Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2018 12:55:07 PM EDT
I ordered a comp from them in October and it was back ordered. I talked with Matt from TBRC in the beginning of Nov. Now his and their customer service email come back as undeliverable. I tired to call them today at 361-594-4100 and that number says it cannot receive calls. Does anyone have any other contact info for this company?
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 1:42:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Their website came up.

Was your C.C. charged???

If so, I'd start getting a bit concerned.

I'd give them a day or two to see if they are having some phone issues, but after that I'd call the C.C. company and file a complaint.  
Give them the phone# and email you tried to contact them on and tell them it appears as if they have shut down ops, have charged your card and not delivered the product.

Hopefully, another member here has a update on them and there is a simple explanation.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 1:48:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes my card was charged. I just talked to my bank about getting my money back if I do not hear from TBRC.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 1:25:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd keep trying. I dealt with them pretty soon after they got hit hard by a hurricane last year. They were awesome to deal with.

Eta: Here is a reddit thread on the subject: Link.

And I cannot find them on FB or IG now. Their website is up, but everything is listed as out of stock. Not good signs...
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 5:05:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Their name is a RIP off of BRCC.  I'd be shocked if they didnt owe a good third (or more) of their business to their name alone.

Sorry OP, hope you get this resolved
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 5:08:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I made a post about them in GD a few weeks back and I got no replies. I wondered the same thing when I no longer saw their IG page up. To me it looks like they are done, but I hope that's not the case.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 5:53:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I found This.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 11:22:42 PM EDT
[#7]
That is what I feared. They are just down the road from our ranch, I even stopped by once and checked out their place. They seemed like okay guys. This kind of thing has become a lot more prevalent as of late and more-so even in another hobby/industry I participate in. Shit happens, but communication is key, taking peoples money with no reply and continuing to take money and orders even after the point that they know they won't be doing any further business is flat out criminal. I am not sure why so many think this is a viable avenue to take but sadly it's becoming a lot more common than I ever thought possible. I hope those involved get all of their money back.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 10:06:58 AM EDT
[#8]
I placed an order in Sept, emailed them in Oct and was told they are still working on them, I tried to contact them via phone and email this week and neither work. I just did a charge back on my card.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 10:29:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Glad I bought one of their .40 comps before all of this went down.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 8:39:31 PM EDT
[#10]
glad I went with arc division for my rolandish build.  I looked real hard at this company.

sounds like they went belly up.  who keeps charging customers for months without any products?

where are they located?   361 area is corpus/Victoria/pt lavaca
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 1:42:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
glad I went with arc division for my rolandish build.  I looked real hard at this company.

sounds like they went belly up.  who keeps charging customers for months without any products?

where are they located?   361 area is corpus/Victoria/pt lavaca
View Quote
Arc Division comp is solid, love mine
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 6:19:56 PM EDT
[#12]
This kind of stuff pisses me off....I had lost $70 years back, made a small order,  company charged my card, no delivery....took me a while, but got a reverse charge.

I just called the number and like said above, not taking calls.

These asshats need to go to jail for taking people's money
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 4:31:19 PM EDT
[#13]
A little info on the owner of TBRC for those of you who lost money or still have outstanding orders. His name is John Harrington, he moved to the Shiner, TX area from California about six years ago with the business. Shiner is a town of roughly 2,000 people, so everyone knows everybody whether you like it or not and he's an outsider not originally being from the area or having family in the area.

Everyone around town knows who he is and they have all distanced themselves from him and basically disowned the guy. Back around Thanksgiving he was in one of the local bars trying to fight people. If you have an open order and can't get him to reply to calls or emails the local authorities request that you contact the Shiner Police Department at 361-594-2831 and file/report a complaint.

I hope that this info helps those of you who have been taken by this $hit bag.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 12:42:15 AM EDT
[#14]
I have a micro comp for 9mm that you can have for free if you want OP.

Just send me a PM if you're interested.

It's still on a gun I'm just thinking about taking it off cause I don't have a real use for it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 10:40:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
A little info on the owner of TBRC for those of you who lost money or still have outstanding orders. His name is John Harrington, he moved to the Shiner, TX area from California about six years ago with the business. Shiner is a town of roughly 2,000 people, so everyone knows everybody whether you like it or not and he's an outsider not originally being from the area or having family in the area.

Everyone around town knows who he is and they have all distanced themselves from him and basically disowned the guy. Back around Thanksgiving he was in one of the local bars trying to fight people. If you have an open order and can't get him to reply to calls or emails the local authorities request that you contact the Shiner Police Department at 361-594-2831 and file/report a complaint.

I hope that this info helps those of you who have been taken by this $hit bag.
View Quote
Is this dude behind the new comp company Herrington Arms?

They popped up in October .....

https://instagram.com/herrington_arms?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=iubjysf69tdu
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 10:56:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Don’t take this as jumping to conclusions but the comps do look similar.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 11:28:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Is this dude behind the new comp company Herrington Arms?

They popped up in October .....

https://instagram.com/herrington_arms?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=iubjysf69tdu
View Quote
Good question. Very similar look, name is the same, hmmmm. All I know is that the local authorities said he was being investigated and watched by others outside of the local area as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top