Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2020 11:17:55 AM EDT
PSA's "weekend deal" price is $289 + tax and shipping and transfer fee and no rebate.

I'm glad I got several when the going was good.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 11:21:06 AM EDT
[#1]
They never fit my hand right. I got one of them for my dad back during the $50 rebate days.

Got it for like $159.

Neat gun just not for me. Mrs. G and I have G43s
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 11:51:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't expect to see any more "Blow Out Gun Deals" until this is all long over - every Tom & Dick & Harriet who didn't own a gun before, has been flooding the shops buying up WHATEVER they have in inventory "just to have one"...

Couple that Huge Sales Surge with the Pre-Election Scares of Democrats winning... (Elections are just around the corner and the Democrats have announced to everyone that they plan to publically rape the 2nd Amendment & Gun Owners, and that equals that the "Deals" are D-O-N-E until after the Corona Virus & Democrats are BOTH beaten...

The Shield with the specials was ABSOLUTELY the best deal out there on a quality firearm - EVER!   Bought several for myself & daughters & coulnd't be happier for what I got especially compared to what I paid...

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 2:27:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't expect to see any more "Blow Out Gun Deals" until this is all long over - every Tom & Dick & Harriet who didn't own a gun before, has been flooding the shops buying up WHATEVER they have in inventory "just to have one"...

Couple that Huge Sales Surge with the Pre-Election Scares of Democrats winning... (Elections are just around the corner and the Democrats have announced to everyone that they plan to publically rape the 2nd Amendment & Gun Owners, and that equals that the "Deals" are D-O-N-E until after the Corona Virus & Democrats are BOTH beaten...

The Shield with the specials was ABSOLUTELY the best deal out there on a quality firearm - EVER!   Bought several for myself & daughters & coulnd't be happier for what I got especially compared to what I paid...

BIGGER_HAMMER
View Quote

in a nutshell
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 2:31:20 PM EDT
[#4]
$210 PSA Shield master race checking in

Not my favorite gun, but I've never had an issue with mine and they are great for summer carry
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 11:24:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Greatest handgun bargain ever.  Nothing like a high quality handgun that's also expendable because of the price.

If you didn't get several while they were almost giving them away, well, that's on you.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 9:46:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I like my Walther PPS M2 more, and carry it more, but I'm really glad a got a 9mm and .45 Shield when they were "inexpensive."
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 1:59:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:58:50 PM EDT
[#8]
$280 and free shipping at SMGA is about as good as it gets these days. The $50 rebate was killer while it lasted.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 3:25:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
$210 PSA Shield master race checking in

Not my favorite gun, but I've never had an issue with mine and they are great for summer carry
View Quote

favorite compared ot what? its utilitarian and for that, i thikn it could be a "utilitatian favorite"

like vise grips or your old truck, its not pretty or pride inducing, but they are

-cheap
-dependable
-accurate
-cheap
-light weight
-cheap
-thin profile (although silly as i think they missed the 365 boat with their mags... they wasted lots of space in the grip frame, imho)
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 3:27:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Greatest handgun bargain ever.  Nothing like a high quality handgun that's also expendable because of the price.

If you didn't get several while they were almost giving them away, well, that's on you.
View Quote

this post nails it
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 4:22:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Love my Shield’s but prefer carrying my P365 more.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 4:23:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Love my Shield’s but prefer carrying my P365 more.  
https://i.ibb.co/C7nHx10/603-AED70-54-AD-4-EDB-851-B-0-BFEBB498-BF6.jpg
View Quote

What's that slipover grip on the Shield?
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 4:28:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

What's that slipover grip on the Shield?
View Quote

https://www.hogueinc.com/handgun-grips/handall-grip-sleeves/beavertail/s-w-m-p-shield-9mm-40-ruger-lc9-ec9
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 5:06:00 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm a bigger fan of the recently released  M&P 2.0 subcompact in 9mm. 2x 12 rounders, 2x mag sleeves for 17rounders.  Only slightly chunkier then my shield. Fits all the holsters I have for my full size.

