Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2021 6:15:46 PM EDT
Truly am. Just got her today.
I bought 4 Walther PPK (five actually) in the past few days; between new and old and different calibers.

I am absolutely astonished by the quality of this Arkansas (Walther USA) made one; comes standard with that (wonderful) walnut grip.

Damn!

Stainless Craze (2021 Walther PPK/S .380ACP Walnut grips) by SoloDallas, on Flickr

As I pick up the others at the FFL I'll post them here.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 6:27:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Perhaps I need another pistol...source and best pricing?
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 6:27:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Beautiful
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 6:31:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Perhaps I need another pistol...source and best pricing?
View Quote
*I* got this one on Gunbroker (as all the others - a vintage 1969 in - also - .380ACP; another stainless - used - but the smaller PPK, always from Arkansas AND the "melonite black" version - used - from Arkansas). I think if one watches and bids carefully, deals can STILL be had. 3 used, one new - all from different dealers/individuals.

But I still bought 4 (and a 1965 .22LR days ago). I am totally nuts with Bond and that Kinda crap.

So - again - I bought this one (new, the only one) on GB; dealer for this one specifically  is "Elk County" (would by again from them, super fast, super accurate, got here before all the others and they shipped USPS) and I paid for this USD999 (included everything, shipping etc.)

ETA when I mentioned Arkansas, I meant to say that they are produced there; I really wanted to have the latest, US made Walther PPK(s). I haven't heard anything negative on these ones (the contrary, including shooting any type of ammunition including hollow points, which is what I loaded this one with) while I remember a few hiccups with the S&W ones, over the years.

These are complete re-designs

Link Posted: 4/1/2021 6:35:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 6:35:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thank you
View Quote
You know how nice it feels to share here amongst the like-minded

Link Posted: 4/1/2021 7:05:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I regret selling my Interarms PPK/S.  It was the first gun I bought when I turned 21.  I may have to pick up one of these.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 10:35:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Truly am. Just got her today.
I bought 4 Walther PPK (five actually) in the past few days; between new and old and different calibers.

I am absolutely astonished by the quality of this Arkansas (Walther USA) made one; comes standard with that (wonderful) walnut grip.

Damn!

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51088748458_722da2de90_h.jpgStainless Craze (2021 Walther PPK/S .380ACP Walnut grips) by SoloDallas, on Flickr

As I pick up the others at the FFL I'll post them here.
View Quote

Lovely pistol! Here's my Bond fix

Link Posted: 4/3/2021 11:27:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Lovely pistol! Here's my Bond fix

https://i.imgur.com/F1muOJb.jpg
View Quote
Wooo-hoooo

(PS suppressor? Next)

ETA: adding picture of 1965 PPK in .380ACP I picked up yesterday;

1965 Walther PPK by SoloDallas, on Flickr
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 1:09:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Wooo-hoooo

(PS suppressor? Next)

ETA: adding picture of 1965 PPK in .380ACP I picked up yesterday;

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51090559237_c3049bf203_h.jpg1965 Walther PPK by SoloDallas, on Flickr
View Quote

Nice! The pic above is wearing an Element 2 with a thread adapter, just have to make sure it's wet
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 3:22:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Nice! The pic above is wearing an Element 2 with a thread adapter, just have to make sure it's wet
View Quote
YesSir! Wrote it down.

PS so today, got the third (out of four) Walther PPK I bought (in a row, yes?).

This is another Arkansas made, new generation, Walther PPK "Melonite black" in .380ACP

BandW by SoloDallas, on Flickr
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 8:58:38 PM EDT
[#11]
I picked up a new style PPK stainless in 380 ACP about a year ago.  I too was truly impressed with the quality and workmanship.  I have a Interarms PPK/S that is nice - but the PPK is really nice !

200+ trouble free rounds so far - but I only shoot ball ammo in any 380.  I've carried it a time or two during "social functions".

Would love to see one in 32 ACP ! It would follow me home for sure !

Link Posted: 4/9/2021 9:19:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I picked up a new style PPK stainless in 380 ACP about a year ago.  I too was truly impressed with the quality and workmanship.  I have a Interarms PPK/S that is nice - but the PPK is really nice !

200+ trouble free rounds so far - but I only shoot ball ammo in any 380.  I've carried it a time or two during "social functions".

Would love to see one in 32 ACP ! It would follow me home for sure !

View Quote
Sir, yesSir

(picked it up today; I believe this one to be just like yours, Arkansas production, Stainless steel, Walther PPK - not PPK/S)

Arkansas Walther PPK 380ACP by SoloDallas, on Flickr
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 9:53:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Yep ! !   PPK  Beautiful workmanship.  

Like I said - a 32ACP would follow me home !
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:47:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yep ! !   PPK  Beautiful workmanship.  

Like I said - a 32ACP would follow me home !
View Quote

I have large hands, I prefer the PP. I have a Manhurin PP in .32ACP.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 8:15:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Maybe I got lucky, but have never had a problem with a Smith and Wesson-produced stainless PPK from ten years ago.  Nice pistols.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:29:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Maybe I got lucky, but have never had a problem with a Smith and Wesson-produced stainless PPK from ten years ago.  Nice pistols.
View Quote
You know how the internet works; one guy has issues with their own firearm and it becomes 'this gun don't shoot' for the rest of the world.

"Oh, the humanity!"

So I had to do my due diligence and went for the newer ones.

If these new ones weren't there, I would have opted for a S&W version of these Walther PPK's and PPK/S without thinking twice
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top