Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2022 9:07:45 AM EDT
Is the TH-9 an evolution of one of their earlier designs?
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 9:57:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I had never seen anything about the TH9 till you posted this thread.  A little search turned up this article about the Taurus 809.  I found another review which stated the TH9 is a refresh of the Taurus 809.   One article mentioned the 809 was a hammer fired version of the striker fired Taurus 24/7.  Taurus is continually changing their product line and it is difficult for me to keep up with all their product changes.   I think this is a reason Taurus has extended service times is because of the number of different firearms they’ve offered over the years.   Taurus discontinued the model 94 22 LR revolvers and no longer supports them.   Unfortunately they’ve discontinued so many models owners are left with no source for parts.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/gun-review-taurus-model-809-9mm/
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 12:06:00 AM EDT
[#2]
The TH-9 is essentially an updated PT809.

I had one for about two years. Not a terrible pistol, decent sights, fully ambi.

However the trigger is gritty and heavy, the finish is pretty thin, and the mags even though they are Mec Gar rattle when full

Still though for a sub-$325 pistol it's not a bad pistol at all
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top