I love it so much I'm dumping my gen1 .40 shield
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 5:18:13 PM EDT
[#15]
I just sold my shield to a guy for $350. It was brand new still. Bought it super cheap with the rebate, I never liked it compared to my kahr I edc.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 9:32:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

favorite compared ot what? its utilitarian and for that, i thikn it could be a "utilitatian favorite"

like vise grips or your old truck, its not pretty or pride inducing, but they are

-cheap
-dependable
-accurate
-cheap
-light weight
-cheap
-thin profile (although silly as i think they missed the 365 boat with their mags... they wasted lots of space in the grip frame, imho)
View Quote
Compared to a G26

I don't shoot the shield as well. Trigger is meh (some argue the same about the Glock). Less capacity.
Just my opinion. Again not my favorite but I carry mine regularly
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 3:44:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Currently the best deal on a Shield that I can find is SMGA. $289 free ship no tax. This is the thumb safety model.

PSA has same price but you have to pay shipping and any applicable sales tax.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 8:36:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm a bigger fan of the recently released  M&P 2.0 subcompact in 9mm. 2x 12 rounders, 2x mag sleeves for 17rounders.  Only slightly chunkier then my shield. Fits all the holsters I have for my full size.

I love it so much I'm dumping my gen1 .40 shield
View Quote

Used to own a couple of Shields and it's a great single-stack but I EDC the M&P 1.0 subcompact 12rd 9mm just as easily (YMMV). If I need deep concealment then it's a Ruger LCP-II holstered in my back pocket.

Tomac
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 6:01:46 PM EDT
[#19]
I have one I got when they came out and it was a good gun at $379. It’s a great gun under $300. I am contemplating letting mine go, I’d like to try the G43X. My wife has a G43, and it’s great, but I like a little more grip and capacity for a primary carry.

The Shield is definitely a “buy it cheap, stack it deep” piece. It’s not a G19 or a full size service pistol, but it’s not leaving a lot on the table compared to other budget carry guns of the past. It blew the Kahr’s out of the water when it came out. I was able to talk my uncle in to buying a few and he had NO HANDGUNS. He was wanting a Kimber, but he has been super happy with the Shields!
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 7:19:48 PM EDT
[#20]
If we don`t take the time to come out and VOTE , they will tax the shit out of you , then kiss your stuff good buy .That is what the rotten dem`s will do .
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 12:30:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Anyone have any idea (or better yet, read anything official/authoritative) about *why* they were ever so cheap?

Was it accidental overproduction by Smith? (seems unlikely)

Was it a deliberate strategy on their part?

Don’t get me wrong... I loved it. Just wondering whether it was some accident of history, or on purpose.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 10:33:43 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm hoping they do another run of rebates for the shield 2.0 in the future. I got one of the first gens during the rebates but it had the manual safety (which I don't prefer) and ended up trading it with the thought that I'd get the 2.0 (no safety). The 2.0 grip texture feels like a huge improvement in my hands. Held onto all my extra shield mags to use later
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 11:15:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Bud's is currently selling Gen 1s with MTS for $306 but there is a catch: you have to be a "Team Buds" member to qualify to buy it. That's another $30.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 11:37:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Anyone have any idea (or better yet, read anything official/authoritative) about *why* they were ever so cheap?

Was it accidental overproduction by Smith? (seems unlikely)

Was it a deliberate strategy on their part?

Don’t get me wrong... I loved it. Just wondering whether it was some accident of history, or on purpose.
View Quote

@shooter_tx

Not an expert but here is my "101" version:

Many distributors were stuck with huge quantities of bought-in inventory because a Hillary win was anticipated. Adding to the mess were several very large national distributors who were taken over by vulture capitalists and forced to buy inventory/assets from other failing distributors. An example is the now-defunct Ellett Brothers in Chapin SC. There were others, of course (AcuSport).

And then there's the "Trump Slump". More of a dip in demand than a real slump even a small percentage reflects thousand or tens of thousands of firearms. For lack of a better term it's been a race to the bottom as manufacturers have to cut prices or merge or face closure. It's not that no one's been purchasing firearms...it's oversaturation. That, or myopic marketing (example is Colt).

Of course the COVD19 thing has now caused the opposite: inventory is being panic purchased and inventory cannot be replaced fast enough to meet demand.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top