Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/5/2018 8:06:20 PM EDT
I know Taurus has or had a habit of copying the guns of major other manufacturers; e.g.: the PT-22 is just an inexpensive Beretta.  Is the 605 revolver a copy of something else?

I have a ported 605 and I'm wondering what holsters might fit it that are actually made for the gun the 605 is based on.  Just trying to broaden my holster options.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 10:44:05 PM EDT
[#1]
It's the same size as a Taurus 85 isn't it?  Some J frame holsters will work with the older 85s, some won't- I don't know about the newer guns.  I've heard some of the Ruger SP101 holsters will work as well.

Just use the different companies holster finders- Galco for example list a bunch of holsters when you put Taurus 605 in their finder.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 7:40:51 AM EDT
[#2]
most revolver holsters seem pretty accepting of various brands.  Not kydex of course, but kydex and a revolver is IMHO

Or just order this:
85/605 IWB holster injection molded
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 10:14:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had good luck with J frame holsters for my 605.
A Barami Hip Grip and a Tyler T Grip with a Ranger band works pretty good too.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 9:44:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top