Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2022 6:29:47 PM EDT
I’m in the market for a 320 full size and got the check out the VTAC by another member at my range.

I grip module felt nice, I like that I was optics comparable and the rear sight was separate from the plate.

Any cons to this gun? Are there any comparable models I should consider?
I’m not really interested in the X5. This will not be a carry gun but more of a range toy.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:31:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I’m in the market for a 320 full size and got the check out the VTAC by another member at my range.

I grip module felt nice, I like that I was optics comparable and the rear sight was separate from the plate.

Any cons to this gun? Are there any comparable models I should consider?
I’m not really interested in the X5. This will not be a carry gun but more of a range toy.
View Quote

I used to have one. I couldn't find any cons, although some people don't like the busy iron sights. Mine had a Romeo 1 Pro on it.

I traded it for an M18.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:59:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I used to have one. I couldn't find any cons, although some people don't like the busy iron sights. Mine had a Romeo 1 Pro on it.

I traded it for an M18.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/523928/20200728_101637_jpg-2377422.JPG
View Quote

I saw pics of your comped M18 in another thread. Did you trade it specifically to be able to compensate it?
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:12:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got one.

I've since removed the DPP and just run irons, I also run a Wilson Combat grip.

A couple things.  One, the irons are really nice, I love the slightly thinner front sight, but they aren't quite tall enough to witness over any red dot, so they're an expensive and useless set of irons once you put one on.  Two, the X series grip is okay, but you'd probably end up going with a WC grip once you use one of those.

If I was to do it over again, and I knew I was getting a red dot, I'd just get a Pro series that has the same rear sight on the slide.  If you think you're just going to run irons most of the time on this, the I'd get it for the sights.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:22:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've got one.
https://i.imgur.com/B9ZVLBw.jpg
I've since removed the DPP and just run irons, I also run a Wilson Combat grip.

A couple things.  One, the irons are really nice, I love the slightly thinner front sight, but they aren't quite tall enough to witness over any red dot, so they're an expensive and useless set of irons once you put one on.  Two, the X series grip is okay, but you'd probably end up going with a WC grip once you use one of those.

If I was to do it over again, and I knew I was getting a red dot, I'd just get a Pro series that has the same rear sight on the slide.  If you think you're just going to run irons most of the time on this, the I'd get it for the sights.
View Quote

Keep an eye on Holosun's SCS. It's low profile enough to use standard height irons with, and they're supposed to be releasing them for a wide variety of optic cuts. Hopefully P320 ones won't be too far off.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:24:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Keep an eye on Holosun's SCS. It's low profile enough to use standard height irons with, and they're supposed to be releasing them for a wide variety of optic cuts. Hopefully P320 ones won't be too far off.
View Quote

That'd be pretty neat.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 3:01:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a first gen one.  Love it.  It was my EDC for a long time, up until I bough a P365XL.  Put a Wilson grip on it, and it made a great gun even better.  Some people hate the sights, but they grew on me and I like them.  First gen I think is a better looking gun with all the cuts, but the lack of optic plate (or the ability to mill it for one) is definitely a downer.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 7:53:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I saw pics of your comped M18 in another thread. Did you trade it specifically to be able to compensate it?
View Quote

Sorta, I mainly wanted to try it and my buddy offered me a good trade lol. Before I made the trade I was planning on compensating it, because I had a Feauxland G19 built already.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top