Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2023 6:39:26 PM EDT
Cuz I just ordered the 9mm v2 and have never held one or fired one.

Almost all my other HK pistols are light LEM, so I figure I’ll have to do some trigger mods to this.

Tell me why im going to love it and have no regrets!
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 6:43:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I like mine.  If you've never held it you'll be surprised how slim the grip is overall, even with the med. backstrap.

Not a fan of the LEM triggers, so I have a V3 with a lighter mainspring and the extended mag release.  Been 100% reliable for me and easy to shoot.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 12:53:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I nearly bought the 2000sk v2. The trigger reset was a bit too long for me. Went with the p30sk and Vp9sk. I recommend the gray guns srt for the p2000
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 1:25:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm sad I sold mine
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 7:48:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I really like my p30, partly why i bought it over a p2000 in the past was because i wasn’t sure what the p2000 was for.

But now that I have become a dedicated HK fan i just like them all.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 12:41:16 PM EDT
[#5]
P2000 is my EDC. I really like it. It's very accurate, and I like the size. It's a tad smaller than a Glock 19 in most areas, except that the portion of the slide near the frame is a little wider than a G19. I don't have huge hands, but I use the large backstrap because I like the hump, and it makes more room for my support hand on the grip.

I've got the LEM 4.1 trigger in it to reduce some of the take up and the Gray Guns short reset kit to shorten the reset. The Gray Guns reset kit made a world of difference for me. I put it in just about every HK I buy now. Puts the reset point much closer to the actual break point, somewhat similar to a Glock, which makes it much easier to manipulate at speed for me.

I'd also recommend getting some flat magazine floorplates for carry, and installing the HK45 Compact magazine release is a decent upgrade in my opinion.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 11:27:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Most accurate handgun for me by a lot. I have the DA/SA trigger, not sure which variant that is on the P2000. Stock trigger is heavy but smooth. I'm just speculating here but I think the curve on the trigger helps me get a clean pull.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 1:00:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I've got a wide variety of handguns.  Glock, FN, Walther, IWI, Canik, Springfield, CZ, Smith.  If I had to get rid of all of them and could only keep one, it would be my P2000.  Small enough to carry concealed comfortably. Big enough to shoot comfortably.  Accurate and Reliable.   I wish it was optics compatible but I have no other complaints.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 7:54:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Is anyone doing optics cuts on them?  The slide seems to have a lot of meat.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 7:54:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ChickenDaddy] [#9]
Picked it up yesterday and played with the backstraps.

Large just beat out Medium and the other two were eliminated at first feel, although I thought id like XL but it was a definite no go.

The girth and feel of the grip were good dry firing.

Trigger is about what I thought maybe a little heavier uncocked than id like.  Cocked is definitely shootable.

The slide is bulkier than i imagined and it feels very top heavy with unloaded mags.

I think the mag release is way too small.  Easily changed?
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 8:27:13 AM EDT
[#10]
I know a lot of CBP guys were sad they couldn't buy theirs as they switched to Glock
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 12:34:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ChickenDaddy:

I think the mag release is way too small.  Easily changed?
View Quote

The mag release is an easy upgrade to the extended one.  You just pop out the pin behind it and it comes out.  Make sure you're carful and don't lose the little spring in there.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 5:08:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ChickenDaddy] [#12]
Just noticed my HK Elite 45 also has that tiny mag release so im going to need two.

What mag releases do i need and if OOS on HK webstore wheres the next best place to get them?

Will any of these work for both or either pistol?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 5:52:16 PM EDT
[#13]
I used this one. Not sure if the VP9/P30 ones will fit, their trigger guard contour is a bit different.

https://hkparts.net/product/enhanced-magazine-release-black-hk-usp-p2000.htm/
Link Posted: 7/29/2023 2:58:15 PM EDT
[#14]
I’m replacing my G48 with a P2000 V3.
And suggestions for IWB?
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 10:55:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Cant help on the holster, haven’t got that far yet.

HK45c mag release will work but its OOS on HK store so ill wait until it comes back in as its only like $8 compared to the HK parts one at $50
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 7:28:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By FADALdude:
I’m replacing my G48 with a P2000 V3.
And suggestions for IWB?
View Quote

If you don’t have a light G-Code has some good options.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 9:40:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: billbotts] [#17]
Originally Posted By FADALdude:
And suggestions for IWB?
View Quote

My Kydex for the P2000 is the JM Custom Kydex IWB #3, love it.  But sadly he appears to have dropped the P2000 option.

My leather holster is a Privateer Leather "cutthroad" model and I know Wes will still make one for the P2000
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 12:35:09 AM EDT
[#18]
For kydex, Neptune Concealment does various styles with and without a light option.  I have a few of their holsters and they're nice for a simple kydex setup.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 8:14:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Get the Gray gun short reset system.  $100 for a small piece of metal
Makes the very long reset into a medium reset.  I personally do not like the extended mag releases.  I put them on and after shooting with it put back the factory.  The extended mag release bite into my right middle finger.
Link Posted: 8/9/2023 10:14:43 AM EDT
[#20]
I carried a P2000 in 40SW for a long time.  It was a great gun. Similar in size to Glock 19.  The aesthetics aren't as neat as the more modern HKs, but looks aside it is very much like most HKs. I will say I did not like the lack of aggressive checkering on the grip. You may find need to add grip tape or a Hogue HandAll.   I feel the same way about a HK45 Compact.  Same style of "checkering" which is too slick.

The P2000 and P2000SK are great carry guns (especially the current models with a light rail cut that allows use of non HK specific lights ... early models had a USP style rail while current models have a "cross cut" that allows you to bolt on regular lights).  

Regarding LEM, Lite LEM, and V3 ... each person has a preference.  The best HK carry gun I owned was a USP Compact 40 with a Grays Guns worked over Lite LEM.  It was buttery.  Otherwise, I prefer to carry HKs "cocked and locked" which isn't an option on the P2000 models.  It is on the USP, and P-30 series.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 9:52:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Finally shot it today, about 100 rounds.

I shoot it the worst of all my HK’s  

I liked the sights.
Trigger was OK, reset seemed fine to me.  I kept doubling my HK 45 Elite after shooting it.

Its bigger than a Glock 22 which I also brought to the range to shoot.

Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top