Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2022 5:17:35 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 5:58:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Surprised they didn't make it in .357.  

On plus side this looks to be first Taurus they didn't put a huge logo or silly moniker on.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 6:10:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a flat black hammerless 856 two inch that I bought at a gun show, new, for $220, pre-covid. I did replace the trigger return spring with a lighter one.  at 25 yards you could terrorize clay pigeons and sometimes hit one. good enough. everyone wanted to shoot it.  put a steel clip on it with tape and carried it iwb until a good friend needed a shooter. he`s not a gun guy, so I sold it to him.  it`s never misfired.  replace my Shield, no, but a pretty good option.

$689 for a 856 executive?
don`t think so.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 7:48:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Lol nope. Don't care how good they review it. I guarantee it's gonna be a wet turd.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 9:15:35 PM EDT
[#4]
considering I love my 2" 856 I will be looking for a sale. I am quite happy with the one I have.

never having bought anything by Taurus until last summer I have nothing but good things to say about them. I understand they've had problems in the past but, whatever they were I can find no remnants of them in the two I have.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 10:00:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Surprised they didn't make it in .357.  

On plus side this looks to be first Taurus they didn't put a huge logo or silly moniker on.
View Quote
This.

Make it a regular DA/SA 3" magnum, and I'll at least look at it.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 10:29:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 2:50:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This.

Make it a regular DA/SA 3" magnum, and I'll at least look at it.
View Quote

They're making 3" 605s now I think
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 3:12:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes, the 605 Defender has a 3” barrel.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 11:17:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Handled one of these at NRAAM. Felt very nice and had a pretty good trigger. Wish the front sight were something other than a plain black blade, but you can change it.

Caleb giddings has a review of it on YouTube as well, if you’re interested.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 8:27:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Two summers ago[???] I purchased this Taurus 856 Defender, 3".  $305.00 with the night sight
The DA was a disgraceful 12 lbs, and the SA was gritty.
Took it apart, polished all the mating surfaces, installed a Galloway spring kit, and lubed it with TR25.
Over 1500 trouble free rounds, and zero misfires from the spring kit.
DA is just under 8, and buttery smooth.  SA is a crisp 4.5.
It carries well appendix in a holster I had made for it, and accuracy is acceptable for a 3 inch gun.
With the gun, spring kit, grips and holster, I'm still under 425.00, and it's a helluva more accurate than my 642 ever was.  Fact is, I sold the 642 because I like this so much better.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top