Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 9:14:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Plasticseng] [#1]
I bought one at a local shop for $300 on Friday.  I had heard a lot of good things about these, and was looking for a trainer type 22 pistol.  The fact that it had a threaded barrel was just a bonus.

The bore on mine looks nice and smooth.

Went out and shot it yesterday, suppressed & unsuppressed, with high velocity and standard velocity ammo.  I shot about 200 rounds with no malfunctions of any kind.  

I can't wait to get the TX-22 adapter for my McFadden Lightning Loader.  I had forgotten what a pain it is to thumb 22LR rounds into a magazine.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 9:21:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Get an advantage arms conversion kit for your glock and win all the way around....

Red
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 4:41:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Red hasn’t read my thread.

A Glock 44 .22LR is better at dependable function than any Advantage Arms kit I have (five).  The Glock 44 is poor at accuracy and low in capacity at 10.

The TX22 is superior to either in dependability, ergonomics, and has a standard 16 round magazine.  It has a way better trigger and is way easier to shoot accurately.

The only real advantage to a G44 is that it is a Glock and will let you practice Glock’s stock trigger.

I have all three.  If I could only have one, It would be the TX22.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 8:46:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Warhawk] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Plasticseng:
I bought one at a local shop for $300 on Friday.  I had heard a lot of good things about these, and was looking for a trainer type 22 pistol.  The fact that it had a threaded barrel was just a bonus.

The bore on mine looks nice and smooth.

Went out and shot it yesterday, suppressed & unsuppressed, with high velocity and standard velocity ammo.  I shot about 200 rounds with no malfunctions of any.  

I can't wait to get the TX-22 adapter for my McFadden Lightning Loader.  I had forgotten what a pain it is to thumb 22LR rounds into a magazine.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/247941/20201128_094905_jpg-1706706.JPG
View Quote

Lakeline makes a nice mag loader for the TX22. Not really necessary, but it makes life easier and is cheap.  I got mine on eBay. LINK

I bought a FDE TX22 in September, it has been almost flawless, I’ve had one fail to eject and one fail to fire (dud round) that I can remember.  My wife really likes it, so I offered to let her have mine and I’d sell her M&P 22 Compact which has been a finicky POS and buy another TX22. I found the second TX22 but haven’t had a chance to shoot it yet.  It’s got a green with black splatter grip.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 9:02:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Gopher:
I haven't seen one in at a gun show or store in more than six months.
View Quote

I picked up a green one today at Market Hall gun show for $315 + tax.
Hopefully, I can take it out tomorrow and give it a go.
What is the best source for extra mags?
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 11:03:51 PM EDT
[#6]

I picked up a green one today at Market Hall gun show for $315 + tax.
Hopefully, I can take it out tomorrow and give it a go.
What is the best source for extra mags?
View Quote

I got mine from GUN MAG WAREHOUSE
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 11:34:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Funny, I took mine to the range today.  New shooters, let them shoot it suppressed.  They loved it.

I own two. Neither barrel looks pretty, ugly in fact.  But both shoot reasonable accurate at 10 yards off hand, so I can't complain. Not trying to make these competition guns.

Ironically I shoot them as good or better than most of the MKIV 1022s.

I love the trigger, and the feel of the gun in general.  Great trainer indeed.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 11:37:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Warhawk] [#8]
Originally Posted By ShamusMcOI:

I love the trigger, and the feel of the gun in general.  Great trainer indeed.
View Quote

Perfect quick description of the TX22
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 12:25:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Plasticseng] [#9]
Originally Posted By Warhawk:

Lakeline makes a nice mag loader for the TX22. Not really necessary, but it makes life easier and is cheap.  I got mine on eBay. LINK

I bought a FDE TX22 in September, it has been almost flawless, I’ve had one fail to eject and one fail to fire (dud round) that I can remember.  My wife really likes it, so I offered to let her have mine and I’d sell her M&P 22 Compact which has been a finicky POS and buy another TX22. I found the second TX22 but haven’t had a chance to shoot it yet.  It’s got a green with black splatter grip.
View Quote

Check out the McFadden Lightning Loader and I think you will find it far superior to that Lakeline.  I already had the loader and adapters for my 15-22 and my daughter's SR-22.  I just had to buy a 7 dollar adapter for the TX22.

