Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2021 10:20:47 PM EDT
I've read (mostly old threads on the internet) around people having issues with the X300U-B (thumb screw model) on polymer pistols from overtightening.  Seems there is a lot of comments that the X300U-A version (quick detach rail lock) is best for Glocks.  I'm curious if anyone here has first hand experience with the 2 models on the Glocks and which they prefer.  If the X300U-A is tight on the Glock's, I'm perfectly fine with running that.  However, nothing would bother me more than the light being "loose" on the pistol.

Any thoughts/recommendations?
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 10:33:16 PM EDT
[#1]
@duckhook02

Get the B version.  Hand tight or use a quarter to tighten 1/8 past hand tight.  Never had a problem with the B version.  You don't need to gorilla it on.  Now, with the A version, I've had them loosen on me (with the correct keys) and I too don't like loose fit.  Hard to snug up (it can be done, but B is the better mounting solution).  The A version is two plastic rails secured by three small screws per rail (has been know to break off from impact).  The B version is aluminum rails.    

Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:12:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought an X300U-A for my 19x, swapped the U mount for the P and lock up is solid. Zero movement. ArmsUnlimited had a great price on the black and tan X300A-U

Link Posted: 4/20/2021 7:38:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Have both. Pick which mechanism you like best. Haven't had an issue with either. I hand tighten the B and it has never worked loose on me ( on Glocks). If it's something you're switching often between pistols or rifles, the A makes more sense imo.

Link Posted: 4/20/2021 8:29:53 PM EDT
[#4]
No preference, but usually find more of the -A model on classifieds for a good price.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 8:42:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I prefer the A on a Glock.  I’ve seen two Bs break the screw.  One on a G17, one on a Beretta.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 7:22:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Either of them work equally well. I'd recommend considering a TLR-1 HL as well. Its cheaper, shorter and has great spill/throw.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 7:07:02 PM EDT
[#7]
A models work and work well.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 12:40:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Better holster options with A
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 4:26:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 3:01:24 PM EDT
[#10]
I prefer the B.

But the TLR 7A is perfect.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 4:40:12 PM EDT
[#11]
The Surefire X300U-A model is perfect and secure on polymer framed handguns like Glocks.  You even get attachment options in the package if you want to try another method.

And while its obviously bigger, I prefer the X300U over my Streamlight TLR-7A.

Link Posted: 4/30/2021 6:40:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Have both. The clip on is for when you want to move it from gun to gun, I use the screw when I want it to stay on the gun under harsh conditions.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 11:14:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Here’s a question regarding A/B models. I want to grab a GCode OSL RTI mount holster for my 19x. They only list the X300B models compatible. Aren’t they nearly identical except for the mount?
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 9:26:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have both. The clip on is for when you want to move it from gun to gun, I use the screw when I want it to stay on the gun under harsh conditions.
View Quote

Has anyone in the history of mankind ever had an X300U just fall off? I've beat on the A models in ways I'd be ashamed to admit and they've always held true. Can't say that for things with screws that aren't Loctited.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 9:30:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Has anyone in the history of mankind ever had an X300U just fall off? I've beat on the A models in ways I'd be ashamed to admit and they've always held true. Can't say that for things with screws that aren't Loctited.
View Quote

I have had other clip-ons like the Insight come loose/off. Hence my lesson learned.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 9:53:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have seen many Bs fall off on the firing line. Never seen a A fly off.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 12:17:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I have seen many Bs fall off on the firing line. Never seen a A fly off.
View Quote

Quite the opposite from here.  Have seen an "A" break off when an officer practiced the down officer shooting (on back between his knees) and accidently smacked his gun down on the light rolling to get in the kneeling position of fire.  Rail broke right off.  Another officer used his gun as a make shift impact device by striking a suspect on the side of the head with said version "A".  Same result.  

Might I suggest tightening down and checking said tightness (witness marks) when you chamber a round and holster your weapon before going to work?  Or are these the same folks that don't make it to the range often and fail during quals?  Common sense....oh wait, it's not so common these days.  

As far as the screw breaking off on the "B".  Never heard of that.  What are they tightening down to?  An AR rail?  They must be using a screwdriver.  You don't need to gorilla it down or just hand tight.  Check the previous posts on the 1/8 turn past hand tight.  

I've had Laser Products, now known as Surefire since their inception.  

I have earlier generation X300s with "A" mounts and even the X200A and X200B with the "A" mount.  They were okay, meaning you can easily remove, but they have a tendency to loosen/wiggle/wobble.  The original X200 series had two screws per rail.  They had issues with a lack of rigidity and went to three screws per rail.  Then came the "B" mount in all aluminum.  My "A" versions are relegated to home/safe guns with the "B" versions for duty/carry.  I have a lot of the X300U B lights.  That's what I learned from carrying for several decades.  OP you'll have to make your own decision and see what plays out.      
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 12:23:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 3:39:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

A friend had one fly off his double stack 1911 when doing a mag dump. He didn't install it correctly and the lock bar wasn't fully latched in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top