Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2021 8:05:29 PM EDT
I picked up a 43X MOS today and need to order a holster. I've been looking at Tenicore and G-code, not interested in vedder etc., no light-gun only. I'm looking for first hand knowledge in the two holsters listed holsters. I'm leaning towards the g-code stelth, not for the fuzzy outside but overall holster and mainly the belt clip. Thanks

https://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/phenom-stealth-blue-moclaw/

https://tenicor.com/collections/glock-holsters/products/certum3-iwb-holster-for-glock?variant=31965185114187
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 8:59:23 PM EDT
[#1]
CERTUM 3 is a beast. I carry my 43x in a CERTUM 3 and it disappears. VERY comfortable in the appendix position with a crossbreed leather gun belt. the claw/ camber bar is easily removed for strong side / behind the hip carry. You can't go wrong with Tenicor. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 8:36:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Primarily run Tenicor if I can and I use to run G-code as well. I never had an issue with the Gcode INCOG, however the Tenicor is better and faster to ship.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 2:52:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I have an INCOG holster from G-Code that I’ve used for years and love. So much so that when I got a G48 I called up G-Code to order one for that gun. The customer service was so bad they burnt me for life… As such my answer is, any other quality holster made by someone other than G-Code.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 3:46:30 PM EDT
[#4]
After doing more research and watching videos between the two I’m going to order the certum3. I like the g-code  but I don’t care for the exposed end of the slide. I know they make the speed but I’m gonna try the tenicore. Has anyone tried they’ll snaps or does everyone go with the metal clips?
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 4:47:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
After doing more research and watching videos between the two I'm going to order the certum3. I like the g-code  but I don't care for the exposed end of the slide. I know they make the speed but I'm gonna try the tenicore. Has anyone tried they'll snaps or does everyone go with the metal clips?
View Quote
DCC Clips are the way to go. Loops work fine but nothing conceals as well or retains the holster ad well as the discrete carry clips.

Theyre a pain to get on and off but that's kinda the point.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 9:36:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Is the Tenicore made specifically for the 43X or are the making them to 48 length? I'd get one if didn't have the extra length.

I have a couple G-codes for my P365X's the are good, but they do leave a little bit of the trigger guard exposed. Probably not a huge deal, but I prefer the whole trigger guard covered. Especially when going AIWB.

I also have a Vedder light tuck, for my 43X, which is a solid holster.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 10:13:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Is the Tenicore made specifically for the 43X or are the making them to 48 length? I'd get one if didn't have the extra length.

I have a couple G-codes for my P365X's the are good, but they do leave a little bit of the trigger guard exposed. Probably not a huge deal, but I prefer the whole trigger guard covered. Especially when going AIWB.

View Quote

The TENICOR CERTUM 3 is made to G48 Length, which is a strong point in my opinion. The TENICOR VELO 4 is made to 43X length.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 10:13:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I ordered the tenicore certum3 with the dcc's, I think it will be fine. They shipped the holster the next day so I'll get to see soon.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 10:46:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I ordered the tenicore certum3 with the dcc's, I think it will be fine. They shipped the holster the next day so I'll get to see soon.
View Quote

You're going to love it. Once you get it adjusted properly, you'll wear it all day and forget it's there. Congrats
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 10:53:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have a Certum3 for my 43x MOS with a PMM comp. They only make 48 length. You want the longer length, it helps stabilize the short slide and conceals better.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 1:26:31 PM EDT
[#11]
You really couldn’t make a bad decision between either of them. I’ve had a couple g code incogs and they were super comfy. Been running a certum3 lux since March and really like it too. I think it may be even more comfortable and the types of clips they use and adjustability is awesome. Comes with 3 sizes of the cam bars for you to pick from so you don’t have to order extra. Excellent fit and retention. I’d say it’s the best IWB/AIWB holster I’ve ever owned.

Their customer service is amazing too. A few weeks ago I ordered a AIWB from them (Malos I think) for 5” 1911 with X300U and when I received it I tried it and was just too long and too much gun to be in my pants wearing them at my hips like I do. I emailed them explaining that and asked if I could return and the owner himself responded to my email with some chit chat and a return label no questions asked or hesitation. I didn’t expect them to eat return shipping, I was more than willing to send it back on my dime since it was me that it didn’t fit but they paid return shipping anyway. Instead of a refund I just asked for it to be exchanged for a arc lux for G19 and they shipped it out the same day before I had even dropped the holster off going back.

The arc lux came while I was out of town, but I’ve been wearing it for 3 days now and it’s the same quality and comfort as my certum3.

Now if only they’d make a OWB light bearing option for 5” 1911 with light because I’m less than thrilled with the gunfighters holster I ordered for that setup and carried in bear/moose country. That holster had absolutely ZERO retention when I received it, I mean none. Had to heat it up and press in a few areas to give it some retention. I got it so it holds the gun but instead of using a normal belt loop it uses malice clips that are riveted into the holster and they absolutely suck ass. It’s a chore to try to get a 1.5” horse hide belt through them or undo them to slip around the belt and then try to latch on.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 11:55:04 PM EDT
[#12]
I received the holster super quick, like 3 maybe 4 days. I like the holster but I was contemplating ordering the snap loops when I ordered and didn't. Those clips are a pain in the ass but I understand why and I'm going to give it some time. Can't say anything bad at all about the holster or adjustments. Very happy that I chose it. That said, I'm probably going to order a nice leather holster though. I just like leather better and this will hold me over on the long wait. I would buy again.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 9:27:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Those clips do take some getting used to.  Once you figure it out it can be pretty quick.  I do have a question though - I don't like that you can't adjust the height of the claw.  You can adjust the height of the clips to adjust ride height but that seems like it would mess up the belt alignment with the claw.

Have you had a problem with that?  That is why I like the Tier 1 design but can't make up my mind.
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 9:13:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Those clips do take some getting used to.  Once you figure it out it can be pretty quick.  I do have a question though - I don't like that you can't adjust the height of the claw.  You can adjust the height of the clips to adjust ride height but that seems like it would mess up the belt alignment with the claw.

Have you had a problem with that?  That is why I like the Tier 1 design but can't make up my mind.
View Quote

Not one problem on either the CERTUM 3 or the VELO 4.
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 9:29:47 AM EDT
[#15]
OST.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 7:53:50 AM EDT
[#16]
With the DCC clips something I found that seems to help is to take a file and knock the edge off the under hook. Being a stamped product they are a bit sharper than they need to be, I've very slightly rounded the corners and smoothed the lip itself.  The result is a touch easier to latch onto the belt with less scaring if leather or hanging up on the belt.  The filing will take longer than expected as that is some tough ass metal.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 6:50:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for the tip, I'll try filing the under hook. It was was sure messing up a old leather belt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top