McFadden Machine Lightning Grip Loader - .22lr magic!
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 10:08:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Took mine out today and ran 75 rounds of Stingers and assorted junk through it. I had two failures to feed on one mag with the Stingers. The other mag ran flawlessly.
I did have one failure to eject but that one round was an old steel cased Russian round left over from the early '90s. I swear that stuff was loaded with black powder. I have yet to find a semi-auto that would run it, even a 10/22.  It shot low left but I should be able to adjust the sights to fix that. It has absolutely NO recoil and should be perfect for teaching squeamish females sight picture and trigger control.
A cheap Amazon Tac light from DefendTek fits just fine. (DT-MIC)
Attachment Attached File

The whole time I was shooting this I was thinking this thing would be a hoot chambered for .22 Mag.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 11:31:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Plasticseng:

Check out the McFadden Lightning Loader and I think you will find it far superior to that Lakeline.  I already had the loader and adapters for my 15-22 and my daughter's SR-22.  I just had to buy a 7 dollar adapter for the TX22.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOJrVbelkbc
View Quote

I actually have one of their loaders, the one for Ruger MK and Browning Buckmarks. I don’t use it much because I don’t shoot those guns much any more. I had no idea there was a loader to load multiple 22 magazine types.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 7:19:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Warhawk:

I actually have one of their loaders, the one for Ruger MK and Browning Buckmarks. I don’t use it much because I don’t shoot those guns much any more. I had no idea there was a loader to load multiple 22 magazine types.
View Quote

Yea, I have that one for my Ruger Mark III and it is a great loader also.  They will spoil you and make you hate thumbing rounds in.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 5:05:31 PM EDT
[#13]
I took mine out and ran another 250 rounds of el-cheapo Federal Automatch through it today.  I had one FTE and that was it.  Otherwise flawless with and without the suppressor.  I really like this little pistol.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 9:07:46 PM EDT
[#14]
If anyone is looking for one and has a Murdochs Ranch and Home Supply near by, they have them for $249.  So here in MT, that is the OTD price The store by me had 5 in stock, varies by store though.  Black version.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 2:27:53 PM EDT
[#15]
NW stores only. Won’ ship guns.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 10:18:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Another +1 for the McFadden Lightning Loader. I bought it specifically for my two TX22s. I load up ten magazines at a time, the old fashioned way, until a few weeks ago. The Lightning Loader is fantastic. It's going to cost me because I'm going through ammo much faster. I've not tried any other of the magazine inserts. Durability remains to be seen.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 11:44:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By bmwmc:
Another +1 for the McFadden Lightning Loader. I bought it specifically for my two TX22s. I load up ten magazines at a time, the old fashioned way, until a few weeks ago. The Lightning Loader is fantastic. It's going to cost me because I'm going through ammo much faster. I've not tried any other of the magazine inserts. Durability remains to be seen.
View Quote

I'm having to replace mine after 4 years and an untold thousands of rounds, but I don't consider that a hardship for something that cost less than $25.  I should probably buy a few more in case they were to quit making them for some reason.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 4:58:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Warhawk] [#18]
TX #1 which is FDE/Black has been claimed by my wife.  This one has run nearly flawlessly with every kind of odds and ends ammo I had.  She likes it so well she told me to sell her M&P 22 compact.

So I ordered TX #2, this one has the green splatter grip frame.  This one seems to be ammo sensitive, granted I was trying some old ammo in it.  The malfunctions may be Mag related, when it jams it smashes the bullet nose against the feed ramp.  I need to try the mags from TX #1 and some better ammo.  I was able to hit a 6 inch plate at 50 yards about half the time, far better than I expected.

My LGS has built an indoor range Underneath the shop.  I suspect we will be shooting a lot of 22 there in the winter as wifey is not much for cold weather.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 5:45:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Let me start off by saying I have hated Taurus for decades.

After trying a Glock 44 and being completely underwhelmed I decided to give the TX-22 a try.
Found one at one of the LGS in town. Paid a little more than you guys are reporting($289).
Took it to the range and gave it hell. Shot it over 600rds as fast and hard as I could. I wanted to break it, to prove my hatred for Taurus, but the thing just ran and ran and ran. I must say I was impressed.
So then I ordered a bunch of spare mags. 14 of'em.
When they came in I loaded them up and of to the range again for another punishment test.
I ran that gun until it was too hot to touch. It never choked on any ammo except the standard velocity CCI. None of my semi .22's run on that stuff.
CCI mini-mags, Rem Golden Bullet, Federal bulk both lead and copper plated, WW red plastic box, Aquila HV, all ran well.
Accuracy wise it certainly ain't no match gun but it runs extremely reliably. Better than any other .22 semi pistols I have.
Minute of soda pop can accuracy.
I liked it so much I went out and bought another one. I've never done that before. For any gun.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 8:15:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LampShadeActual] [#20]
My black TX22 was $179, “free”, from selling range scrap brass reloaded to death or picked up.  I intend to buy another some day when prices..........?

