Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2023 10:24:48 AM EDT
I just saw this and wanted to pass it on to all that own a Taurus GX4 pistol. There is a safety recall that the GX4 can fire when dropped.

More info can be found here: https://gx4safetynotice.com
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 12:53:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I really don't hate Taurus, they have made many good economical pistols over the years. They even fixed my Taurus PT99 pistol for free that I bought used at a gunshow. And, I have an all steel Taurus PT940 pistol that is an absolute keeper. But after the fiasco with the PT111 Millennium pistols, I won't be acquiring any more Taurus products; the above is another example of why.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 7:15:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the post I have a GX4 and had not heard about this.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 5:09:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EncoreGolf] [#3]
Mine is not affected...
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 1:46:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Lots of companies have recalls, including Ruger, SIG, and Smith among others.  Almost normal unfortunately.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 5:55:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Mine is affect still waiting for a follow on email with shipping label.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 8:55:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: patw] [#6]
It seems that all brands have issues but  the best of the bunch for me is/was the Beretta copy(s) they made. I wish I still had that one.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 7:55:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Middle of July and zero response after filling out the online form. Going to call and see what the hold up is.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 9:04:12 PM EDT
[#8]
New e-mail from Taurus today and they have added more serial numbers.

https://gx4safetynotice.com/?utm_source=GATMarketing&utm_medium=taurusemail&utm_campaign=oct
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 8:09:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for heads up.
Mine is still in the unaffected group.
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 1:30:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sanlanman:
I really don't hate Taurus, they have made many good economical pistols over the years. They even fixed my Taurus PT99 pistol for free that I bought used at a gunshow. And, I have an all steel Taurus PT940 pistol that is an absolute keeper. But after the fiasco with the PT111 Millennium pistols, I won't be acquiring any more Taurus products; the above is another example of why.
View Quote

Yet I am sure you will still buy SIG, Ruger and Remington who have all had major recalls.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 3:31:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sanlanman:
View Quote

So No Sig Sauers either for you?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top