Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2020 8:35:58 PM EDT
Just bought a new TX22 and need a OWB kydex holster.
Some say a G19 holster will fit but mine don't seem to work.
Link Posted: 8/23/2020 9:27:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 9:51:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I went with the Forged Tec and so far I'm very happy with it...

and the price is pretty reasonable too... Forge Tec Kydex Outside the Waistband Holster
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 10:17:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I went with the Forged Tec and so far I'm very happy with it...

https://i.imgur.com/rpqU3fr.jpg

and the price is pretty reasonable too... Forge Tec Kydex Outside the Waistband Holster
View Quote

Any idea if this is compatible with the Safariland mounting platform?
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 12:28:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

I do not know? Maybe as it does have a similar 3 hole pattern but I don't have any Safariland mounts to try it and say for sure?
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 11:59:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Any idea if the Forged Tec will take taller front sights?  The new TK sights are a bit taller than factory.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:12:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Any idea if the Forged Tec will take taller front sights?  The new TK sights are a bit taller than factory.
View Quote

I have the TK FO front sight on mine and there is plenty of clearance. There is probably more then enough room for suppressor height sights if you wanted?

ETA - Are you talking about TK's new 'Eagle Eye" setup? I can't swear to be but yes, it should fit no problem. There is a lot of sight clearance with the FT holster
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 11:26:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes.  The new Eagle Eye sights.  Front is pretty tall.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 9:26:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Crappy pic but it should give you a good idea of how much clearance there is (I have TK's standard FO sight on mine)...

Link Posted: 2/6/2021 1:56:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks Airgunner!
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 5:21:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the info on Forged Tec.  Ordered one yesterday.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 11:04:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

@HAGDADDY

FYI - I'll know in a couple of days as I ordered a QLS fork and receiver kit to find out? I've been wanting to setup a "war belt" with a Safariland QLS holster anyway and it would be nice if I can add this as an option. I will report back what I find out?
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 1:41:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 8:26:39 AM EDT
[#14]
@HAGDADDY

I am sorry to report that no, the QLS fork is not directly compatible. The hole spacing is off by a fair amount. That said, if you are willing to modify it, you could probably use one of the existing top holes and drill new hole for the other top screw and run it like that if you're OK with running just the top 2 screws? I only had a few minutes to play with it yesterday but I don't think it could be made to work with all 3 screws?
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 11:31:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Thank you for checking on that.   I was able to contact Paul with Forged Tec, and he said he can make it compatible if you request it.  AND...he's a real person who answers emails in in timely manner so that is a plus as well.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 10:24:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Thank you for checking on that.   I was able to contact Paul with Forged Tec, and he said he can make it compatible if you request it.  AND...he's a real person who answers emails in in timely manner so that is a plus as well.
View Quote

Cool deal!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top