Glad you like it.  14 spares?  Wow!  Nice on a freezing day not to have to reload.

Last Spring and this Fall, I taught a first time gun owner college professor how to shoot using my TX22 after we sourced a 3.6” MP9 2.0.  His only “complaint” was the TX trigger was so nice it was not like the S&W.

Your cat got out?

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:33:41 PM EDT
[#21]
I can't speak to their +9 mag kits but the +3 work well and lock back on the last round.  Pleased with my purchase.

https://gallowayprecision.com/taurus/tx22/
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 3:29:52 AM EDT
[#22]
My wife and I Shot a friend’s Tx-22 yesterday. We both really liked it.

Where is the cheapest place to get one? Gunbroker wants mid 400s for them. Same ? About extra mags.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 5:31:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By MikeSH:
My wife and I Shot a friend’s Tx-22 yesterday. We both really liked it.

Where is the cheapest place to get one? Gunbroker wants mid 400s for them. Same ? About extra mags.

Thanks!
View Quote

Mags:
https://www.shoptaurus.com/tx22-competition-accessories/taurus-tx22-22lr-magazine-16-rounds-358-0017-01
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 5:45:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Our TX22 is surprisingly good.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 8:51:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Get a red dot for it. It's video game easy after that.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:56:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Just found a big crack in my slide. 4-5k rounds through it. Really disappointed. Hope this doesn't become a regular thing like it is with Walther p-22s

Video showing the crack https://youtu.be/QOFSna88fKI

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 12:59:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By SGT-Fish:
Just found a big crack in my slide. 4-5k rounds through it. Really disappointed. Hope this doesn't become a regular thing like it is with Walther p-22s

Video showing the crack https://youtu.be/QOFSna88fKI

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/488159/20210218_211445_jpg-1831495.JPG
View Quote

OOF thats not good. Keep us posted on what Taurus does for you warranty wise.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:18:42 PM EDT
[#28]
I brought home a TX22 today for $299 plus tax.  I bought it with the intention of shooting it suppressed as soon as my stamp for my suppressor is approved.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 7:10:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Has anyone added a steel guide rod to theirs and how is it working out?
I just got mine from Taurus and installed it but haven't had time to shoot it yet.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 9:31:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Has anyone added a steel guide rod to theirs and how is it working out?
I just got mine from Taurus and installed it but haven't had time to shoot it yet.
View Quote

Got the Lakeline steel guide rod in mine. Works just fine, but I don't know if it's any better than the stock part.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 1:45:08 PM EDT
[#31]
I still haven't received an acceptable barrel (bore condition) after a couple of years and 'promises' from Taurus.

While I think that the TX22 is an inspired design, the US manufactured barrels suck (from my experience).

Color me disappointed, especially since I have several Taurus handguns (made in Brazil) that I am very happy with)...

Forrest
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 10:44:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By ftierson:
I still haven't received an acceptable barrel (bore condition) after a couple of years and 'promises' from Taurus.

While I think that the TX22 is an inspired design, the US manufactured barrels suck (from my experience).

Color me disappointed, especially since I have several Taurus handguns (made in Brazil) that I am very happy with)...

Forrest
View Quote

Friends gun just started keyholing with 38gr ammo. He slugged the bore and there was virtually no rifling engagement, evidently 40gr is still working but not a great sign.
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 6:42:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Purchased my tx22 last week. Looked at the bore and was not impressed. Very shallow, almost couldn’t make out the lands and grooves.
One range session so far. It was accurate but had numerous MF with Winchester 36 gr. HP
I bought the Glock 44 a week before the Tx22. The 44 outshot the Tx by far. Fed the Glock all kinds of ammo (150rds) one MF. Not what I was expecting.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 7:19:41 PM EDT
[#34]
One of my favorites.   The ergos just awesome.   Cci suppressor is a hoot.   The only thing it won't cycle is auilla .22grn super sniper cap only.   BUT the striker. Is louder.  Never found that round to cycle in anything.   I think it's intended for manual action target.    Attachment Attached File
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top