Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2022 3:54:38 PM EDT
Hi guys, any opinions on BHP mags made in Taiwan? Here's a Gunbroker link:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/935203919

I know I could get a new Mec-Gar for about the same price, but I like collecting HP mags made in different countries (provided that they aren't total crap, of course). So far I have HP mags from Italy, Hungary and India; would be cool to add Taiwan to the mix.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 4:27:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Didn't buy them recently but can add this:

a) I couldn't find diddly about the mags after searching exhaustively
b) The seller is good to go; they have been around a long time.
c) The seller sold a lot of Kareen Hi-Powers a while back so they do know the platform.

I found a few MecGars cheaper on GB to meet my needs; didn't buy these. They have them on their website, also, but it's not really any cheaper.  I would just email Robertson's and ask them if you don't find anything else out, and trust their opinion.  They are solid from my past experience.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 5:49:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By GI-45:
Hi guys, any opinions on BHP mags made in Taiwan?
View Quote

I've been a Hi Power collector and shooter since 1980. One thing I've learned is stick to genuine FN, Browning or MecGar magazines.
Anything else is a crapshoot. *And for my Inglis HP's, Inglis marked mags not the Indian Type R knockoffs.

...... but I like collecting HP mags made in different countries ....
View Quote

See this old, but still relevant website:Browning Hi-Power Magazine FAQ for Hi-Power users
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 5:50:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated!

Link Posted: 6/15/2022 9:57:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DogtownTom:

I've been a Hi Power collector and shooter since 1980. One thing I've learned is stick to genuine FN, Browning or MecGar magazines.
Anything else is a crapshoot. *And for my Inglis HP's, Inglis marked mags not the Indian Type R knockoffs.

See this old, but still relevant website:Browning Hi-Power Magazine FAQ for Hi-Power users
View Quote

Thank you for finding that. I have not seen that page in a long time.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 4:49:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Update: I purchased one of these Taiwanese mags and tested it out today, using my FEG Hi-Power. Fired 50 rounds of FMJ through it. Zero misfeeds, locked the slide back when empty every time. I'm satisfied.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top