubber grips that much. Do regular 92 grips fit this Vertec grip of my M9A3? If so, I might buy a pair of 92 wood grips for it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

G10 conversion grips

Ill get another A3 someday and use these grips.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 10:42:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Regular Vertec grips will fit your M9A3.

There are only TWO conversion grips at the moment. Beretta sells both. The rubber M9A3 grip, and the conversion grip that they sell with the new 92X series (the guy above me posted the link for them on the Beretta USA website). You can probably also post a WTB ad at the Beretta Forum. Someone with a 92X will probably sell you theirs.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 12:20:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

There are only TWO conversion grips at the moment. Beretta sells both. The rubber M9A3 grip, and the conversion grip that they sell with the new 92X series (the guy above me posted the link for them on the Beretta USA website). You can probably also post a WTB ad at the Beretta Forum. Someone with a 92X will probably sell you theirs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just went to the Beretta site and ordered the pair of wooden Beretta conversion grips with the Beretta medallions. I'd really prefer smooth wood grips and have checked around on sites like Altamont Grips and others and nobody makes smooth wood grips for the M9A3. Altamont did send me an e-mail and said they would contact me in the future if they started offering smooth wood Beretta M9A3 grips.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 1:00:17 AM EDT
[#34]
I traded into a new M9A3 early in the lockdown. It's an Italian made one in FDEand Black.
When the guy first sent me photos asking if I was interested, I almost told him "no" because the color combo doesn't look good in photos. But the deal was too good to pass up and I'm so glad I didn't pass cause I love the look of the gun in person.
I think my son loves it more than me so I've told him he can have it as soon as he gets me an OD Green M9A3
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:00:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I just went to the Beretta site and ordered the pair of wooden Beretta conversion grips with the Beretta medallions. I'd really prefer smooth wood grips and have checked around on sites like Altamont Grips and others and nobody makes smooth wood grips for the M9A3. Altamont did send me an e-mail and said they would contact me in the future if they started offering smooth wood Beretta M9A3 grips.
View Quote

Are you sure they are CONVERSION grips? Conversion grips wrap around the back. That is how they convert.

I just went and looked at Beretta USA site - because there are only 2 "conversion grips" that I know of. The M9A3 and the 92X conversions. See these:   https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/m9a3-vertec-g10-wraparound-gri-m9a3-vertec/eu00083/ and https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/m9a3-black-wraparound-grips-m9a3/jgm9a3lb/

I was not aware of a wooden conversion grip - so, I just went and looked at the Beretta USA website. All I see are normal, curved Beretta 92FS style grips. They are plain grip panels. If you ordered that, it will not work like you think it will.

Do you have a link to what you ordered?
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 2:28:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Are you sure they are CONVERSION grips? Conversion grips wrap around the back. That is how they convert.

I just went and looked at Beretta USA site - because there are only 2 "conversion grips" that I know of. The M9A3 and the 92X conversions. See these:   https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/m9a3-vertec-g10-wraparound-gri-m9a3-vertec/eu00083/ and https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/m9a3-black-wraparound-grips-m9a3/jgm9a3lb/

I was not aware of a wooden conversion grip - so, I just went and looked at the Beretta USA website. All I see are normal, curved Beretta 92FS style grips. They are plain grip panels. If you ordered that, it will not work like you think it will.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My mistake it wasn't wood it is G10. The picture looked like wood and I ordered a set. Supposed to arrive today.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 3:01:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Got the new grips and installed them. Look good, but, I really would prefer polished, smooth wood grips. Finally got to go to the range. Test fired it with 17rd magazines and one 30rd magazine for function testing. All fired without issue. The only thing I would complain about is the DA trigger pull. It could be a lot smoother, lighter, and shorter. I may eventually try to find a gunsmith that can fix it. I also have gotten shoulder and belt holsters and magazine pouches and am good to go for carry if I decide to carry it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top