Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2019 2:15:59 PM EDT
There is a rebate of $50 if you purchase a TX22 from July 1 to September 30.

I am pretty happy with mine but unfortunately I purchased in June so the rebate doesn’t apply to me.
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 2:24:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the heads up OP. We have one at the range where I work that has been flawless for over 3000 rounds so far. We use it as a trainer/rental. Almost all of the ammo used so far has been some rather dirty but perfectly functional Aguila 22 LR. Gun does get cleaned a little more often due to the ammo, but that damn gun has just trucked along like a champ. This rebate seals the deal for me. Will get one ordered ASAP.
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 8:14:03 PM EDT
[#2]
This is a good deal. Prices are already falling a bit and the rebate makes it sweeter. Too bad I don’t need another one.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 4:07:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is a good deal. Prices are already falling a bit and the rebate makes it sweeter. Too bad I don’t need another one.
View Quote
Why do you suppose prices are dropping and then on top of it a $50 rebate on a gun that everyone is raving about?  Look down your barrels carefully...very poor machining.  I've had mine sent back twice...they put in a worse barrel than the original and I had to send it back and am now waiting for them to get a batch of new high quality barrels made up.

Link Posted: 7/9/2019 4:13:15 PM EDT
[#4]
according to Taurus Customer Service getting the new quality barrels is 8 to 12 weeks out

Taurus Chat log 7/8 2019:
(08:17:10 PM) rws53: regarding service order #XXXXXXX
I was contacted by Customer Service 2 weeks ago stating they are waiting for new barrels to be manufactured for this gun. They offered me the option of waiting till the new barrels are available and then the gun would be sent back to me or they said they would install a new "old stock" barrel and ship the gun back to me immediately and when the new barrels became available they would ship out the barrel. I opted for the second offer 2 weeks ago and have not got my gun back yet. What's up?
(08:17:16 PM) *** Lauren joined the chat ***
(08:19:03 PM) Lauren : Hello rws53. If this is for the TX22, we are replacing the barrels with a new permanent barrel and also sending a free magazine with the firearm once it is repaired. One moment and I will look into this service order.
(08:20:14 PM) Lauren : Can you please verify the address on file?
(08:20:59 PM) rws53: xxx xxx xxx x xxxxxxxxxx xx xxxxx
(08:23:17 PM) Lauren : Thank you for this information. At the time you were contacted it was decided we would offer a temp barrel and send a permanent barrel to you. However, we have now decided on a permanent, high quality barrel and these firearms are in the process of having these barrels installed, rather than placing a temp barrel and then having the customer put the new barrel on themselves. We are replacing it for you, and sending the firearms back, fully repaired and with a new 16 round magazine as well.
(08:24:45 PM) Lauren : I apologize for any confusion. This process should be completed within 8-12 weeks.
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 12:28:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm probably late to the game on this, but I just saw that PSA has STEEL magazines for the TX22. They are OOS at the moment, but you can get a reminder when they are back in stock.
Link Posted: 9/9/2019 1:25:07 PM EDT
[#6]
FYI the PSA ad is a misprint.  According to reviews the magazines they offer are the original factory polymer ones.

I just ordered one of these pistols.

I hope mine has the barrel issue fixed already, but probably not.
Link Posted: 9/9/2019 2:57:29 PM EDT
[#7]
TX22 fans,

If you need Taurus OEM mags,    ballisticdeals.com  has them in stock. Less than $16.00 each.
Beware, shipping is high, ($14.95), so order other stuff like AR mags, targets and such.

I have had two orders from them and they are GTG.

Link Posted: 9/10/2019 8:44:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I didn't know about the barrel thing. I just picked mine up yesterday. Seems well made from what I can tell so far but I haven't scoped the barrel yet. Sure hope mine doesn't have all of those chatter marks in it. Wow. It's incredible to me that stuff like that actually gets out these days. You've really got to screw things up and use some crap out of spec stuff to get that rifling that bad.
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 9:56:18 PM EDT
[#9]
It's a 250 dollar Taurus what did you expect??
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 1:19:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Well, actually, I expected a usable bore...

Forrest
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 4:55:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I missed out on the rebate... but i did pick up a brand new TX 22 non manual safety version yesterday at the local fun show... $225 OTD!  I'm already a fan just by the way it fits my hand, gonna have to get a FO front sight though... the factory one is hard to see.  I bought not as a bulls eye target gun but as a somewhat accurate plinker that can take most of my "hoarded" .22lr assortment ...  I have been through several that did not... the P22, SR22, and GSG 1911.. and I did own a Mosquito at one point for about a week...
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 6:10:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
They were originally a $350 Taurus until the barrel debacle killed sales and they had to start offering the rebate to clear them out.

I bought mine due to have always wanting a higher capacity .22 pistol.

I probably have 800 rounds through mine and it has been ultra reliable and super fun to shoot suppressed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top