Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/8/2022 2:23:36 AM EDT
I just ordered a Taurus 605 in stainless steel. How happy am I going to be carrying it in my front pocket? Any tips?
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 4:38:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Donut777donut] [#1]
It’s your funeral.

The Taurus 605 is the only revolver I’ve owned that didn’t go bang every time.

I wouldn’t let anyone I like buy a Taurus.

They did warranty it.  After I paid a ton to ship it and waited forever (5-6 months) to get it back, I sold it immediately.

YMMV

ETA: That’s a really heavy gun for front pocket carry.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 6:09:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Mine was great ,very  accurate .
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 9:48:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I dont pocket carry, but With the right pocket you should be gtg. I have had my 605 for about three years and it has run flawlessly after hundreds of rounds fired through it. More enjoyable with 38 +p than 357 mag rounds.
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 6:45:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jte3470] [#4]
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 10:12:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one. Also had the black one but my best friend wanted it after shooting it. Mine has been flawless. Yes, flawless. During Covid lock down i shot it for 3 months and no other pistol/revolver from my other ones. I shot double action only. Well over 1500 rounds. 1000 of them were reloads. Maybe only 150 rounds were .357 though. I was a much better shot after 3 months. I carry a s&w 642 mainly now because it is lighter. Still have the 605 and may carry it some again. I put the full-size hogue black rubber grips on it right away though. Made it much better to shoot. Don’t listen to the people that base these 605s, get one. They are fun to shoot and can make you a better shooter if you practice that double action
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:48:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I switch between my 605 and my S&W 442 for pocket carry. I have only had one issue with my 605 and it was my fault. I broke the firing pin. I was dry fire training like i do with my Glocks, no snap caps. Lessons learned. I ordered a couple of firing pins off of eBay, and fixed it. Now I carry it with confidence.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:08:05 AM EDT
[#7]
A lighter hammer spring helps a lot...
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:59:06 AM EDT
[#8]
I've  had my 605 Stainless for a couple of years now. It's been proven to be 100% dependable and surprisingly accurate.

It is a little bit like a lead anchor, so it might be a little heavy for pocket carry. It probably depends on your size and the pocket you want to carry it in.

There are some good pocket holsters out there that would help hold it in place and distribute the weight rather than just letting in set loose in your pocket. If you are talking about just sticking it in a pocket, I wouldn't.  It wouldn't be long before you wear a hole in it.  A pocket holster is the way to go.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 1:08:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jte3470] [#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By rlbuzz:
I've  had my 605 Stainless for a couple of years now. It's been proven to be 100% dependable and surprisingly accurate.

It is a little bit like a lead anchor, so it might be a little heavy for pocket carry. It probably depends on your size and the pocket you want to carry it in.

There are some good pocket holsters out there that would help hold it in place and distribute the weight rather than just letting in set loose in your pocket. If you are talking about just sticking it in a pocket, I wouldn't.  It wouldn't be long before you wear a hole in it.  A pocket holster is the way to go.
View Quote

I have a barsony holster for it. It rides nice in that holster. I think I'm going to cut the hammer or replace it with an 856 hammer that is cut already. I carry a Smith and Wesson 442 most of the time, but there are times i feel better with a 357 magnum in my pocket.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top